Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 2016

• Never give in.

Re: RCMC # 133 The Road Goes On Forever And The Party Never Ends

♥ "Don't care about all the pain in front of me
    'Cause I'm just trying to be happy." ♥

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

OMG!!! I have got to save that and print it out!!!!!

And I forget some of my FB friends are very... hard core.....

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Never give in.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    OMG!!! I have got to save that and print it out!!!!!

And I forget some of my FB friends are very... hard core.....
    And some of your facebook friends...really piss me TH off.

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PiG_GuRl View Post
    And some of your facebook friends...really piss me TH off.
    :

all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

And why am I still awake? Maybe because I know I can sleep in tomorrow and celebrate not being at work? Or maybe I'm just insane.

• Never give in.

:
    Especially one person in particular you may or may not know from past experience
    And why am I still awake? Maybe because I know I can sleep in tomorrow and celebrate not being at work? Or maybe I'm just insane.
    ...yes

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

And if I don't go to bed and get some sleep I will be insane tomorrow!!! Must nanner while I still have nanner power!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

No plans for manual labor, of any kind, today. Unless you can call crocheting manual labor. Hopefully I can show Brittany what she wants to learn, and she can enjoy crocheting as much as I do.

Have a Super Tuesday.
    Last edited by Barbaraann; 08-13-2013 at 04:38 AM.

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

Well after a relaxing morning I'm going to do a few things around the site, then I need to gather up recycling, maybe use the money to take my car down and get it washed... and see what other trouble I can get into.

• Never give in.

Hi Room!

Sure is slow around here. It's like everyone has summer plans or something.

Same ol' same ol' here at work. At least it's not quite as hectic this week.

• Elven Queen of Caffeine

Afternoon all
    Signature courtesy of Poisonedapples

• Elven Queen of Caffeine

So for those of you wanting to know about my trip....

Day 1: Paris - Notre Dame, Louvre, Orangerie, a bunch of other museums: awesome!!!
    Day 2: Rabat, Morocco: Camera pickpocketed, wheel comes off luggage in the medina.

Weeks 1-3: Rabat, Morocco: Knees gave out from all the damn hills, shoes ripped my heels apart and they proceeded to become infected - went to the doctor for both of the above and was told No More Hills (meaning: Take a taxi to school) and given iodine for the infections (luckily I had neosporin with me and used that instead). School: Fluency in French expected - textbooks difficult for even native speakers, Kelila is not up to par even though she has had more than the recommended levels of French. 100+ pages of reading assigned each night, after having 6 hours of lecture every day. Exhaustion. Trip to Fez, Meknes, Volubilis = nice break.

Week 4: Dakar, Senegal: Sketchy plumbing, heat and humidity, mosquitoes, Malaria pills, yellow fever vaccinations, Ile de Goré: fabulous! I actually had a very good time here, which might have something to do with the bottle of rum I consumed in the course of 4 days.

Week 5: Rabat, Morocco: drop out of program as midterms are approaching and I have done zero work for the classes. Only friend in the program also drops out. My 31st birthday on the first day of Ramadan = no public eating, drinking or smoking. Trip to Marrakech (LOVED IT - 5 star hotel may have something to do with that, along with the fact that its a tourist place, so Ramadan not enforced for tourists).

Week 6-7: Barcelona, Spain: A friend of a friend of a friend agrees to put me up for 2 weeks in their apartment for only 200 euros. Language barrier awkward (I speak no Spanish) but once I got over that I had a lovely time sleeping 12+ hours a night, doing touristy stuff, and partying til 3am every day back at the apartment. Flight to Paris cost me $500 in luggage fees.

Weeks 8-9: Paris: exhausted and broke I sleep through the morning I was supposed to go to Disneyland Paris, arrive around 3pm and still get to do nearly everything on my list: the longest line was 30 minutes for Big Thunder Mtn. LOVED This Park. The theming is immersive and the park is actually a park, with lots of grass and trees and green space. Their Space Mountain is 500x's better than Disneyland's, and it was nice to see attractions I love like Haunted Mansion and POTC with fresh eyes since they're different here. Nighttime 20th anniversary show was stellar!

Also did a bunch of touristy Paris things: went to the top of the eiffel tower, attempt at Versailles but there was a security issue and the line stopped moving for over an hour, so all I got to see there was a piece of the gardens, Seine River Dinner Cruise (amazing), Arc de Triomphe, Champs-Elysées, bought new luggage to replace the one I had been dragging around, wheel-less. Attempted the catacombs but got there too late - the line was 3 hours long and last entry was in 1.5 hours. Loire Valley tour - amazing castles here.

Next stop Brussels: So....I missed the morning train to Brussels because I was waiting in line trying to get my ticket (which I had already purchased) - for over an hour. So they put me on an evening train at 7:45...except it wasn't 7:45 it was 7:25. The train that left from the same track at 7:45 was going elsewhere...so I went to Mons on that train, got off, bought a train ticket for Brussels, missed that one because they changed the platform at the last minute, took the next one, arrived in Brussels at midnight with no cash and go to an ATM which promptly eats my debit card with all my money on it. Credit cards don't have enough to pay for hotel room. Fortunately this doesn't matter as the hotel doesn't require credit card til checkout. Sleep forever the next day, and wake up to go to Western Union and get the money mom has wired me. Cross Bruges off the list of things to do that day, and wander around the Grand Place buying chocolate (and lace) and the BEST BELGIAN WAFFLE EVER!!!!

Next Stop: Amsterdam! - It took 3 trains to get there, but I caught all of them on time and some dear souls helped me with my 150 lbs. of luggage that I was dragging around. Checked in to by far the nicest hotel I stayed in in Europe, except that they require a credit card (which I didn't have) so I had to give them an extra 100 euros as a deposit, which I got back at the end of my stay. Slept late, went to western union for more cash from mom, saw the Van Gogh museum and part of the Rijksmuseum, Anne Frank's house, and a canal tour of Amsterdam.

LOVED the airport in Amsterdam (almost as much as Barcelona's airport) and made it home just fine (which at this point in the trip, I was a bit concerned about since so much had gone wrong already).

That's the nutshell version, anyway. It was a huge misadventure, and cost way more than it was supposed to, but fortunately everything turned out ok, and I made it home safely.

OK, now to unpack and repack for Florida.
    Signature courtesy of Poisonedapples

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Thanks for sharing your adventures with all of us, Lady N. I loved reading about what you did during your travels. You are home safe and sound, and I am sure you have lots of great memories of your travels. Nothing is ever 100% perfect, that's for sure.

May your Florida time be all that you want it to be.

I am sure you will look back at the Summer of 2013, and say, "At least it wasn't boring"

My sister in law recently retired, and her son commented today, about how his mom says, that she is bored. I say she needs some hobbies.
    Last edited by Barbaraann; 08-13-2013 at 04:24 PM.

Maybe she can go on the program Lady N did?