Page 115 of 134 FirstFirst ... 156590105112113114115116117118125 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 2005

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Re: RCMC #130: Amok is a city in Indonesia (or possibly Malaysia?)

I guess I really missed something. And should probably be really grateful.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by humphreybear62 View Post
    Cool Barry. And who are those way out dudes in the back-up band?
    Three brothers from Hawthorne, their cousin and a close friend.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Dick Van Dyke is one of the greatest and most nimble actors of the last 50 years. It is hilarious that "Rob Petrie" was portrayed as a klutz on the Dick Van Dyke show. But even then he showed many of his dance moves.

Back to the Beach Boys...I have told the story before that one summer day in 1968, on a whim, Brian came by our house in Cypress and said he wanted to take me to Disneyland. They wouldn't let us in because his hair was too long. He told the people at the gate that he made a Disney movie. If he had his SAG card with him, they would have let us in. He didn't and we were refused.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

For Johnny: .....and anyone else who wants to take the time to read.

I have been here from the absolute beginning of the RCMC, and yes, it isn't the same place that it once was. Who says different is wrong? Who says different doesn't work? If this different place doesn't warm your heart, and your soul then move on. However, it is still the best little corner of MiceChat, and I will not let anyone tell me different. It works for me, and it has worked for a very long time. If you have grown away from the RCMC then I understand, but don't call us a failure. I don't believe that. Don't walk in the room, in the middle of the conversation, unless you know the entire story. Read the 130 threads in their entirety and tell me that we don't work. We have worked, and we will continue to as long as we deal with each other honestly. Sure we are random, however, we have invested our emotions in each other, and sure that comes with consequences. For some, they want to keep their private lives private. For others they don't. We bear our souls, and we comfort each other, and we cry for each other. We fight, and we make up. We are a family in the true sense of the word.

Johnny, you and I are definitely no longer on the same page.....

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Now if I could have said that in a PM, I would have.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    1. ...don't call us a failure.

2. Don't walk in the room, in the middle of the conversation, unless you know the entire story. Read the 130 threads in their entirety and tell me that we don't work. We have worked, and we will continue to as long as we deal with each other honestly.

3. We bear our souls, and we comfort each other, and we cry for each other. We fight, and we make up. We are a family in the true sense of the word.

Johnny, you and I are definitely no longer on the same page.....
    1. I didn't.

2. This is where I think we do disagree. I think this place needed someone to come in from the outside and tell it that there was something desperately wrong with the way that it was treating many of its members. The fact that the oldest member and one of the founders (the founder, if I may) had to post messages like she did speaks for itself.

3. Of course, but this should be the exception. There is enough drama in real life. It doesn't need to exist on the Internet. The Internet, more specifically, the RCMC should be a place where people can talk about their real life problems, and lose those problems to the randomness. It should not be a place where problems are created.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Your timing stinks. Johnny. That's all I can say.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

He's definitely entitled to his opinion, but he sure picked a lousy time to express it.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SnorkletsMom View Post
    Kids, this is why we can't have nice things.
    Now...here's the basic rule for ANY website, blog, forum, social site: Leave if you want, stay if you want. But do it because YOU wish to. Unless you've been hit by the banning stick, you are free to come and go as you desire. You're free to post what you want (within the rules) but bear in mind that there are consequences for anything, even if it was simply a poorly worded or overly emotional 'mistake'. If you feel harmed, PM that person and ask why. If you feel harassed, again PM the person behind it, or PM another one of us and we'll look at it from a different angle.
    Now here's some free advice and I admit it's likely worth what you paid for it: Mouse away for a bit. If you feel overwhelmed, unwanted, angry, hurt...please just leave the page for awhile. Better yet, leave the digital device and walk among the real world and not the virtual. Return when you've realized that while we're all real and can be hurt, we're also putting personal interpretations on pixels that aren't able to register the user's intent and are often misinterpreted.
    The RCMC is a terrific spot, and Mice Chat is awesome. All are welcome, but let's be big kids and play nice.
    I'm no good at debating. Marie's post comes to my mind at the moment.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Just when I was starting to feel a bit better about the events of the last few days, someone has to come along, and stir up the waters again.

The RCMC means a lot to me, and I'm not going anywhere. You make your choice. I have made mine, even if it means I am sitting here all by myself.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    Kathleen's in Anaheim for the weekend. She is taking a three-day course for those who are want to teach Emergency Medical Technicians.
    She has to take a course to teach? Has she helped with teaching?

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonedapples View Post
    but on the other hand! i had a great lunch time at DCA! it was BUSY!! it was hot today that's why.. i guess.. anyhow it was fun as usually got back super late to the office. not that my boss was mad or anything.. but still.. yeah
    Sounds nice to stop by. Where was lunch?

Quote Originally Posted by coopercaseycody View Post
    Just keep swimming, just keep swimming...
    Can't read or write that without hearing Dorey. Although right now I hear Roy Orbinson.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Good evening, swampy.

I put a Phineas and Ferb collage in my collage thread in the Disneyland forum, if you are interested in looking.