Page 90 of 134 FirstFirst ... 40658087888990919293100115 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 2005

• Never give in.

Re: RCMC #130: Amok is a city in Indonesia (or possibly Malaysia?)

I'm full, but I have Girl Scout cookies. So...
    ♥ "Don't care about all the pain in front of me
    'Cause I'm just trying to be happy." ♥

• Elven Queen of Caffeine

Um...wow...I see I missed the ish hitting the fan last night.

It makes my soul cry to see stuff like that happen in the RCMC...but ya know, if you read back and weren't involved in the drama...it all seems so minor. I loved many comments that I read (particularly Joseph's and Jody's) And I'm sad to see Sara and Kelly leave, and know we'll probably never see Amanda round these parts again. Amanda was one of the people who first welcomed me into the RCMC.

I know some inappropriate comments were made. What makes me sad is that we couldn't work through our differences, but had to divide the group and banish the people whose posts irked us. It just feels like Junior High School all over again. And I was the one on the wrong side of the fence in Junior High, so I know what it feels like.

I think it's easy to forget that we ALL have our insecurities, and we all have different ways of coping with them. Some people become sarcastic, others become narcissistic, others just cry by themselves. The key to interacting with the greater world is to realize that we have NO idea what is going on in the lives of anyone else - we are all struggling with different demons.

I'll stick around, because this is home. But I feel...disappointed...that it all had to end up this way.

Anyway, let me clarify here that I'm not upset with anyone, and this post is not meant for anyone in particular. I am just very sad, and this is how I express myself.
    Signature courtesy of Poisonedapples

• Triple Goddess

Quote Originally Posted by PiG_GuRl View Post
    I'm full, but I have Girl Scout cookies. So...
    I have a whole pantry full of Girl Scout Cookies. I need to learn to say no. I don't even like Girl Scout Cookies.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

I'm pretty sure that I'm going to have more to say when I take the time to actually think... but right now I have life to take care of and this is just off the top of my head..... this was also posted on FB but I wanted it here too.

And this is why I am pretty much at the end of my rope and have never been so close to totally shutting down the RCMC permantely forever..... we've had our issues in the past but we have never drawn lines in the sand and divided into seperate fractions against each other. All the years that the RCMC has been in existence I have had an open door policy. I resisted taking it gold because I wanted it to be a place that was open to anyone who wanted to come in. All of us were new at one time or another... there have been times that people have come in that haven't really fit or that someone doesn't like and we've always before been able to just ignore those people. Now I see an all out war between the "newcomers" (of which we were all on at one time) and the old guard... and I am totally and completly disgusted, pissed off and fed up with the fact that we have taken to battling with each other both outright and passive/agressively. And I'm disqusted that I too, have been a part of this and now we have hurt feeling on both sides and that we have for the first time in the history of the RCMC.... actually chased people out.... there have been mistakes made by people on both sides of the fence, and I'm not to proud to confess that I made some mistakes too with things that I've said along the way.

I'm done. I'm so totally angry right now I can't even think straight about all of this. I'm really, really disappointed and upset in a lot of people right now, on both sides.... I tried to be "Sister Mary Switzerland" and try to be fair to all sides... even asking people to stop the passive aggressive remarks and asking people to just ignore each other which apparently feel on deaf ears.

Seriously.... we all have things going on in our lives and we all need an escape from that reality. This was before a place where we could leave the stress behind, have some fluffy fun and get support from each other.... and now on top of having to deal with real life that we all are the RCMC has become a battle ground.

I just don't know what else to say right now.....

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

Kids, this is why we can't have nice things.
    Now...here's the basic rule for ANY website, blog, forum, social site: Leave if you want, stay if you want. But do it because YOU wish to. Unless you've been hit by the banning stick, you are free to come and go as you desire. You're free to post what you want (within the rules) but bear in mind that there are consequences for anything, even if it was simply a poorly worded or overly emotional 'mistake'. If you feel harmed, PM that person and ask why. If you feel harassed, again PM the person behind it, or PM another one of us and we'll look at it from a different angle.
    Now here's some free advice and I admit it's likely worth what you paid for it: Mouse away for a bit. If you feel overwhelmed, unwanted, angry, hurt...please just leave the page for awhile. Better yet, leave the digital device and walk among the real world and not the virtual. Return when you've realized that while we're all real and can be hurt, we're also putting personal interpretations on pixels that aren't able to register the user's intent and are often misinterpreted.
    The RCMC is a terrific spot, and Mice Chat is awesome. All are welcome, but let's be big kids and play nice.

• Triple Goddess

Quote Originally Posted by SnorkletsMom View Post
    Kids, this is why we can't have nice things.
    Now...here's the basic rule for ANY website, blog, forum, social site: Leave if you want, stay if you want. But do it because YOU wish to. Unless you've been hit by the banning stick, you are free to come and go as you desire. You're free to post what you want (within the rules) but bear in mind that there are consequences for anything, even if it was simply a poorly worded or overly emotional 'mistake'. If you feel harmed, PM that person and ask why. If you feel harassed, again PM the person behind it, or PM another one of us and we'll look at it from a different angle.
    Now here's some free advice and I admit it's likely worth what you paid for it: Mouse away for a bit. If you feel overwhelmed, unwanted, angry, hurt...please just leave the page for awhile. Better yet, leave the digital device and walk among the real world and not the virtual. Return when you've realized that while we're all real and can be hurt, we're also putting personal interpretations on pixels that aren't able to register the user's intent and are often misinterpreted.
    The RCMC is a terrific spot, and Mice Chat is awesome. All are welcome, but let's be big kids and play nice.
    Truer words were never spoken on the cap of a wise beverage container.

Now put back the seat cushions and place the batteries back in the remote. The correct way.

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

No! I won't! Well, I might. But don't be surprised if the ends are taped over.

• Never give in.

And I sat there for over 15 minutes trying to change the channel...thanks a lot, Marie.
    ♥ "Don't care about all the pain in front of me
    'Cause I'm just trying to be happy." ♥

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by coopercaseycody View Post
    Truer words were never spoken on the cap of a wise beverage container.

Now put back the seat cushions and place the batteries back in the remote. The correct way.
    Why were the batteries out of the remote in the first place...

and your bottle cap still gets and A++

No! I won't! Well, I might. But don't be surprised if the ends are taped over.
    to funny!

Quote Originally Posted by PiG_GuRl View Post
    And I sat there for over 15 minutes trying to change the channel...thanks a lot, Marie.
    Did you do the smack the remote with your hand in hopes to wake up the battries that weren't inside?

I do that in real life

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Still lost, but I guess ignorance is bliss?

Though if the remote isnt in the cushions, then you dont get to change the channel with your butt
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

Only Ashley would keep punching buttons for 15 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    Still lost, but I guess ignorance is bliss?

Though if the remote isnt in the cushions, then you dont get to change the channel with your butt
    LOL I was going to make a comment about chaning the channel with one's butt. My kid does it ALL the time!

• Triple Goddess

Only Ashley would keep punching buttons for 15 minutes.
    What is the definition of insanity? Oh yeah, doing something over and over again and expecting different results. That would be me, everyday.