Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Sock Puppet

Re: The Recipe Thread.

i don't like porkchops or beef.. i only do chicken or fish.. garlic is good for you barb, olive oil is good for your skin! lol..that reminds me i need to add the strawberry pizza to my food blog!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Actually watching the cooking shows sometimes gives me good ideas. I improvise a lot, and since sometimes I am only cooking for myself, no harm no foul.

I do make certain things that my husband will eat forever.

My chili.
    My stuffed peppers.
    My spinach lasagna.
    My navy bean soup.
    My stuffed crescent rolls.
    My fried potatoes.
    My mostaciolli.
    My meatloaf.
    My meatballs.

You notice a pattern here, of course. The man will also eat fresh salad, and I can throw pretty much any thing in there. Here' the rub.

I don't care for salad. I like my vegetables cooked.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

My husband tells me the same thing about garlic being good for me.

Migraines. We are talking migraines are what I get when I get anywhere near the smell or taste of it.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Time for my lunch. I actually have some great soup that I made the other day from scratch. I have figured out how to make a lot of good things for just one or two people.

• Sock Puppet

i can still do the recipes i find for 3 peopole i just cut the ingrediants in half

• Sock Puppet

hmm ia m thinking of doing a blog entry in my food blog on springtime treats, i saw a photo the other day of rainbow colored frosting on a cupcake, and it hit me that with easter here, i might need to do a spring time treat entry... and i got my camera with me, i could go at lunch to Disneyland and snap a few of the cupcakes.,,.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

My husband grew up on Mexican food, so he likes things spicy. I, on the other hand do not. We go to this restaurant near our house that does some mexican dishes, but they have toned the spices way down. They will offer you, salsa, and sauce on the side, to spice up your food.

I do make enchiladas, but it is more like a casserole that I layer like lasagna. The layers are tortillias, meat, and cheese, and sometimes mushrooms. I really like mushrooms.

• Sock Puppet

sometime today, i will round up all the links for the food blogs i like and use often and the websites that have the best collection of recipes..

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    My husband grew up on Mexican food, so he likes things spicy. I, on the other hand do not. We go to this restaurant near our house that does some mexican dishes, but they have toned the spices way down. They will offer you, salsa, and sauce on the side, to spice up your food.

I do make enchiladas, but it is more like a casserole that I layer like lasagna. The layers are tortillias, meat, and cheese, and sometimes mushrooms. I really like mushrooms.
    my dad and I can take the spice. my mom can't. So when i made my spicey green bean dish, i had to make sure that she could eat it also..LOL

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

My husband's step father made the absolute best refried beans, and always was making tortillias from scratch.

• Sock Puppet

i am dying to do rainbow cupcakes.. so this weekend it's a toss up either rainbow cupcakes or cake pops..at least i can make my own frosting from scratch

• Sock Puppet

its really easy to the rainbow frosting... you add the colors to the frosting bag 1st, then add the frosting to bag, then squeeze and frost away. or mix the colors with frosting in back 1st then frost.. its that easy

Colorful swirled cupcakes

and this a neat idea fora little girls party with a cake, a tutu as the cake stand..

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I only gave parties for little boys. So frilly is pretty, but unless I someday have a granddaughter....

• Sock Puppet

I don't know how it is being a parent, but i can imagine trying to put together ingredients to make a fabulous dinner for your brood must be hard.. SO.. Luckly i found this awesome site that has a collection of 4 to 7 ingrediant recipes, very simple,easy recipes.

4 to 7 Ingredient Dinner Recipes

My favorite recipe site is closing down soon, but i am still able to pull the links of the few food blogs that i love and i use...

Here they are

Simply Recipes Food and Cooking Blog

Serious Eats: A Food Blog and Community

The Kitchn | Inspiring cooks, nourishing homes

CHOW - Recipes, cooking tips, resources, and stories for people who love food

Two Peas & Their Pod

Bon Appetit Magazine

Epicurious.com: Recipes, Menus, Cooking Articles & Food Guides

Closet Cooking

...and last but not least, my favorite, favorite one--this lady makes me laugh, she is a hoot and half and she has even more then just recipes

The Pioneer Woman Cooks | Ree Drummond

• Sock Puppet

Hot Hawaiian Burgers (Spam, Pineapple, Swiss, and Sriracha Mayo)

Ingredients
    serves serves 4, active time 30 minutes, total time 45 mintues
    24 ounces freshly ground beef chuck
    Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
    4 tablespoons mayonnaise
    1 tablespoon sriracha-style hot sauce
    4 slices Spam
    4 slices fresh pineapple, about the same size as a Spam slice
    8 slices Swiss cheese
    4 English muffins, split

Procedures

Divide meat into four even piles and shape into burger patties about 1/2-inch wider than English muffins. Season generously with salt and pepper and set aside.

Combine mayo and sriracha in a small bowl. Set aside.

Light one chimney full of charcoal. When all the charcoal is lit and covered with gray ash, pour out and spread the coals evenly over half of coal grate. Alternatively, set half the burners of a gas grill to high heat. Set cooking grate in place, cover gill and allow to preheat for 5 minutes. Clean and oil the grilling grate.

Place burgers directly over hot side of grill and cook, turning occasionally, until well charred and internal temperature registers 125 to 130F on an instant read thermometer for medium-rare, about 5 minutes total, or 135F to 140F for medium, about 6 minutes total. Top each burger patty with 1 slice cheese, then transfer to a large plate and tent with aluminum foil.

Place spam and pineapple slices on hot side of grill and cook, turning occasionally, until heated through and well charred. Place 1 slice cheese on top of each Spam patty. Transfer Spam and pineapple to cool side of grill.

Toast English muffins on grill. Place bottom buns on a cutting board. Top with a slice of pineapple. Add burger patty. Top with SPAM. Top with sriracha mayo, then close burger. Serve immediately.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast