Page 40 of 134 FirstFirst ... 153037383940414243506590 ... LastLast

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Re: RCMC #130: Amok is a city in Indonesia (or possibly Malaysia?)

Quote Originally Posted by humphreybear62 View Post
    That kind of sums up the central coast. I lived up there many moons ago and I miss it.

Good morning everyone.
    Morning Humphrey!

• Elven Queen of Caffeine

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    I have heard Hearst Castle is a wonderful place. Take photos and bring back a Trip Report!
    Mom loved Hearst Castle when we went back in 2010. Different tour that time. It is gorgeous, but the critic in me always remembers that William Randolph Hearst built the darn thing in the middle of the Great Depression. It is SO lavish, and that money could have been spent so much more wisely. It almost ruins it for me.

But yes, I'll try to remember to take pics. I'll even try to make mom bring her real camera, so we can get some good ones (I take crap photos).

I wouldn't know where to post the TR...maybe on my blog...thanks, BTW, for encouraging me in that direction. I find it interesting the people who want to see it, and those who don't. I'm not offended by people who don't want to see it - god knows it isn't that interesting, it's mostly...some people I was sure would be interested aren't, while others whom I didn't think would care...do.
    Signature courtesy of Poisonedapples

Morning Humphrey! Yeah, this place wasn't my first choice, but at the time I made the reservations it was all I could afford. I'm elitist about hotels, so I was a little disappointed that I couldn't do better, but it may surprise me. The rooms are just a little...dark...for a beach resort. Just my opinion. Apparently there is a lot of marble in the lobby though.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    Here's to hoping for a better day for everyone, because things can always get better.

Good morning!
    yo!

Quote Originally Posted by LadyNimrodelle View Post
    I've never seen the Atlantic, myself. But I'd like to spend some time there, having never actually been to Florida or...well, any place on the East Coast except for NYC.

Pismo Beach...I've never been, so....but its near SLO and we're taking the evening tour at Hearst Castle. We're staying at a Resort up there - sounds fancy, but judging from the pictures, I'd say if nothing else the decor is a little dated. So anyway, mom has a spa package booked and the daily resort fee includes fun stuff like beach cruisers and beach towels and whatnot. It should be lovely.

ohh i love SLO! and hearst castle i been there, nice!!

and my parents are in santa Barbara right now at the orchid show.. they took the motorhome so they could bring home a zillion orchids.. but it's fine my mom has green house and she needs to fill it!

and i love retro and old buildings! i love that indoor pool at the hearst castle, i would give anything to swim in that thing! my cousin is a nanny and she was a nanny for the i think it's the grandkis that have kids now and she was the nanny for them, yeah pretty cool. she said they are a nice family, obviously she got paid bank!

• Pooloo See Bagoomba

Mom loved Hearst Castle when we went back in 2010. Different tour that time.
    Which tour are you taking this time? I haven't been in quite a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonedapples View Post
    ohh i love SLO! and hearst castle i been there, nice!!

and my parents are in santa Barbara right now at the orchid show.. they took the motorhome so they could bring home a zillion orchids.. but it's fine my mom has green house and she needs to fill it!

and i love retro and old buildings! i love that indoor pool at the hearst castle, i would give anything to swim in that thing! my cousin is a nanny and she was a nanny for the i think it's the grandkis that have kids now and she was the nanny for them, yeah pretty cool. she said they are a nice family, obviously she got paid bank!
    Mom loves orchids - she'd be so jealous...and YES, I'd love to swim in that indoor pool...so awesome.

Which tour are you taking this time? I haven't been in quite a while.
    The evening tour. I really need to get my booty to the gym or my knees will give out on all those stairs. We took the general overview tour last time, but I think it will be really cool to see Hearst Castle all lit up at night...

I wouldn't know where to post the TR...maybe on my blog...thanks, BTW, for encouraging me in that direction. I find it interesting the people who want to see it, and those who don't. I'm not offended by people who don't want to see it - god knows it isn't that interesting, it's mostly...some people I was sure would be interested aren't, while others whom I didn't think would care...do.
    You can post one here in MC in the Other Theme Parks and Destinations that is where I put my Pirate Dinner show Trip Report.

And you are SO very welcome! I'm glad to have helped you out! I've skimmed through that site alot and there are just thousands upon thousands of people who put their little life in there and its an interesting read sometimes. Who knows, your experiences may be helping someone else out going through the same thing or vice versa!

I'm glad you like it! I know mine is VERY theraputic....and keeps me out of trouble here :P

• Sock Puppet

oh my they have a wine cellar, this i did not know i was looking at the website for the hearst, i will have to ask my cousin if she ever got a tour of the whole place LOL

OK. Time for me to head out for a bit. I gotta go keep mom company while she sorts through grandma's storage units. See y'all later.

OK. Time for me to head out for a bit. I gotta go keep mom company while she sorts through grandma's storage units. See y'all later.
    Laterz!

• Sock Puppet

• Pooloo See Bagoomba

The evening tour.
    Didn't know there was an evening tour but that is a great choice. So, yes, TR please.

Have fun at the gym. I just got back from working out and may need a nap this afternoon.

• Sock Puppet

Mom loves orchids - she'd be so jealous...and YES, I'd love to swim in that indoor pool...so awesome.

The evening tour. I really need to get my booty to the gym or my knees will give out on all those stairs. We took the general overview tour last time, but I think it will be really cool to see Hearst Castle all lit up at night...

says there is like 176 steps.. i hope that isn't for you on ur tour! i hope that is another tour. .and house A was casa del mar the 2nd house they lived in while the castle itself was being completed, and house a and b are on property. they were then used as guest houses.. interesting fun facts!
    Last edited by Poisonedapples; 03-09-2013 at 11:44 AM.

Didn't know there was an evening tour but that is a great choice. So, yes, TR please.

Have fun at the gym. I just got back from working out and may need a nap this afternoon.
    You people and working out. I'm lucky if I get my Just dance in.......I used to work out alot. I'm just so tired and spread to thin lately.
    Last edited by clara; 03-09-2013 at 11:49 AM.

• Sock Puppet

.actually i take that back i rather swim in the outside pool, the indoor pool has no lights in the pool and its dark and creepy looking.. LOL