Page 64 of 135 FirstFirst ... 143954616263646566677489114 ... LastLast

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: RCMC # 133 The Road Goes On Forever And The Party Never Ends

I finished the painting on my back staircase. At least the parts that I wanted to do. Mostly, the stairs, railings, and parts of the walls. I noticed, that I need to go back, and touch up the railings some more. They get dirty, and nicked up the fastest.

Looks good! For some reason the bottom pic reminds me of the painting on California Screamin'.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Since this morning I have been in Utah, Arizona, Nevada and California.

Now... I am home.

But its going to take me a few days to catch up and catch my breath. Esp. since I have to work this weekend. But I guess I could start with where I left off in here.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    Gotta be hard leaving the daughter/son in law behind, after seeing them each and every day. I know I enjoy seeing my grandson each and every day, and I miss him when he doesn't stop in to at least say hello.

Dark Olive is the new color going on the stair treads. I have been painting the railings/walls another called Warm Caramel. They sure like to give these paint colors interesting names. My project is moving along nicely.

My grandson has a house full of friends. I told them they need to navigate using the front stairs today, and probably tomorrow while I finish up my job.

Happy Wednesday to you.
    It was nice spending time, and I'll miss them... but after almost 3 weeks it was time to go. LOL! I think any longer and we would of started getting on each others nerves.

Quote Originally Posted by kirstenh View Post
    Good morning room.

Good job on all the painting you've done Barbaraann. I loathe painting.

Have a safe trip back pengy! Boo on working this weekend.
    Thanks! I survived driving through Las Vegas even! To bad I didn't have more time... I know 3 MiceChatters who live in Vegas and it would of been fun to stop by and see them..

And as much as I don't want to go to work... apparently the next schedule is messed up. Yesterday when I was driving one of the other techs sent me a text message about the schedule, so I'll have to try to fix that this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    The Angels clobbered the Cubs tonight at Wrigley to wind up getting a split of the two game series. And, for better or worse, anytime I hear about Wrigley Field, or Chicago for that matter, I think of Barbarann.

I have been going in for regular lymphodema massages and it seems to really be helping with the right foot wound that has been plaguing me for months. My podiatrist says that the massages reducing the right leg swelling has really helped the foot wound to heal.

Good news indeed.
    Very good news Barry! I'm glad the treatments are helping you!

all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Goofy

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    Since this morning I have been in Utah, Arizona, Nevada and California.

Now... I am home.

But its going to take me a few days to catch up and catch my breath. Esp. since I have to work this weekend. But I guess I could start with where I left off in here.
    sounds like you might need another vacation from that vacation. good to hear you back home penguinsoda.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Glad to hear that you are home Jody. At least you have one day, to catch your breath before you have to return to work.

• Never give in.

Hola
    ♥ "Don't care about all the pain in front of me
    'Cause I'm just trying to be happy." ♥

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
    sounds like you might need another vacation from that vacation. good to hear you back home penguinsoda.

I like that idea...

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    Glad to hear that you are home Jody. At least you have one day, to catch your breath before you have to return to work.
    But so much to do to catch up around here. I did go through 3 weeks of mail since hubby just kept piling it up, waiting for me to come home. Mostly bills of course...

Quote Originally Posted by PiG_GuRl View Post
    Hola
    Hello!!!

Ok, now that I'm home where is everyone... time to party. Before I pass out since I'm pretty sure I will be headed for bed early tonight.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I bought a bunch of cotton yarn, and I am looking for patterns for crocheted towels. I need a break from all that painting that I did.

•   
    • RCMC: Java Junkie

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

Lori!! Good to see you! How have you been!

•   

Hey Jody!!! Welcome home

I've been okay. Pretty busy the past couple weeks. Starting a big project at home with a complete makeover of the backyard, and finally going to paint the inside of the house and replace the carpet with pergo flooring. Should start the excavation of backyard the week of the 21st, roughly a 3 week project.

Technically employed but still not working. It's an on call position with the county of education out in San Jose. Worked the day before and after July 4th and a day and half in May and that's it so far. Still looking for full time employment. Eventually something will turn up. But until then I'll take advantage of doing the project at home for my Mom.

Really should've done this last summer, but she mentally wasn't ready. Too overwhelming so I've had to take the reigns and do all the logistics involved. I just said, I just need you to decide whether you want to spend the money or not. And then after we'll choose colors and styles etc together.

Looks like you enjoyed vacation. Sorry you'll be going back into work soon.

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

Wow! That does sound like an overwhelming project... much like... my own backyard. I'd love to redo it but it would take months and thousands of dollars to make it the way I want.

But I can relate... there is so much that needs to be done where the kids are and I was going to help them get so much done but... I used the excuse of rain and heat. When the reality is I just didn't want to start because there was so much to do. We couldn't do anything until the roof on the porch was fixed and I just couldn't bring myself to call anyone to come and even give an estimate. So I understand the not being mentally ready.

Um... on call positions are certainly hit and miss. I hope something full time will turn up for you soon. The economy is suppose to be better but... I don't see a lot of signs of it.

•   

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    Wow! That does sound like an overwhelming project... much like... my own backyard. I'd love to redo it but it would take months and thousands of dollars to make it the way I want.

But I can relate... there is so much that needs to be done where the kids are and I was going to help them get so much done but... I used the excuse of rain and heat. When the reality is I just didn't want to start because there was so much to do. We couldn't do anything until the roof on the porch was fixed and I just couldn't bring myself to call anyone to come and even give an estimate. So I understand the not being mentally ready.

Um... on call positions are certainly hit and miss. I hope something full time will turn up for you soon. The economy is suppose to be better but... I don't see a lot of signs of it.
    If all goes well, we should be done in 3-4 weeks for backyard. And the inside of house, not sure cuz Debbie and I will be doing that ourselves. But at least the upside to that is free labor and only material costs. Backyard.........uh yeah, there is the ton of money involved. But she does want it done and I keep telling her, your retired and have been for quite some time so enjoy life!!!

Yeah Obama and supposedly EDD claims their are more jobs out there. And on technicalities there is. However it's either part time or seasonal which are bringing those numbers up. I agree the economy is still in the toliet

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

I hope you get a lot of before and after pictures! I'd love to see them!

Pft... as if people can live on seasonal or part time jobs... I've read that a lot of business now are hiring "temp" employees that they keep on long term or just keep switching them out so they don't have to pay them any bennies. Totally sucks. But what ya gonna do?