Page 81 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3156717879808182838491106131 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 2033

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Re: RCMC # 131: We Like To Move It Move It... Move It With Us!

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    A good suspenseful movie is hard to beat in the horror genre, but I must admit to also having a certain fondness for monsters and gore and outlandish stuff. But a well-made ghost movie, subtle, creepy, is always welcome

The Innkeepers is a good one, slow moving, lots of character and charm. Mama is a interesting movie, some flaws, but I like del Toro (who produced it) and his fairy tale-ish aspects and examination of damaged families plus the supernatural are there in full force.
    Back when we had driveins in subuirban SoCal when I was a kld, they had those Oscar contenders (not) like...the Crawling hand...the Blob...the Gopher that ate Minnesota...you know, stuff like that.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by amanda.collishaw View Post
    RIGHT!?!? And he yells about it at least 6 times per episode anymore. Part of me wonders if it's actually just fine, but he's being nit picky or if it's actually wrong. Sometimes you can tell by looking at it that it's wrong, but sometimes the scallops look perfectly fine and he flips.
    Would you try out for that show and the 250 grand? And the exec chef job at his next Vegas restaurant?
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    The psychological thrillers, like Hitchcock's, are best.
    Yes! The ones that have you sitting on the edge of your seat wondering whats going to happen next!

Well darn... this has been great fun tonight and I feel like I'm leaving in the middle of the party but... the alarm waits for no one and since I have a 12+hour day tomorrow and no idea if its going to be a good 12 hours or a hell 12 hours... I must take my leave...

Nanners all!!! See you guys sometime after 9 PM tomorrow if there is anything left of me by then!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Grim Grinning

A good suspenseful movie is hard to beat in the horror genre, but I must admit to also having a certain fondness for monsters and gore and outlandish stuff. But a well-made ghost movie, subtle, creepy, is always welcome

The Innkeepers is a good one, slow moving, lots of character and charm. Mama is a interesting movie, some flaws, but I like del Toro (who produced it) and his fairy tale-ish aspects and examination of damaged families plus the supernatural are there in full force.
    I don't know how I feel about Mama. Scared the holy hell out of me, but the ending didn't feel right to me. It did, but it didn't, know what I mean? It scared people so bad in the showing I went to that
    Spoiler
    when the uncle sees her in the wall and you really see her for the first time,
    a group of people got up and literally ran out.

Quote Originally Posted by Spy View Post
    incidentally, I think the shower scene is the least scary part of Psycho. it's a cool sequence and everything, but yeah I can't say I feel very unsettled by it. I thought the build-up where marion was being pursued by the cop was the part where I felt the greatest sense of dread.

although the very end was also creepy indeed!
    Yes, the cop scene is very effective, but nothing comes close to the basement scene at the end. Good stuff, that.
    This is just making me want to go hunt the movie down right now lol.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

And the high Penguin Priestess goes wherever high Penguin Priestesses go for shelter, warmth and a night's comfort. Nanners, Mama Jody.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

All this talk of scary films and such, and the fact I always miss fall/October and Halloween, here's a photo from last year of the yard haunt/Halloween display I assist with/oversee at parent's home each year (been doing it for maybe 5 or 6):

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    Yes! The ones that have you sitting on the edge of your seat wondering whats going to happen next!

Well darn... this has been great fun tonight and I feel like I'm leaving in the middle of the party but... the alarm waits for no one and since I have a 12+hour day tomorrow and no idea if its going to be a good 12 hours or a hell 12 hours... I must take my leave...

Nanners all!!! See you guys sometime after 9 PM tomorrow if there is anything left of me by then!
    Good evening and rest well!

• Grim Grinning

Would you try out for that show and the 250 grand? And the exec chef job at his next Vegas restaurant?
    Me? No, unless he opens a strictly dessert place or something. Even then, I'm the kind of person that can't handle being yelled at. Any kind of heightened emotion is hard wired to my tear ducts. I cry when I get yelled at even if I don't want to.

• Sock Puppet

Good numbers, huzzah!
    i
    I KNOW RIGHT!!>eeek!!!!

oh we need to celebrate!!! let's celebrate!

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Good night, Sara. Congrats on your numbers.

Nanners again all.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Back when we had driveins in subuirban SoCal when I was a kld, they had those Oscar contenders (not) like...the Crawling hand...the Blob...the Gopher that ate Minnesota...you know, stuff like that.
    I know such very well - the 80's remake of the Blob is a favorite of mine, just for being so over-the-top gross.

I don't know how I feel about Mama. Scared the holy hell out of me, but the ending didn't feel right to me. It did, but it didn't, know what I mean? It scared people so bad in the showing I went to that a group of people got up and literally ran out.
    The ending worked for me, I think, as was keeping with the dark fairy tale aspects of it - I could see it as being disappointing yes, in some ways, though.

And it's been a long time since gone to a horror movie that actually scared/disturbed people enough that they got up and ran out - maybe Evil Dead will do it (very much looking forward to that one.)

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Goodnight, Barry!

• Grim Grinning

The ending worked for me, I think, as was keeping with the dark fairy tale aspects of it - I could see it as being disappointing yes, in some ways, though.

And it's been a long time since gone to a horror movie that actually scared/disturbed people enough that they got up and ran out - maybe Evil Dead will do it (very much looking forward to that one.)
    The ending worked I guess, and I could see it coming given the age difference and mind set. I'll definitely be buying it when it comes out. Evil Dead however, I think I'm gonna pass on though. The commercial alone scares me so much. And it's just one particular part & I'm sure you know which part I'm talking about. I'm becoming something of a wimp in my old age lol. Insidious still gets me every now and again when I watch it. Excited for the second one in September.

• Grim Grinning

Night Barry!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Evil Dead however, I think I'm gonna pass on though. The commercial alone scares me so much. And it's just one particular part & I'm sure you know which part I'm talking about. I'm becoming something of a wimp in my old age lol. Insidious still gets me every now and again when I watch it. Excited for the second one in September.
    I can probably guess, heh, though the whole thing has moments of sheer nastiness. Not for everyone, certainly