Page 40 of 135 FirstFirst ... 153037383940414243506590 ... LastLast

• Goofy

Re: RCMC #134 You Have to Be a Little Crazy to Have A Lot of Fun

hello barbaraann and I hope you have a wonderful time at the parks.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
    hello barbaraann and I hope you have a wonderful time at the parks.
    Thanks. I am getting super excited, the closer it gets. My first Halloween visit. It will be a feast for the eyes, I am sure.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    Thanks. I am getting super excited, the closer it gets. My first Halloween visit. It will be a feast for the eyes, I am sure.
    You have a wonderful attitude when it comes to your vacations. You bring the fun with you and take it home afterward. I am sure this will be the case again next week.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

My motto is this:

If you don't have fun on your vacation, then it is your own fault.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I just finished watching Once Upon A Time in Wonderland. The series looks pretty good, so far.

• Under that tree again!

Have a great time in DL, Barb.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

•   
    • RCMC: Java Junkie

Only a few more days and Barbara will be off to the "Happiest Place on Earth". Funny thing I was supposed to be down in LA 17th-20th but alas it got bumped to 24th-27th. Going to hang out in Hollywood and watch the tv taping of Hot in Cleveland. Tried to get tickets for Big Bang Theory but that was next to impossible. Not going into the parks though, but I'll visit DTD. One of these days I'll get back inside the parks, just don't know when.

Been trying to understand this healthcare reform stuff. I qualify for the federal assistance which is great but choosing a plan is tough. I currently have kept Kaiser and paid the premiums on my own. Need to call them tomorrow and find out if I go under one of the plans through the federal assistance whether I still get to see my same doctors or not. I read an article that said not all providers and doctors are participating. They gave the example of Cedars-Sinai in LA and they won't participate and I thought, isn't that the hospital for the lifestyles of the rich and famous? What would they need federal assistance for?

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by coopercaseycody View Post
    Kim!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PiG_GuRl View Post
    Reporting to you live...from the most boring class ever to exist.
    Hey!! Pay attention!

Quote Originally Posted by kirstenh View Post
    Hi all!

I think a bug is going around here too - I seem to have caught a mild head cold. Nothing too bad; just annoying really.

Work is not going well. We slowed down a lot and were waiting for it to pick up but found out a few days ago that one of the firms that accounted for 25% of our client base is doing their own bankruptcy work and won't refer any to us anymore so we won't be getting busier for a while, so my co-worker and I were reduced to 2 days per week each. It beats a layoff but not by much. I've started putting feelers out.
    This has been a really bad year for bugs going around!

Darn! That does not sound good on the work front... So much for the economic recovery. I hope you can find something more stable!

Good to see some activity in the RCMC. I spent the day doing some last minute shopping for my Disneyland trip. My suitcase is all packed with my clothes. Now I need to gather up all that small stuff that people tend to insist on carrying with them these days. The cell phone, and camera, and wallet, and well you get the point.

Yah!!!! Almost time to go!

Quote Originally Posted by 1Disneylandfan View Post
    Only a few more days and Barbara will be off to the "Happiest Place on Earth". Funny thing I was supposed to be down in LA 17th-20th but alas it got bumped to 24th-27th. Going to hang out in Hollywood and watch the tv taping of Hot in Cleveland. Tried to get tickets for Big Bang Theory but that was next to impossible. Not going into the parks though, but I'll visit DTD. One of these days I'll get back inside the parks, just don't know when.

Been trying to understand this healthcare reform stuff. I qualify for the federal assistance which is great but choosing a plan is tough. I currently have kept Kaiser and paid the premiums on my own. Need to call them tomorrow and find out if I go under one of the plans through the federal assistance whether I still get to see my same doctors or not. I read an article that said not all providers and doctors are participating. They gave the example of Cedars-Sinai in LA and they won't participate and I thought, isn't that the hospital for the lifestyles of the rich and famous? What would they need federal assistance for?
    I haven't signed up yet. I still need to do some research myself. I figure I've got a couple of months to figure it out. I think I'm going to have to call someone to make sure I'm doing it right. If we have to go by last years taxes then we're screwed. We made to much to qualify for any assistance. But if we just go by this year, with my part time jobs and hubbys unemployment then we can get some help... I think. I need to find out how much the unemployment is for sure. Now next year when his unemployment runs out and its just my jobs... well, will cross that bridge when it happens.

Good grief its been a busy week. And its only 9:30 but my brain is trying really hard to shut down already... not sure how much longer I can keep it together...

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

•   
    • RCMC: Java Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post

I haven't signed up yet. I still need to do some research myself. I figure I've got a couple of months to figure it out. I think I'm going to have to call someone to make sure I'm doing it right. If we have to go by last years taxes then we're screwed. We made to much to qualify for any assistance. But if we just go by this year, with my part time jobs and hubbys unemployment then we can get some help... I think. I need to find out how much the unemployment is for sure. Now next year when his unemployment runs out and its just my jobs... well, will cross that bridge when it happens.

Good grief its been a busy week. And its only 9:30 but my brain is trying really hard to shut down already... not sure how much longer I can keep it together...
    When I signed up on CoveredCA it goes by your currently monthly pay check. It does let you update during the year. If you have a change in income during the year, its better to report it to them so adjustments in assistance can be made. Otherwise when you file taxes at the end of the year you may end up owing money. Yep read that in a news article somewhere. So I said wait a minute, so much for the government helping out. Granted what I pay out of pocket right now will go down next year even if I choose not to use the assistance. Government always puts strings to everything. They make it sound like their doing you this huge favor, but not really. In that same news article I read, it said that it can be a bit tricky using the assistance. Obviously the more money you make the less assistance they give, so hence the reason for reporting any changes in income so you don't end up owing in taxes the following year. Crazy isn't it! I can pay $150 a month instead of the $630 I do now for almost the same coverage, their are some differences of course. You have to pay close attention to the trade offs they do with premiums, drug coverage, and co-pays. Haven't chosen a plan quite yet though. It said I had until 11/9/13 to choose one. Either way Kaiser will automatically roll me over into the most close coverage I have now for a lower monthly premium. I think its the silver plan.

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

See thats it my bottom line is... my bottom line. I want to pay the least amount I can and still get decent coverage. I was spoiled with the insurance we had before where I didn't have any deductables to deal with. Thats a whole new territory for me. If things slow down and if I can catch up with stuff I need to do so that I can take the time to do some looking into it...

Well.. darn it. I'd love to stay and chat but the brain is saying.. well its not saying much because I can't stop yawning long enough to even think... guess I'd better nanner on out!

all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Never give in.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    Hey!! Pay attention!
    NYYYYAHH!! Don't tell me what to do!!
    ♥ "Don't care about all the pain in front of me
    'Cause I'm just trying to be happy." ♥

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Good morning RCMC.

I am three days away from my trip, and looking forward to California's palm trees, and beautiful weather. I just love the drive from the airport when I first glimpse the Matterhorn, and I realize Disneyland is nearby. It gives me goosebumps. I know some people are what I refer to as "Down On Disneyland", but I still love the place, and will visit as much as I can afford.

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PiG_GuRl View Post
    NYYYYAHH!! Don't tell me what to do!!
    Hey! I have the mommy stick! Its in my job description!

Good morning RCMC.

I am three days away from my trip, and looking forward to California's palm trees, and beautiful weather. I just love the drive from the airport when I first glimpse the Matterhorn, and I realize Disneyland is nearby. It gives me goosebumps. I know some people are what I refer to as "Down On Disneyland", but I still love the place, and will visit as much as I can afford.
    Well, I have to admit I've become slightly disillusioned with some of the stuff Disney has pulled lately... but I do miss being able to go several times a year and just... hang out. I enjoyed the meets and hanging out with everyone, but I also so enjoyed just being there, and sitting on a bench and watching everything and soaking up the atmosphere... gotta work on hitting that lottery so I can go back again...

Happy Friday everyone! Going to lunch today with some coworkers from the hospital. But thank goodness I don't work this weekend!!! Got lots of stuff to do and its suppose to be in the 80's temp wise so maybe I can do some stuff outside that I've been ignoring!

• Never give in.

I have random news to report: ambrosia apples are phenomenal.
    ♥ "Don't care about all the pain in front of me
    'Cause I'm just trying to be happy." ♥

• Triple Goddess

Boo!