Page 60 of 135 FirstFirst ... 103550575859606162637085110 ... LastLast

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: RCMC # 133 The Road Goes On Forever And The Party Never Ends

This is the longest that I remember the noise going off. I am sure my tenant's cats are hiding upstairs, and are not very happy.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I don't think my husband is getting any sleep. He has to go to bed by 8:30, because he leaves for work about 3:30. Yes, he does have to work tomorrow.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Happy New year! Oops.... wrong holiday! Happy 4th of July!!! Hope everyone had a safe holiday!

Where I am, the city dropped the ball for several reasons this year and they didn't sponsor any fireworks. But apparently right across the border in Montana, you can get lots of stuff (more than you can here, and you can get plenty here), so we sat in the front yard and watched all kinds of fireworks all around us. We set off a few things of our own, but most of ours was ground stuff.

Daughters dog is nuts. He LOVES fireworks. We has some rocket things that were like fire crackers that went off in the sky and he would get so excited... wish I could of got some pics of him. Son in law would put it in a PVC pipe stuck in the yard, and he would crouch down with his butt in the air and when it would shoot off he would just up and try to chase it! Crazy dog. Amazingly most of the animals around here (cows, horses) seemed to do pretty well.

Tomorrow will try to drag daughter out to the sidewalk sales, and other stuff going on in town.

Thats it for the moment...

Thanks Barbara and everyone for keeping the home fires burning around here while I'm mostly gone!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

We used to do a lot of Barbecuing, but my husband has given that up. Nobody stays around anymore, and my husband says it's more aggravation than it is worth. He would cook too much food, and it would not always get eaten. Sean did send me a text message yesterday asking me if grandpa was going to BBQ. I do save a lot of money in the food department.

My goal for today is to paint my tenant's backdoor. The whole door doesn't need painting just the new wood trim around the newly installed screen door.

I am glad you are having a great visit with your family Jody.

The weather is still holding in a nice pattern here in Chicago. Not too hot.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Happy Friday everyone.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I am procrastinating really bad this morning. Although, now that my tenant has left for work, I really should get up the stairs, and paint around that door. One thing about work, it won't do itself.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I finished my painting project for the day. Now I can rest this evening, and do some crocheting.

Time for my soap opera General Hospital. I wonder why Young and the Restless hasn't been on this week.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Just thought I would drop by to say hi.

Hi!

Wrapping up work on tonight's Dodgers broadcast...Dodgers are red hot and won again tonight.

Happy Friday night everyone!
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Early morning grocery shopping for us today. I need to cut back on my purchases and use up the stuff that I have in the freezer and my pantry. My husband on the other hand is an impulse shopper, so hopefully, he won't go overboard this morning.

Happy Saturday.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

One more paycheck to save, and I will have enough money for my airfare for my October trip to Disneyland. My admission is covered by my annual pass, and my timeshare is covering my hotel room. By the time October comes, I will have enough for my food, and walking around money. I don't like to go in debt for my Disney vacations.

• world class bilge rat

I don't know exactly when my next trip to DL will be, maybe in December. We want to see DL with the holiday stuff up, but don't want the huge crowds that come with it.

This trip will be a bit different; instead of me, my daughter and several of her friends who are girls, it'll likely be me, her, her boyfriend (whom I like a lot.....), and two of her friends who are girls.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I treated myself to a holiday trip to Disneyland back in 2008, and I am so glad that I did. I can't believe it was that long ago. It was a great vacation.

Our next vacation will be a little more expensive than usual because we're going to Knott's Berry Farm and Universal too. We always save up in advance of purchasing tickets and save again between buying tix and going so we don't go into debt either. That way, everything is kind of paid for when we get there.

• world class bilge rat

Sometimes there are lower price tickets available online from Universal and Knotts websites. We've bought and printed them before, they work just fine.

But yes, it's always good to not have a bunch of bills waiting when you get home......

• Goofy

hi room. seems i got here late lol