Page 32 of 135 FirstFirst ... 72229303132333435425782132 ... LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

re: RCMC # 133 The Road Goes On Forever And The Party Never Ends

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasmico! View Post
    Pengy, You are just a lucky penguin! The day has flown by tho. Omg, watching the tony's and one of the actors from Lion King was sans shirt but it looked like man boobs- even though he is quite buff. .. . so odd.
    lucky? If I were lucky I'd be able to hit the lottery!!

I forgot the Tonys were even on. Not that it mattered. Hubby would not want to watch it anyway.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

Well the time as come.... to wander off to bed! Nanners anyone still around!

all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

More construction work for me. By that, I mean that I bought two small dressers that I need to "put together". That's my project for today. I always feel sorry for any construction workers that I happen to see working out in Chicago in our Summer heat.

Happy Monday.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

Yeah my hubby use to have to be out in the 100+ heat. I guess thats one good thing about not working right now.... at least he doesn't have to get out unless he wants to.

Last Monday of the school year!! wHooo Ho0ooo!!!! And this time next week, I will be packing my car to head north!!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

This dresser project is pretty complicated, and I am only on the first one. Well, if I take my time, I should one put together by noon, I hope.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Hey all!

I'm glad to see that every one is doing well. So sad about the Kings.

I'm hanging in there. The Boy is still loving his hockey lessons. He has progressed from just learning how to skate to the actual Hockey lessons. He gets to scrimmage now and he loves it.

I've been busy with life or I try to keep busy. I recently took a trip out to Long Beach to go to the Aquarium of the Pacific. I got some shots of the Queen Mary off the Harbor.

I also decided that I do not want to be fat anymore. As of 1 1/2 months ago, I cut out fast food, carbs and sweets completely and increased my exercise (30 minutes power walking 3-4 times a week) and I have lost a total of 14 lbs.

It's really working and I feel it's a lifestyle that I can live with. It's just a matter of making better choices (like no bread basket before a meal) and pushing away food instead of cleaning the plate. I have yet to feel dramatic results like looser clothes but I am noticing my face is not as puffy.

I'm also updating my blog on a daily basis so if anyone would like that feel free to email me: [email protected]

I had to do some catching up and read all 10 pages, or skimmed through them maybe. I love your Mickey curtains Barbara! I'm on the look out for a Mickey shower curtain to finish up my Mickey themed bathroom.

I should be around more

Name:  imagesCAOERZRM.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  11.3 KB

I just thought that meme was funny. Not in a making fun of ADHD kinda way. Because "squirrel" is the word I use on my kid when he gets distracted.

For instance, I tell him "go wash your hands". He gets up, walks toward the bathroom but somewhere between the couch and the bathroom he gets distracted. I get his attention and say "Squirrel" then he realizes he lost his direction somewhere and gets back on track.

Sometimes, it gets us to laugh and its better than me getting frustrated and yelling at him

I like that meme. I saw something similar on a T-shirt once I think.

Another week here in paradise. After this week and next I have Monday and Tuesday off so that should be fun - short work weeks are always nice.

Back to the grind!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I am still working on those Mickey Curtains. Today, I am putting together a dresser, that I finally was able to purchase, in which I will store my socks and underwear. It is a perfect size.

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    This dresser project is pretty complicated, and I am only on the first one. Well, if I take my time, I should one put together by noon, I hope.
    Good luck Barbara!!! Sometimes those things don't go together like they should.

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    Hey all!

I'm glad to see that every one is doing well. So sad about the Kings.

I'm hanging in there. The Boy is still loving his hockey lessons. He has progressed from just learning how to skate to the actual Hockey lessons. He gets to scrimmage now and he loves it.

I've been busy with life or I try to keep busy. I recently took a trip out to Long Beach to go to the Aquarium of the Pacific. I got some shots of the Queen Mary off the Harbor.

I also decided that I do not want to be fat anymore. As of 1 1/2 months ago, I cut out fast food, carbs and sweets completely and increased my exercise (30 minutes power walking 3-4 times a week) and I have lost a total of 14 lbs.

It's really working and I feel it's a lifestyle that I can live with. It's just a matter of making better choices (like no bread basket before a meal) and pushing away food instead of cleaning the plate. I have yet to feel dramatic results like looser clothes but I am noticing my face is not as puffy.

I'm also updating my blog on a daily basis so if anyone would like that feel free to email me: [email protected]

I had to do some catching up and read all 10 pages, or skimmed through them maybe. I love your Mickey curtains Barbara! I'm on the look out for a Mickey shower curtain to finish up my Mickey themed bathroom.

I should be around more
    Hey Clara!!! Congrats on the weight loss!!! You lost it and I think I found it!

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    Name:  imagesCAOERZRM.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  11.3 KB

I just thought that meme was funny. Not in a making fun of ADHD kinda way. Because "squirrel" is the word I use on my kid when he gets distracted.

For instance, I tell him "go wash your hands". He gets up, walks toward the bathroom but somewhere between the couch and the bathroom he gets distracted. I get his attention and say "Squirrel" then he realizes he lost his direction somewhere and gets back on track.

Sometimes, it gets us to laugh and its better than me getting frustrated and yelling at him
    I like that too! In fact I printed that out and put it on the wall behind our dest at work!

Quote Originally Posted by kirstenh View Post
    I like that meme. I saw something similar on a T-shirt once I think.

Another week here in paradise. After this week and next I have Monday and Tuesday off so that should be fun - short work weeks are always nice.

Back to the grind!
    Booo for the grind!!!!

Wind is kicking up something fierce and my sinuses are again driving me nuts. Time to go work on some stuff.... just apparently not outside.

We have a wild fire burning a few miles away from us. Wind was from the south which would blow the fire away from us. But apparently the wind direction has shifted (no surprize) so we could end up getting more of the smoke. Just what my sinuses need....

Wind and fire are never a good mixture. I hope it doesn't get to close to you!

I second Clara, hope the fire stays away!

Glad you got the first dresser put together Barbaraann. Did the electrician finish?

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

My electrician is hopefully showing up at the end of this week. I will be so glad when that albatross is gone, and I can get on to other important matters. I hate waiting on other people. At least if I can do something myself, than eventually I find the time to do it.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

The problem with putting the dresser together is that now I will spend the rest of my night putting it in my room, and finding room for all the stuff it has displaced. I get teased about how many times I move around stuff in my house. It's not like I am a clean freak, just trying to make the best use of my space.