Page 4 of 134 FirstFirst 1234567142954104 ... LastLast

• Selfie Expert

Re: RCMC #130: Amok is a city in Indonesia (or possibly Malaysia?)

Hmm... Yeah I don't think I'm too interested in that book.

I used to read sooo much, now I hardly ever do. I don't think I've finished the last three books I started... but one was Fifty Shades of Grey, one of the most poorly written book I've ever wasted my time (partially) reading, so I don't count that one since I don't think I missed out by not finishing it.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• What Time Taught Us

not too into either, which is great because it also happens to be the longest book I have to read (nearly 500 pages).

don't blame you for not finishing 50 Shades. lol. I have no idea how that book got so massively, massively popular. just thinking about it makes me depressed about the state of humanity. it's literally TWILIGHT FANFICTION!

I love reading. I pretty much read a book a week -- usually two during school, but this quarter one of my classes is on poetry so we don't have novels to read for it.

last book I read strictly for pleasure was the 5th book in the Song of Ice and Fire series. aka the Game of Thrones series. Love the series dearly, but it was only alright. at least it didn't outright suck, like the fourth book.

current "for pleasure" book I have set aside is Blood Meridian by Cormac McCarthy. I read about 40 pages on the train-ride to school that I otherwise napped through and haven't been able to touch it since. not sure why I even bother bringing books to school, since reading is pretty much the last thing I want to do when I have free time (from reading). lol.
    Last edited by Spy; 03-07-2013 at 02:28 AM.

• Selfie Expert

That's the thing, I pretty much stopped reading because school required so much of it that I just didn't want to do it anymore than I had to.

I've been curious about the Game of Thrones series.

I need to finish the half-read book I have in my nightstand. Maybe I should do more of that and less of MiceChat.

• What Time Taught Us

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    That's the thing, I pretty much stopped reading because school required so much of it that I just didn't want to do it anymore than I had to.

I've been curious about the Game of Thrones series.

I need to finish the half-read book I have in my nightstand. Maybe I should do more of that and less of MiceChat.
    yeah, it helps that a lot of the things I'm assigned to read are books I enjoy anyway. the theoretical essays I need to slog through all the time as well are off-putting.

I highly recommend the Song of Ice and Fire series (Game of Thrones is the title of the show, and the first book. pet peeve.). the first three books are AMAZING. the third especially was spectacular. fourth was kind of terrible, and fifth was meh, but they were transitional books so I'm hoping the table-setting is over and now we can get back into the good stuff in the next book.

show's also great!

what's on your nightstand?

• What Time Taught Us

going back to my reading. 30 pages left (decided to do 15 more than I planned). probably won't check back for 40-60 minutes..... reading this book takes a LONG TIME. lol.

not gonna watch the film tonight. I'll just have to go to lecture tomorrow without having seen it.

• Selfie Expert

A Perfect Blood by Kim Harrison. One of my classmates got me into the series a while ago. Not usually something I would pick up (vampires, witches, etc), but it's really well written and entertaining. A new book actually released in January, so now I'm a book and a half behind.

The other partially-read book in my nightstand is Pride, Prejudice, and Zombies. It's... not so good.

The last book that I read that I really enjoyed was Wicked. Loved the play, too!

I've been considering getting a Kindle, but I so love turning pages and the feel of a book. I'm not sure that I'm willing to give that up.

• What Time Taught Us

okay, and this is a jealousy-inspired mini-rant.

every day for like a week, my roommate has played Call of Duty from the time he gets back from class to like 2 AM, and then he watches Saved by the Bell for a while before falling asleep.

how does he NEVER have work to do?

• What Time Taught Us

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    A Perfect Blood by Kim Harrison. One of my classmates got me into the series a while ago. Not usually something I would pick up (vampires, witches, etc), but it's really well written and entertaining. A new book actually released in January, so now I'm a book and a half behind.

The other partially-read book in my nightstand is Pride, Prejudice, and Zombies. It's... not so good.

The last book that I read that I really enjoyed was Wicked. Loved the play, too!

I've been considering getting a Kindle, but I so love turning pages and the feel of a book. I'm not sure that I'm willing to give that up.
    never heard of A Perfect Blood. not really my thing, but I believe you that it's good. :P I was under the impression that Pride, Prejudice, and Zombies was good, so it's interesting that you don't like it. I really don't know anything about it beyond the title.

my cousin read Wicked, but she's never seen the musical. she's dumbfounded that a musical on such a depressing novel even exists. obviously she's not very well versed in musicals, lol.

yeah I strongly considered buying a Kindle, since I had gotten an Amazon gift card for christmas. they were all too expensive though. I think the romanticism of reading a book can extend to kindles as well -- they're way cool and futuristic imo. lol. I do however find bookshelves and libraries immensely pleasing to look at, so I will continue to buy and read physical books.

• What Time Taught Us

okay, now I'm REALLY returning to my reading. bye for now.

• Selfie Expert

I knew people like that, who never seemed to do homework or study. Always drove me insane when some of them got fantastic grades with little effort.

Like I said, A Perfect Blood isn't something I'd normally consider my type of book, but it does the job. I haven't read consistently in so long, I don't even know what my type of book is anymore.

Maybe I haven't gotten far enough into Pride, Prejudice, and Zombies. I haven't read it in months, but from what I remember I just didn't like any of the characters, and it was just kind of full of itself. I plan to finish it eventually.

Wicked the book is far darkers than the play. However, like you said, there are far more depressing plays than that (Les Mis).

I really just want a Kindle so that when a friend recommends a book, I can just download it. No trip to the store where I'll buy 5 other books, no waiting for a book in the mail. Plus there's the fact that it's so portable. Maybe I'll get one for my birthday or something.

Good luck on your reading!!

• What Time Taught Us

I was way off on my 3 AM prediction earlier.... and to think I had thrown the 2 hour film into that as well. lol. nope. sigh.

going to bed. have to get up at 8.... goodnight, kelly!

• Selfie Expert

Good night, Kevin!! That was a very ambitious task list. You'll catch up eventually!

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Holy.... freaking... cow.... I go to bed and you people not only more than finish the other thread, but get 4 pages into a new one??? You people are crazy!

And speaking of crazy....

Great job on the new thread Crazy (Joseph)!! I took the liberty of adding the list back in.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

The Blackhawks won again, and I still refuse to watch a game.

• Selfie Expert

Yay I'm glad the list is back!