Page 46 of 134 FirstFirst ... 213643444546474849567196 ... LastLast

• Golden State of Mind

Re: RCMC # 132 : We're Zany To The Max! So Just Sit Back And Relax !

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    I have been to Disney World many times before. It's just that my last trip was 4 years ago. So, I have forgotten just how humid it can be. Temperatures are supposed to be in the 80's which isn't too bad. Sean, Kathy, and I always used to joke how it always rained each afternoon, like clockwork.

About partway through that bottle of Vitamin water, I'll probably start watering it down. My own version of flavored water.
    That "regular" daily rain at WDW is part of the fun!
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    That "regular" daily rain at WDW is part of the fun!
    Yes, there was one of our vacations where we could set our watches to the time of the afternoon shower.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Tonite, I packed a lot of the smaller stuff that one carrys on vacation. Now, until the time I leave, I can add in the rest, as I think of what I may have forgotten or will really need on my trip. I bought a really cool messenger bag, and it is perfect for the plane trip. The more I travel, the more I have this down to a science, and I figure out what works, and what doesn't.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by micromind View Post
    Ok, it's getting late; nanners everyone!
    night Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    Tonite, I packed a lot of the smaller stuff that one carrys on vacation. Now, until the time I leave, I can add in the rest, as I think of what I may have forgotten or will really need on my trip. I bought a really cool messenger bag, and it is perfect for the plane trip. The more I travel, the more I have this down to a science, and I figure out what works, and what doesn't.
    If you are already using a thin messenger bag I think you are greatly successful about carry on selection.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Under that tree again!

I need to cash in my chips too, it's late. Nanners.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I have stayed up way too late myself.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Back to back posts, at night and in the morning. Not sure I've done that before.

Three days before my trip, and I am getting a wee bit nervous. I know what it's like traveling with Kathy and Sean. I've done that successfully many times before. Traveling alone. That's getting easier each and every time I do it. However, this time I'm traveling with someone new. She's coincidentally named Annette, and she's really excited about visiting the Magic Kingdom especially, and seeing the Harry Potter stuff at Universal. Will we get along? Will we cramp each other's style? Will I drive her crazy as I snap numerous photos of almost everything I see? Will I come home with a new traveling companion, or be sorry that we ever paired up? I guess time will tell.

Happy Tuesday. Now I need to get my laundry started.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Morning all!

Well, if nothing else Barbara, traveling with someone new will be a great adventure! I don't think I've ever done a really long distance trip with anyone I didn't know. Always usually its been my daughter that I traveled with. Last spring I took her best friend Julie to Nor Cal with me for daughters graduation, but I've known Julie since she was in 4th grade and she had gone places with us before. But as I've gotten older I've become even more of a loner and set in my ways and particular about things. Not sure if I'd be brave enough to spend that much time with someone new.

And earlier Swampy said something about the extra time at the hospital being worth the drive over.... I'm only 15 minutes away, so its not bad. Now if it was an hour commute like some people do for work...no way.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I know Annette from the restaurant that we go to all the time. She is a waitress there. Probably the best one they have. Or a close 2nd to the one we usually have named Judy. Anyhow, I talk about my Disney trips all the time, and Annette mentioned how her last trip to Magic Kingdom was such a disaster. 3 of her kids are handicapped, and when she took them to Magic Kingdom, the stimulation was too much for them. So she is leaving the kids home with dad, and grandma, and we are determined to make the best of it. The deal was, I cover the room, and she does the driving and rents the car. She has been great so far reimbursing me for her airline fare and park tickets.

I will worry a little, but I live by the motto if I don't have fun on a vacation, than it is my own fault.

The room is plenty big, and through my timeshare. It is a 2 bedroom, and there's plenty of room for the 4 of us once Kathy and Sean join us. Not the entire trip, but parts of it.

My storage container sits here all packed and ready for Kathy to put in her car. She is leaving at 8 a.m. tomorrow.

• Under that tree again!

Morning everyone. It's still a little windy as I notice between my door and car, and my car and office door.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

• Elven Queen of Caffeine

Signature courtesy of Poisonedapples

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Good to see you Lady N.

We have missed you.

• Elven Queen of Caffeine

Thanks Barbara. I've missed y'all too. Just...a lot going on in my personal life right now.

The good news is I'm going to be abroad for 2 months this summer. Studying abroad in Morocco and then taking a week and a half in Europe (including DLP!). So that is good and exciting.

How are things in the RCMC?
    Signature courtesy of Poisonedapples

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

It's been fairly quiet around here lately. Not moving as quickly as it was for a while.

It's so nice when people stop by and fill us all in as to what's been going on in their world.

I have never traveled across the ocean. The furthest I have ever been was a 3 day trip to Toronto once with my husband. That's probably closer than my more frequent trips to California to visit Disneyland.

I have a sister in law who lived in France. My nephew lives in Spain where he married his sweetheart. He may never return to the States. Haven't seen him for many years now.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Hello to Lady N., Barbaraann and everyone.

I've been thinking about a tragic event of four years ago today.

I found this tribute on Youtube, which includes one of my favorite songs.

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.