Page 38 of 135 FirstFirst ... 132835363738394041486388 ... LastLast

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Re: RCMC #129 - We are on a mission!

Ugh, looks like the monthly 'theme police' vs 'ignorant masses' thread has reared its head once again

I'm staying out of this one.
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

• Sshhh, being very quiet

So the boy is just about ready to enter the hockey side of the ice at his lessons! I want to get him into his hockey skates as I've been using the rental ones.
    I'm so excited to see what he can do and he can't wait to get that stick in his hand!

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    Ugh, looks like the monthly 'theme police' vs 'ignorant masses' thread has reared its head once again

I'm staying out of this one.
    Hmmm....why did I giggle at the ignorant masses concept

But yeah...I noticed that to and I don't even bother.

As of my latest trip to the parks last saturday and a certain incident, I'm on the fence about Disney at the moment.

Gosh! I report spammers everyday! They post like 3 threads mostly in Disneyland Paris forum. Isn't there a way to stop the bots? Like make them punch in that code if they try to becoming a member? I'm really just curious....

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

How so?
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

How so?
    You can read about it here:

I don't want to copy and paste my huge vent in this wonderful place. But it was ridiculous.

I'm headed to Universal on Saturday since we got AP's with our tickets we bought on Christmas. I'm actually excited for something new.

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Hmm, well

I guess that makes sense, though you know how Disney is. Wouldn't want them to have stopped the couple, then that couple coming back and claiming 'racism'

Though in the terms of employees, they get what they pay for (not much)
    -Dr. Strange

Hmm, well

I guess that makes sense, though you know how Disney is. Wouldn't want them to have stopped the couple, then that couple coming back and claiming 'racism'
    It was obvious to the CM and the 20 people in line watching...that they were faking not knowing english and cutting. What concerns me is the CM's ability to not only let them cut while the line full of people they were cutting, watched, but her ability to shrug off my concerns about her decision.

So in essence, she neglected my concerns. But that isn't even it really. The fact that the next 3 CM's I told shrugged it off as well, even the lead. If that kind of stuff continues, they are going to run into a mad guest who just saw the CM let these people cut....and it would not be pretty. Its a disaster waiting to happen.

But as you said:

Though in the terms of employees, they get what they pay for (not much)
    Yup, that pretty much sums it up. I think I read someone say here "you pay peanuts...you get monkeys"

Its very sad really...I'm more sad about it than mad though.

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Well compare it to the recent "White Rabbit" incident where the teenagers and their father were harassing the face character.

Everyone knew they were being idiots, but as soon as the CM in the costume reacted back, it suddenly became 'an issue'

That's probably how their training is, to be incredibly passive in most situations unless its a big deal.

Cant say I've had a bad experience with a CM, but I dont visit the park as much as the average poster on these forums though.
    -Dr. Strange

Well compare it to the recent "White Rabbit" incident where the teenagers and their father were harassing the face character.

Everyone knew they were being idiots, but as soon as the CM in the costume reacted back, it suddenly became 'an issue'

That's probably how their training is, to be incredibly passive in most situations unless its a big deal.

Cant say I've had a bad experience with a CM, but I dont visit the park as much as the average poster on these forums though.
    Honestly, I've never had a bad CM experience up until last Saturday. I've had bad guests experiences for sure, like the White Rabbit thing. That was a different situation. I would not blame the CM's at all.

I still love Disney, always will. I will still go to Disney movies, in fact the boy and I are super excited to see Oz in 2 weeks. I just think that my visits there may be numbered and the increasing AP price just not worth it anymore. I had to get the boy a Deluxe AP and now all saturdays on his pass is blocked off until August, we only go on Saturdays . I just don't see that worth $1200 a year.

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Yea, that's quite a bit of money
    -Dr. Strange

• Elven Queen of Caffeine

Good Morning. I went a little multi-quote crazy this morning as I read back, forgive me!

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleman View Post
    HELLO MY FRIEND........LADY
    School work done...ect?
    Jim
    Far, far from it. But I went to bed at 8:30 last night anyway. The body can only handle so much...

Quote Originally Posted by Spy View Post
    no class tomorrow. which means the next big thing I have to worry about is my phone interview on thursday morning.... yikes. better start preparing.
    Phone interview for....DCP??

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    So if I put a polar bear under a pink lightbulb, it's a pink polar bear?

POLAR BEAR RAVE!
    This made my morning!

Quote Originally Posted by Aura of Foreboding View Post
    We may get older, but we'll never grow up. That's for sissies.
    Word!

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    Clara have you seen this? I so would love to do this but I am so not brave enough...

Flickr: 100 Strangers
    Slightly creepy, actually. Intriguing, but creepy...I just imagine a random stranger coming up to me to take my photo...which I would decline...but if they tried to get to "know" me on top of it....yeah, that's just creepy.

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post

Yup, that pretty much sums it up. I think I read someone say here "you pay peanuts...you get monkeys"

Its very sad really...I'm more sad about it than mad though.
    I like that phrase. I get paid in peanuts, and let me tell you, the complacency that comes with feeling undervalued...I CAN do a very good job at my job. But I usually don't (hence my presence on MC during my shift)...but I figure they don't think I'm worth more than they're paying me, so I totally don't mind proving them right..I had to fight hard for my last raise...they gave me $0.30. I was trying to prove that I was doing more work than they were paying me for...let me tell you, the lack of opportunities for any sort of promotion or advancement...well, some people can do the same job for years on end and be perfectly happy. I am not one of them.
    Signature courtesy of Poisonedapples

• Pooloo See Bagoomba

I watched that video and couldn't get how having fun at Disneyland meant picking on the people, or rabbits in this case, who work there. You're probably right about their training. Don't confront idiots because you can't fix stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyNimrodelle View Post
    I like that phrase. I get paid in peanuts, and let me tell you, the complacency that comes with feeling undervalued...I CAN do a very good job at my job. But I usually don't (hence my presence on MC during my shift)...but I figure they don't think I'm worth more than they're paying me, so I totally don't mind proving them right..I had to fight hard for my last raise...they gave me $0.30. I was trying to prove that I was doing more work than they were paying me for...let me tell you, the lack of opportunities for any sort of promotion or advancement...well, some people can do the same job for years on end and be perfectly happy. I am not one of them.
    Ha, yeah. Isn't it google who provides all kinds of perks for their employees?
    snopes.com: I Want to Work at Google

Now I don't know how true all that is but still...that would be nice!

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Though if you pay peanuts, shouldn't you get elephants?

I wasn't aware monkeys liked peanuts.
    -Dr. Strange