Page 52 of 135 FirstFirst ... 22742495051525354556277102 ... LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Re: RCMC #129 - We are on a mission!

And its morning.... on step closer to Friday but Friday evening I have a funeral to go to for someone who use to be a nurse at the hospital and her cousin works with me now. She was only 57... not that much older than me. In fact, of the 3 obits that were in the paper yesterday 2 were younger than me and one just a little older.

Just goes to show..... time waits for no one. No one is promised tomorrow...

Now if I could just wake up... So looking forward to sleeping in again someday, which I think will be sometime in April when I have a day off from both jobs and its not a weekend when my husband gets me up early to go to breakfast.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

My husband and I used to do the early breakfast thing on Sundays. Way too early for me to eat most Sundays, but you don't argue with the hubby when he wants to do something. Well now he's changed his habits, and we go later in the morning. I like that better, and so does he.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Just bumping up this thread to the top of the Fun and Games lounge where it belongs.

Good Morning. Most of the snow has again melted here in Chicago. I sure hope that it stays away.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    And its morning.... on step closer to Friday but Friday evening I have a funeral to go to for someone who use to be a nurse at the hospital and her cousin works with me now. She was only 57... not that much older than me. In fact, of the 3 obits that were in the paper yesterday 2 were younger than me and one just a little older.

Just goes to show..... time waits for no one. No one is promised tomorrow...

Now if I could just wake up... So looking forward to sleeping in again someday, which I think will be sometime in April when I have a day off from both jobs and its not a weekend when my husband gets me up early to go to breakfast.
    Morning Pengy!
    Ah funerals, there seem to be alot in my life lately...

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Morning everyone.
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    Morning everyone.

Morning you!

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    Just bumping up this thread to the top of the Fun and Games lounge where it belongs.

Good Morning. Most of the snow has again melted here in Chicago. I sure hope that it stays away.
    Snow!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Snow. It's too quiet. How many times have I gotten up in the morning to be surprised by all that white stuff everywhere?

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

If I shovel, and spend hours out there making sure I do a good job, then for sure we will get a heat wave 24 hours later.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

.......and if I don't shovel, then it will freeze up, and become an iceskating surface that I can't walk across.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Murphy and the snow man are good buddies, don't you know?

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

What is this snow you speak of? Its supposed to be in the low 80s this weekend here
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    What is this snow you speak of? Its supposed to be in the low 80s this weekend here
    We do not know what the white stuff falling from the sky is...we live in S. Cali :P

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    Gosh, why can't anyone respect RSVP anymore. I need to give the bowling alley a head count for the boy's bowling party and I have heard not one response! Blegh.
    I went to a big dinner. I got to talking with the person who set it up. He said they used the room before, it could fit 200. He had 150 RSVPs. When he saw the room before the dinner, it only had tables for 140 and he was worried many more than 150 would show. It had many more chairs, but for a dinner eating in chairs is not an option unless it's a picnic. In the end there were lots of empty spots at the tables, I think only 130-140 showed up.

I felt bad for this guy, because he figured 200 spots at tables when told the room fits 200 people. Then even RSVP didn't show. There was tons of extra food. I saw the dessert and it was special event cakes, 1 served, 1 barely cut into.

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    Yes, the resistance is getting out of control. We are having to resort to riskier medications to combat these bugs. It's not good.
    I've heard it suggested because daycares and school send kids home with low temperatures. Parents are working and can't miss work. So the parents take the kids to doctors for antibiotics. This causes bodies to receive more anitbiotics sooner in life.

Quote Originally Posted by Spy View Post
    just submitted my FAFSA, since I need aid for this summer. thankfully I realized before the deadline in three days! now it's time to prepare for the interview!
    Why for summer? Isn't that when you hope to be a CP?

Quote Originally Posted by Spy View Post
    I don't think so, because there's an accompanying question where they ask what you use the internet for. disney, that's really none of your business. :P
    They want to know if you are using the internet productively or not?
    Micechat=bad, facebook=bad. Email=ok, research=ok.

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    What exactly does a park greeter do?

I totally agree on working a retail job in the park. I've always thought that would kind of be a "waste" because you don't really get to see or experience the unique parts of Disney.
    I think a greater would be good. Sell tickets, get guests to and through the gates. Some crowd control involved.

Retail is very good.

Basically there are 4 big groups.
    Attractions, custodial, food and retail.
    Attractions sounds like the most fun, you brag about your attractions. But all you do are move droves of guests the are tired of being in lines.
    Custodial is a 50/50. It's either cleaning bathrooms, carry bags of trash around, or casually sweeping while giving directions and smiling at guests. It can be aweful or great.
    Food is bad. Just a grind everday, wiping tables, standing behind cash registers or scooping slop.
    Retail, can be boring because it's the slowest at most times. Only rushed when it rains and the park is closing. Tons of folding. But you have a lot of time with each guests to help them shop and answer questions. That's where you can make magic.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    So looking forward to sleeping in again someday, which I think will be sometime in April when I have a day off from both jobs and its not a weekend when my husband gets me up early to go to breakfast.
    Is that because you need a day off from the hospital that is also a school break? So you are waiting for your Spring Break?

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    Snow. It's too quiet. How many times have I gotten up in the morning to be surprised by all that white stuff everywhere?
    Isn't it peaceful when the snow dulls the sounds?

Morning everyone.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    We do not know what the white stuff falling from the sky is...we live in S. Cali :P
    Oh we get white stuff falling from the sky, but its usually during wildfire season.
    -Dr. Strange