Page 80 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3055707778798081828390105130 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 2033

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: RCMC # 131: We Like To Move It Move It... Move It With Us!

I turn the channel and watch what's on. Don't really pay attention to what's on when.

Never saw Hell's Kitchen. I think that's the one that Kathy likes.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Quote Originally Posted by Spy View Post
    btw, love the show, love the books more. really excited for the third season, as Storm of Swords is -- I feel -- unquestionably the best book in the series. :P
    All books have stuff I really enjoyed, but yes, Storm of Swords is a fine book indeed. I really look forward to the Beric Dondarrion material on the show, and more of Jaime/Brienne's roadtrip. And the Hound. And...well, all of it heh.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post

Never saw Hell's Kitchen. I think that's the one that Kathy likes.
    Lots of Gordon Ramsay yelling, and chefs that can't cook scallops or risotto.

It's RAW! It's BURNED!
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Grim Grinning

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    I love Psycho, but it is kind of a slow-build/burn of a film, might be seen as 'boring' in modern terms at times. Also, sadly, the big third-act surprise ruined for all modern audiences basically - I won't say more, just in case, but must have been amazing to see it at the time when didn't know what was coming at the end.
    I know the whole story, and I think at one point I saw it up til she gets to the motel, but that was ages ago. Just one of those things I still need to see. Never saw the original Texas Chainsaw either, but I decided I didn't want to when someone told me about the dinner scene. Sounded like more than I wanted to see. Kind of in a classic horror movie mood. Back when it wasn't all gore and nudity, but actual good scares.

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    Thanks for that, Abbs. I am going to be taking a shower soon.
    You're welcome! *REE REE REE REE!!!!

• Sock Puppet

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Good numbers, huzzah!

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Hush, Hush Sweet Charlotte and Whatever Happened to Baby Jane. Bette Davis. Two of my favorite horror flicks.

The Alfred Hitchcock presents tv shows are good too.

I bid you a quick good night.

I need to take a shower.

But with this Psycho talk...
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

They really do a nice job with those, yes.

And I believe so, but I've been to maybe 2-3 meets at most - being in the Bay Area, don't get to the park as often as some. I was there for a Bat's Day that happened to be a Sunday, and a Gay Days another year.
    Hopefully you'll be able to make it to an anniversary meet one of these days!

I like scary movies. When I was a teenager I use to watch them alone in the dark. But I only like the suspenseful ones. Don't really like the blood, and gut and gore ones. I think the only movie that really got to me when I watched it alone was Phantasm. The first one.... the others were not that good.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• What Time Taught Us

All books have stuff I really enjoyed, but yes, Storm of Swords is a fine book indeed. I really look forward to the Beric Dondarrion material on the show, and more of Jaime/Brienne's roadtrip. And the Hound. And...well, all of it heh.
    yes! I'm excited to watch it with my friends who haven't read the books, because they will flip out at all the crazy twists. Dondarrion is such a cool character, I'm glad he's going to be in this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    Lots of Gordon Ramsay yelling, and chefs that can't cook scallops or risotto.

It's RAW! It's BURNED!
    haha this is extremely accurate. why anyone would go on the show without absolutely PERFECTING the art of risotto and scallops beforehand is beyond me. he yells at people about it like every episode! lol.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    Hopefully you'll be able to make it to an anniversary meet one of these days!

I like scary movies. When I was a teenager I use to watch them alone in the dark. But I only like the suspenseful ones. Don't really like the blood, and gut and gore ones. I think the only movie that really got to me when I watched it alone was Phantasm. The first one.... the others were not that good.
    The psychological thrillers, like Hitchcock's, are best.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

A good suspenseful movie is hard to beat in the horror genre, but I must admit to also having a certain fondness for monsters and gore and outlandish stuff. But a well-made ghost movie, subtle, creepy, is always welcome

The Innkeepers is a good one, slow moving, lots of character and charm. Mama is a interesting movie, some flaws, but I like del Toro (who produced it) and his fairy tale-ish aspects and examination of damaged families plus the supernatural are there in full force.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    I'm back. I was going to just sit back and wait and let a few pages go by but... I get behind to easy as it is!

Me too.

We have deviled eggs at every holiday. And I frequently make egg salad since a friend of ours has chickens and give us eggs quite often.

And I had some cheese and crackers while fixing my lunch so feel free to talk food.... I'm full now.
    dont even get me started on food talking...LOL im still wheeling that my own little know nothing food blog has soo many reads in such a short amount of time

• What Time Taught Us

incidentally, I think the shower scene is the least scary part of Psycho. it's a cool sequence and everything, but yeah I can't say I feel very unsettled by it. I thought the build-up where marion was being pursued by the cop was the part where I felt the greatest sense of dread.

although the very end was also creepy indeed!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Yes, the cop scene is very effective, but nothing comes close to the basement scene at the end. Good stuff, that.

• Grim Grinning

Quote Originally Posted by Spy View Post
    haha this is extremely accurate. why anyone would go on the show without absolutely PERFECTING the art of risotto and scallops beforehand is beyond me. he yells at people about it like every episode! lol.
    RIGHT!?!? And he yells about it at least 6 times per episode anymore. Part of me wonders if it's actually just fine, but he's being nit picky or if it's actually wrong. Sometimes you can tell by looking at it that it's wrong, but sometimes the scallops look perfectly fine and he flips.