Page 114 of 134 FirstFirst ... 146489104111112113114115116117124 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 2005

• Triple Goddess

Re: RCMC #130: Amok is a city in Indonesia (or possibly Malaysia?)

Just keep swimming, just keep swimming...

• Triple Goddess

I got about 2 hours sleep last night. I am beyond tired. In case anyone was wondering about my sleeping habits.

• What Time Taught Us

it's getting a little ridiculous

how much I want frozen yogurt.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

I guess I missed something here. I think I am glad I missed it.

And look...it's my yang! Hi CCC!
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

The Blackhawks won again, and for that I am smiling.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I must thank Jody for showing me how to post videos. They are fun to google, and to listen to,

• Pooloo See Bagoomba

I can make things vanish into thin air.

Where are my car keys?
    ​ Yes

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Darrin did have a hard time not telling people that he was married to a witch.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I know I don't have them, since I can't drive.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by humphreybear62 View Post
    I can make things vanish into thin air.

Where are my car keys?
    Check the couch cushions. That's where I found mine after a 20 minute search today.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    Darrin did have a hard time not telling people that he was married to a witch.
    I liked Dick York, the original Darrin, better than Dick Sargent. And just the other day I saw the actor who played Darrin's boss in a Twilight Zone episode. Dick York was in at least one, also.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by crazy go nuts View Post
    1723 is the new number
    This provides the RCMC with purpose. This is the reason that the early threads were always such a success.

Can we just like, smoke a peace pipe here? I don't think there is any fundamental disagreement here, just a bit of misplaced hostility. I just got through having a giant argument on Instagram with this enormously hateful bigot who called me some terrible things. Some people can't be changed. But that isn't any of us. We are all mature and loving people, so let's not misplace our anger, ok? There are plenty of people to be saving it for; all of us on here, we don't really think that differently. I'm new, but I can tell we are all pretty cool people and this is below us.

Love, love, to all
    I admire this guy.

I'm 20. I live in La Verne, CA, about 40 mins. from Disney. I've been too many times to count! I'm a passholder and try to go twice a month or so. I love food! Dole whips are my favorite, I'm not a huge fan of the churros there. Corn dogs are good! And the gumbo is good, and the pasta at the Pizza Port is good.

My favorite ride is the DLRR. That's not a joke. I could ride it for hours. But the Haunted Mansion is also a favorite. And yes, it is Joseph, thanks
    I really admire this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post

To many things have been taken out of context and blown out of proportion, and I'm as guilty of that as anyone else. And I think people are taking things to personal, taking personality conflicts and letting them get the better of them rather than just making a conscious effort to just let it go and move on.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    Oh thats the internet for you these days, people dont know how to have debates or conversations anymore, everyones so convinced of their sides 'rightness' that they automatically dismiss everything else and just react with subtle our outright hostility to those who dont share their 'hivemind'
    them
    And this.

Quote Originally Posted by coopercaseycody View Post
    I am not one of the original members. I came in later. But I was welcommed with open arms. And I have seen all who have come since me also welcommed with open arms. This truly is a special place. I believe that everyone who wishes to come and join in are welcome. And it will continue that way.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    There's a reason why we have existed this long.
    Possibly. I also think it could have to do with the fact that, before, people who didn't like what was happening would leave. Now, everybody stays because he/she is right and wishes to argue it to the death.

Quote Originally Posted by coopercaseycody View Post
    Things I love about RCMC:

*Meeting new people and appreciating new views and insights.
    *Barbara and Jody: 'nuff said
    *Discovering I have a long lost sister. (Love you my soul sissy)
    *Barry's endless knowledge of music and sports. (Love the songs you post!)
    *Adopting all my RCMC children, you guys make me smile all day long and the list is too long to type out.
    *Kevin and Johnny's intelligence
    *Rob's kindness and all around awesomeness!
    *Jim's kind soul
    *The humor and wit of Marie, Brandon, Josh, Nico
    *Sara's recipes
    *Everyone who contributes to our family
    *Kelly's pharmacological advice
    *laughter each and every day
    *Even though some of our members don't post at all or very often, that they are still a part of us
    *Each and every one of you who post in hear and make me smile
    *Knowing that we will always be there for each other.
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyNimrodelle View Post
    It makes my soul cry to see stuff like that happen in the RCMC...but ya know, if you read back and weren't involved in the drama...it all seems so minor.

I think it's easy to forget that we ALL have our insecurities, and we all have different ways of coping with them. Some people become sarcastic, others become narcissistic, others just cry by themselves. The key to interacting with the greater world is to realize that we have NO idea what is going on in the lives of anyone else - we are all struggling with different demons.

I'll stick around, because this is home. But I feel...disappointed...that it all had to end up this way.

Anyway, let me clarify here that I'm not upset with anyone, and this post is not meant for anyone in particular. I am just very sad, and this is how I express myself.
    I don't even know what it's about. I just came here and read all of this nonsense and about died.

And everyone should remember what you have written in your second paragraph, but they don't. I, however, think that something along those lines should be added to the forums to remind people to be civil to each other. I mean MC is about Disneyland, which is a fantastic place, but -- come on -- it's a theme park. You go there to have fun. People who visit this forum should have the same mindset. Discuss differences, but have fun doing it! Disneyland ain't gonna be around forever. MC ain't gonna be around forever. It's a fact of life. Things change. Enjoy the present while you can. I appreciate passion, but treating other human beings in a miserable fashion, and all over a theme park, is unacceptable. Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    I'm pretty sure that I'm going to have more to say when I take the time to actually think... but right now I have life to take care of and this is just off the top of my head..... this was also posted on FB but I wanted it here too.

And this is why I am pretty much at the end of my rope and have never been so close to totally shutting down the RCMC permantely forever..... we've had our issues in the past but we have never drawn lines in the sand and divided into seperate fractions against each other. All the years that the RCMC has been in existence I have had an open door policy. I resisted taking it gold because I wanted it to be a place that was open to anyone who wanted to come in. All of us were new at one time or another... there have been times that people have come in that haven't really fit or that someone doesn't like and we've always before been able to just ignore those people. Now I see an all out war between the "newcomers" (of which we were all on at one time) and the old guard... and I am totally and completly disgusted, pissed off and fed up with the fact that we have taken to battling with each other both outright and passive/agressively. And I'm disqusted that I too, have been a part of this and now we have hurt feeling on both sides and that we have for the first time in the history of the RCMC.... actually chased people out.... there have been mistakes made by people on both sides of the fence, and I'm not to proud to confess that I made some mistakes too with things that I've said along the way.

I'm done. I'm so totally angry right now I can't even think straight about all of this. I'm really, really disappointed and upset in a lot of people right now, on both sides.... I tried to be "Sister Mary Switzerland" and try to be fair to all sides... even asking people to stop the passive aggressive remarks and asking people to just ignore each other which apparently feel on deaf ears.

Seriously.... we all have things going on in our lives and we all need an escape from that reality. This was before a place where we could leave the stress behind, have some fluffy fun and get support from each other.... and now on top of having to deal with real life that we all are the RCMC has become a battle ground.

I just don't know what else to say right now.....
    I just wanted to copy that whole thing, because I think it's a sad comment on what used to be a great place to hang out and have fun.

*Please note the caps in the following are meant for emphasis, as I cannot currently embolden words for some reason. Don't take it personally, please.

Now, I'm not going to tell you all how to run the RCMC. That's not my place. I have not been around here for a long time, and this is a very different animal. This is no longer the RCMC I once knew and loved. That place died a long time before I left. (Yes, I should have left a lot sooner than I did.) But, I will tell you why it worked for as long as it did in its original state: It was a place to be RANDOM, to WASTE time, and to have FUN doing it. In the original RCMC, a long, long, long time ago, we discussed NONSENSE and chased RANDOM numbers. When people started getting to know each other, when they began to like people for reasons other than the fact that those folks were fun people to waste time with, when groups and cliques formed, when conversations became more about SOMETHING as opposed to NOTHING, that's when the RCMC lost its charm. But, do with it what you please, get personal, discuss SOMETHING as opposed to silly NONSENSE. That's your choice. But, trust me, the writing's on the wall... literally. Keep it up, and you will lose the privilege of posting in what was once a beautiful place with folks like RW, Mav, DG, Hils, Murph, and other ghosts of the past. Keep it up and lose the chance to post in a place with wonderful possibility, a result of some amazing current posters. Keep it up and lose the chance to chat with dozens like them who may come, who you'll never get the privilege of knowing.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    I liked Dick York, the original Darrin, better than Dick Sargent. And just the other day I saw the actor who played Darrin's boss in a Twilight Zone episode. Dick York was in at least one, also.
    I consider Bewitched to have run for 5 seasons as opposed to 8. It ended when York left, and it lost its charm with the deaths of Marion Lorne and Alice Pearce.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Well I'll be a monkey's uncle. It's Friday.

• Pooloo See Bagoomba

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    Well I'll be a monkey's uncle. It's Friday.
    Cool Barry. And who are those way out dudes in the back-up band?
    ​ Yes