Page 85 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3560758283848586878895110 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 2005

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Re: RCMC #130: Amok is a city in Indonesia (or possibly Malaysia?)

Morning Everyone

I missed Drama?

Quote Originally Posted by coopercaseycody View Post
    For the past couple of threads, when things start to get nasty, I have been seeing comments like: "We're all entitled to our opinions." But the undertones of these posts are, in my opinion, "if you don't agree with me, tough. Me and my "clique" will band together and bash on you some.

Here's the thing: We are all entitled to voice our opinions. But making passive-aggressive remarks when you don't agree with someone else's views and opinions is out of line.

There is a definite difference between being snarky, sarcastic, tongue-in-cheek, and being rude. Most of us can be snarky and sarcastic with each other because we can tell when that is the intention. But to be mean and then hide behind, "oh I was being sarcastic, some people just don't get it," is again, out of line.
    Oh thats the internet for you these days, people dont know how to have debates or conversations anymore, everyones so convinced of their sides 'rightness' that they automatically dismiss everything else and just react with subtle our outright hostility to those who dont share their 'hivemind'

Its sad

On another note Blizzard needs to stop making fun games, my soul can not be consumed anymore than it is already by them
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

When I read posts like this from Kim, and just recently from Lady N, it makes me weep inside. I have been a part of the RCMC for a very long time. I feel exactly the way that she does about both the RCMC, and MiceChat as well. I have been no angel all these years, and I have tried to behave myself most of the time. However, I do think that each and every one of us needs to look inside of ourselves, and ask why are we here.

The mission statement posted in the first post of this thread says it all. If you can't truly abide by that, then please post elsewhere.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

• Sock Puppet

I am sorry if i have ever annoyed or bugged anyone. i think i will be taking a leave of absence from the RCMC like just amanda and brandon have done. i don't know about them, but i do not feel welcome anymore.

anyhow it's been fun.. . CCC ur awesome.. swampy see on the boards ..CGN thanks for answering my questions... Barb good luck on your scrapbooking...and kelila enjoy your signature, glad i was able to make one for you.f! ur funny i will miss that...

Last edited by Poisonedapples; 03-13-2013 at 08:49 AM.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    Its sad

On another note Blizzard needs to stop making fun games, my soul can not be consumed anymore than it is already by them
    Heya Wren! Good to see you!

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    When I read posts like this from Kim, and just recently from Lady N, it makes me weep inside. I have been a part of the RCMC for a very long time. I feel exactly the way that she does about both the RCMC, and MiceChat as well. I have been no angel all these years, and I have tried to behave myself most of the time. However, I do think that each and every one of us needs to look inside of ourselves, and ask why are we here.

The mission statement posted in the first post of this thread says it all. If you can't truly abide by that, then please post elsewhere.

i can but so i am leaving.. you just basically told those to go ..so i can't speak for others. but for a while i will leave...

anyhow bye all.

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    Heya Wren! Good to see you!
    Morning Clara

Starcraft x.x
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

As much as we have always welcomed everyone into this thread, for some reason it just doesn't work for everyone.

I only speak for myself, of course, but if this kind of hostility existed in my family at home, I would take the exact same action.
    Pop Century Resort

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

As much as we have always welcomed everyone into this thread, for some reason it just doesn't work for everyone.

I only speak for myself, of course, but if this kind of hostility existed in my family at home, I would take the exact same action.
    I would commence with the beatings, until morale improves.
    -Dr. Strange

• Triple Goddess

I am going to try and word this very carefully because I want my meaning clear.
    My post was only meant to serve as what I have observed with the past few threads. I know that a lot of times, things are taken out of context and things that were meant as sarcasm or jokes are misconstrued. However, sometimes, things are posted that are meant to be mean, and just because someone says, hey, I was joking, doesn't take the sting away.
    In regards to things that are posted that are meant as a joke: sometimes some people don't understand sarcasm and tongue-in-cheek dialogue. Like my son. So, in that regard, continuing to post in that manner to someone who does not get the joke is mean. Does that make sense? The person who continues to post in that manner is in the wrong. Posting that hey, some people just don't get it, is insensitive. Because, yes, some people just don't get it.
    The whole point of the RCMC is inclusion and belonging. I am saddened that so many members are feeling left out. It all comes down to kindness and respect.

I am not one of the original members. I came in later. But I was welcommed with open arms. And I have seen all who have come since me also welcommed with open arms. This truly is a special place. I believe that everyone who wishes to come and join in are welcome. And it will continue that way.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Normally, I am a soft spoken person, and I avoid conflict. Then someone/something happens that really irks me and I snap.

You have witnessed that again today.
    Pop Century Resort

Morning Clara

Starcraft x.x

Ahh...at one point I was SOOO tempted to start up that game...but I really just don't have time. As of now, about a month of my WoW subscription is going to waste because I can't find time to sit down and play!

I concur....

• Triple Goddess

I think that when something is worthwhile, it is worth protecting and standing up for.

I would commence with the beatings, until morale improves.
    That is what Pengy is for...but I think she tires of it sometimes. Poor Pengy. How much I admire her patience and tranquility.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

There's a reason why we have existed this long.
    Pop Century Resort