Page 39 of 135 FirstFirst ... 142936373839404142496489 ... LastLast

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Re: RCMC #129 - We are on a mission!

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    Though if you pay peanuts, shouldn't you get elephants?

I wasn't aware monkeys liked peanuts.

LOL maybe it was bananas "If you pay bananas you get monkeys"

Ha!

So is anyone familiar with taking motion sickness medications?

I want to enjoy the rides at Universal on Satruday but they are all like Star Tours and I can no longer ride Star Tours without getting SUPER bad motion sickness. Last time I rode...I almost passed out.

So I was looking into Dramamine or Bonine, something for motion sickness. I figure I should take them with eating but any thoughts? I usually don't take medications but I really want to ride Simpsons and enjoy Transformers this time.

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Heard Dramamine works well, they have a non drowsy version

Think only the simpsons is like star tours though; mummy and Jurassic, and transformers are actual rides.
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

Heard Dramamine works well, they have a non drowsy version

Think only the simpsons is like star tours though; mummy and Jurassic, and transformers are actual rides.
    Transformers is a moving car with screens and 3D. That is what makes me want to die. When I rode it in December, I was close to what I feel like on Star Tours.

I won't do Jurassic becuase of that enormous drop at the end. Maybe I'll do it single rider but I know the boy won't do that.

I WILL do the mummy through. I"m tempted to look at video of it on youtube because I've never ridden it but I kinda want to be surprised.

• Elven Queen of Caffeine

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    So is anyone familiar with taking motion sickness medications?

I want to enjoy the rides at Universal on Satruday but they are all like Star Tours and I can no longer ride Star Tours without getting SUPER bad motion sickness. Last time I rode...I almost passed out.

So I was looking into Dramamine or Bonine, something for motion sickness. I figure I should take them with eating but any thoughts? I usually don't take medications but I really want to ride Simpsons and enjoy Transformers this time.
    I've taken dramamine...never had any reaction. But I took it when I was a kid and mom didn't want me to get sick on the boat to Catalina. Turns out I don't get motion sickness...so I may not be the best example.
    Signature courtesy of Poisonedapples

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Video wont help much, its a roller coaster in the dark (ala space mountain)
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

Quote Originally Posted by LadyNimrodelle View Post
    I've taken dramamine...never had any reaction. But I took it when I was a kid and mom didn't want me to get sick on the boat to Catalina. Turns out I don't get motion sickness...so I may not be the best example.
    Well better safe than sorry!

Video wont help much, its a roller coaster in the dark (ala space mountain)

yeah, i figured as much. I know that it is a bit scary though, but I think like Ghost Galaxy maybe? We shall see. Because Ghost Galaxy, with that big red blob skeleton devil thing....kinda scares me a bit.
    Last edited by clara; 02-27-2013 at 11:28 AM.

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Kindof, not that I've ridden Ghost Galaxy

If you've seen the Brendan Fraiser Mummy movies, you kindof know what to expect
    -Dr. Strange

I've seen them all and I actually really liked them. I like Rachel Weisz to.

But I'm sure my sister will make me go first then tell her how it was becuase she can't handle Ghost Galaxy.

Yes, wimpiness runs in our blood...

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Aura of Foreboding View Post
    Make no mistake: Wherever there is Random, there are llamas. It's our official cover story.

GhostFromThePast: What's going on in here?
    GalWhoseNameIsDisney: Oh nothing... We're just chatting.
    GhostFromThePast: About what?
    GalWhoseNameIsDisney: Llamas.
    GhostFromThePast: Oh... Someone had better get the Mommy Stick!
    interesting!

very random

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    The Llama is the official mascot of the RCMC according to Pengy, and she's knows of what she speaks.
    good to know. i thought mickey mouse was the mascot i am glad i was corrected!

Six actually, because I always have one with myself as well.
    HAA!!!

There is a vampire on General Hospital?! I am so taping it!
    oh whaT? i missed this??

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleman View Post
    WOE !...Who that "WOMEN" !

and who that Paper Boy,that is next to her........LoL

Kelly Girl........You Guy's Look Great......JIM
    hi jim!! the paper boy.. LOL LOL nice one jim!!

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    As far as hair color goes:

Do you know polar bears are black skinned but covered with white hairs?

Do you know that Black Panthers are a unique specials? They are jaguars with extra melanin in the Americas and leopards with the same condition in Africa. The same animals also commonly have melanin deficiencies, making them pale and then are called white, leopards or jaguars. These are common in both cat species.

that is true!

Wikipedia had this to say about polar bears!

..unlike other Arctic mammals, they do not shed their coat for a darker shade to camouflage themselves in the summer conditions. The hollow guard hairs of a polar bear coat were once thought to act as fiber-optic tubes to conduct light to its black skin, .[48]

The white coat usually yellows with age. When kept in captivity in warm, humid conditions, the fur may turn a pale shade of green due to algae growing inside the guard hairs.[49] Males have significantly longer hairs on their forelegs, that increase in length until the bear reaches 14 years of age.
    Polar bear fun facts!!!!! LOVE IT!!!

Random thought:

Will the number of 'Why do APHs get special things regular guests don't?" threads surpass the "Why don't APHs get anything special?" threads.
    they should not go against each other but merge together

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    I'm curious - To those of you who are parents, why would you take a baby to Disneyland? I mean, I understand if you're local/AP and you can go multiple times, but I've seen threads and TRs of people taking cross-country vacations with a baby to the parks. I always think that it would be a hassle and kind of damper the vacation, being limited on rides, not being able to ride with your spouse, etc. However, I have no kids yet. I am not passing judgement, just merely wondering.
    if i had a baby, i'd bring it but only at a certain age, after they were potty trained and free of having to take naps.. so like maybe the age 4 or 5. that was actually a rule in our family growing up, so might carry in on into my own family

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    I LOVE Etsy!! I can't sew/crochet/knit so I love that I can buy those types of crafts handmade from people who do have that skill.
    mee tooo! i love Etsty ..not sewing, don't have patience. LOL

soooooo my coworker broke her computer and it freaked out on her, and so i said " oh awesome! thanks nina, now we have to have dave howard come in and fix it.. not that is bad or anything".. so dave is the I.T. network dude that does our network etc, and i got a crush on him i think( i know talked of him before)..i will never tell N this tho, anyhow so not but 2 seconds after i said Dave's name, i walked past the conference room and wouldn't u know there he was!

• Sock Puppet

ghost galaxy is not scary. it rocks!

Well, I've been reading reviews online and I'm actually really excited to ride Mummy...and I bet my sister chickens out! Ha! But hopefully they let us do rider switch for the boy. He won't ride it for sure, especially if I haven't ridden it yet.

• Under that tree again!

So the boy is just about ready to enter the hockey side of the ice at his lessons! I want to get him into his hockey skates as I've been using the rental ones.
    I'm so excited to see what he can do and he can't wait to get that stick in his hand!
    I didn't skate much, but far more on roller blades when they came out than ice. I tried holding a stick, not problem. Pushing a ball or puck was really hard, though I could play floor hockey quite well.

Gosh! I report spammers everyday! They post like 3 threads mostly in Disneyland Paris forum. Isn't there a way to stop the bots? Like make them punch in that code if they try to becoming a member? I'm really just curious....
    I don't know why they can't require multiple posts before posting links. It cuts down on bots.

I caught up, only had this tab open for what 3, 4 hours. Afternoon everyone.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

I didn't skate much, but far more on roller blades when they came out than ice. I tried holding a stick, not problem. Pushing a ball or puck was really hard, though I could play floor hockey quite well..
    I hear roller hockey and ice hockey are both very different to play. He is getting the skating down pretty good. From never been on skates ever in his life in December to pretty much being able to spin and skate fast presently, he's learned pretty quick. But he REALLY wants to play hockey.

I caught up, only had this tab open for what 3, 4 hours. Afternoon everyone.
    LOL Good job! I'm proud of you!