Page 81 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3156717879808182838491106131 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 2005

• Under that tree again!

Re: RCMC # 132 : We're Zany To The Max! So Just Sit Back And Relax !

Quote Originally Posted by LadyNimrodelle View Post
    Also, really hoping someone will agree to room with me during the DCP. So far, no takers, probably because I'm old. But I've submitted my housing deposit, so SOMEONE is gonna have to step up and take one for the team!
    Did you apply to live at Chatham? It's the low key place. Vista Lay is not.

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    It was 95 degrees this weekend here in California. The hot weather puts me in a bad mood. I hate hot weather.

So, I believe that a trip to Colorodo, either Denver or Boulder, is being planned for this year. And this is because I am wanting to see the environment and inquire about schooling because, I believe my days here in California are done.

I'm researching other places as well.
    Remember that saying about same crap different day. Replace day with place and it's still true. I would look for better schools. Looks for state ranks, and then ranks within the state. If I had a child I would be looking at private schools, granted that's not an option for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    My water problems don't warrant a sump pump.
    So how did you get it out? Pull the plug on the basement swimming pool?

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    Good afternoon everyone. Dodgers have the day off today, so do I.
    Enjoy the rest, Barry.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• world class bilge rat

Nice day today, too bad I had to spend all of it indoors.

Oh well.....

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by micromind View Post
    Can't blame ya a bit, I couldn't stand it either, and I've never even lived there. But I don't know anyone who actually likes California.

The state itself is beautiful, but it has one of the worst governments anywhere, in my opinion.

Yep, I'd be thinking of leaving too.
    Living in California can be a pain in many ways, but I still love living here.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Elven Queen of Caffeine

Evening all,

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Did you apply to live at Chatham? It's the low key place. Vista Lay is not.
    We can't make any housing requests yet, but there is a FB group for the people who are coming down on my arrival date, so I'm looking with them. I have 2 prospies: one who seems really cool but already has someone else lined up who may or may not work out, and one whom I feel sorry for (no one wants to room with her either).

And Chatham seems to be the place all the partiers want to live since it is newer, whereas Vista Way is a) cheaper; and b) seems a bit unpopular. Cheaper sounds pretty darn good at the moment, and I might do Wellness since I'm not a partier.
    Signature courtesy of Poisonedapples

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Gratuitous grand critter pic....

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    So

fraking

tired.....

I actually wasn't feeling to bad this evening until I got in my car to head home. And then.... the wall hit. Thank goodness I have the next two days off. Of course I have a lot of stuff I need to do that didn't get done since I was doing 12 hour shifts the last 3 days but....
    You should of gone strait to bed after a glass of warm milk. I'm sorry you stayed up late enough to type that.

Quote Originally Posted by micromind View Post
    Can't blame ya a bit, I couldn't stand it either, and I've never even lived there. But I don't know anyone who actually likes California.

The state itself is beautiful, but it has one of the worst governments anywhere, in my opinion.
    I like it. The place, not the systems. I don't dislike the government, it's just way to big, slow, redundant, and undoes most of what it does a few years later.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

You should of gone strait to bed after a glass of warm milk. I'm sorry you stayed up late enough to type that.
    Had to at least put in an appearance.... and do a couple of things. But now.... its nanner time!

all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by LadyNimrodelle View Post
    And Chatham seems to be the place all the partiers want to live since it is newer, whereas Vista Way is a) cheaper; and b) seems a bit unpopular. Cheaper sounds pretty darn good at the moment, and I might do Wellness since I'm not a partier.
    Yeah right.

All the ICPs will fill in Vista and they are on summer vaction not matter the season.

"All the cat does is look out that window, it make me want to puke."
    Be Cool Stay in School!

• Under that tree again!

Had to at least put in an appearance.... and do a couple of things. But now.... its nanner time!
    I understand work is not all of life. Sleep well.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

• Under that tree again!

Good night everyone.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I have a cement basement floor, in about 2/3 the area with a sewer drain in the middle, so a lot of the water eventually does go down the drain. The rest can be swept in that direction. The back of the basement is vinyl tile, and the dry wet vac works fine for that area. My husband said that my tenant, and Jason helped him clean up. Jason lives in the back of the basement. He's Sean's cousin. Although Jason was upstairs in the attic watching the cats and birds while Kathy and Sean were in Florida.

My basement is totally dry once more. Too much rain, too quickly makes this happen.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I love the California weather when I visit there to go to Disneyland. Florida's weather was actually quite nice during my 7 day visit. It only rained once, for about an hour.

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

Morning all! Actually got to sleep in for the first time since.... since I don't know when.

Glad the weather was good while you were there Barbara! Thats pretty amazing that it only rained one time!

Time to go hunt up some breakfast and then figure out what I want to get done today... looks like another WINDY day out... oh.... joy.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Yay Pengy got sleep!

Remember that saying about same crap different day. Replace day with place and it's still true. I would look for better schools. Looks for state ranks, and then ranks within the state. If I had a child I would be looking at private schools, granted that's not an option for everyone.
    Oh I wouldn't just go anywhere blind. It's not like I"m gonna put a US map on the wall and throw a dart and where it lands, is where we go. Although at this point, I'm VERY tempted to do just that.

And Private schools are NOT an option. I had him in a private school from pre-K to 1st and it was HORRIFIC....I got threatened a law suit because my kid (who was 6) called another kid a poopy face. The mother was a lawyer and threatened to suit me unless I gave her $70,000. The principal (an egg head) backed it up. It all ended up for nothing when I got my own lawyer and the suing parent got scared that I wasn't just going to hand over $70,000. In the end, my son got kicked out of the school. It was ridiculous. So no private schools ever. I am looking in Charter schools though.

Gratuitous grand critter pic....

I love your Grand-Animals Pengy

• Under that tree again!

I have a cement basement floor, in about 2/3 the area with a sewer drain in the middle, so a lot of the water eventually does go down the drain. The rest can be swept in that direction. The back of the basement is vinyl tile, and the dry wet vac works fine for that area. My husband said that my tenant, and Jason helped him clean up. Jason lives in the back of the basement. He's Sean's cousin. Although Jason was upstairs in the attic watching the cats and birds while Kathy and Sean were in Florida.

My basement is totally dry once more. Too much rain, too quickly makes this happen.
    I understand. It rained so hard that the drain was overwhelmed, not water coming up through the drain or sitting in a basin style basement.

I watched a interesting video about a whirlpool a little while ago. I can't find the link to repost it here, but it would compliment this post well if I could.

I love the California weather when I visit there to go to Disneyland. Florida's weather was actually quite nice during my 7 day visit. It only rained once, for about an hour.
    I'm with Pengy, that was lucky, glad it worked out for you. Running from the rain takes some of the leisure out of a visit.
    Be Cool Stay in School!