Page 65 of 135 FirstFirst ... 15556263646566676875115 ... LastLast
Results 961 to 975 of 2014
  1. #961

    • Under that tree again!
    • Online

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,187

    Re: RCMC #134 You Have to Be a Little Crazy to Have A Lot of Fun

    Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    Its a staff development day. No students but teachers will be in meetings all day and classified staff (me) just have to show up and put in our time. We'll be working in the room doing cleaning, and sorting and prepping stuff before we have lunch.

    So guess I'll nanner on out too! Won't have to work to hard tomorrow but will have to continue to deal with car issues so that will be tiring.
    night Pengy.

    I have a meeting at 10. So am not going to the office first just to the client office at 10. I'm sort of staying up late starting the weekend a little early.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

  2. #962

    •   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Posts
    65,380
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: RCMC #134 You Have to Be a Little Crazy to Have A Lot of Fun

    Cool! Nice to be able to flex your time like that!! Not many jobs let you do that. Thats why I keep my hospital job... its a bit extra, but since I'm per diem I can pic what days I want, or pick up extra if I can.

    And off I go. Nerves are working up a bit today. Trying no keep calm and not stress over the day.




    Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!


    Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

  3. #963

    • Hooterville, USA
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The Haney House
    Posts
    10,137

    Re: RCMC #134 You Have to Be a Little Crazy to Have A Lot of Fun

    Friday or flyday for me. Busy weekend for the "Lurker's Anonymous" president.


    This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

  4. #964

    •   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Posts
    65,380
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: RCMC #134 You Have to Be a Little Crazy to Have A Lot of Fun

    Not a great day... stressing over car. Trying to rise out of the blue funk. Might check in again later...




    Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!


    Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

  5. #965

    •   
    • Daffy about Disneyland
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    53,037
    Blog Entries
    119

    Re: RCMC #134 You Have to Be a Little Crazy to Have A Lot of Fun

    Stress is a killer. I'd be soaking in a nice hot tub. That always helps, a bit.
    My Next Disneyland Vacation - ​May 29, 2014 - June 5, 2014

    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

  6. #966

    • RCMC: Java Junkie
    • Online

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Castro Valley, CA
    Posts
    5,801

    Re: RCMC #134 You Have to Be a Little Crazy to Have A Lot of Fun

    Wow Pengy sorry about everything that's going on for you. I can truly say I feel for you and understand your situation. Totally glad that you are okay!

    Definitely don't sign anything or admit or agree to anything. The other insurance company will try to pressure you and trick you into the cheapest buy out they can get. On a technicality she is a hit and run even though she later admitted fault. It'll take time but your own insurance company should be fighting for you. It's good that she does have insurance that makes it a bit easier, however you will only get what her limits are. So if she has the bare minimum that CA allows which is 15/30 I believe, then that's all you'll get from her. However your own uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage should make up any difference in costs. Since you have legitimate injuries and she admitted fault I would consult an attorney. Majority of them give free advice/consultations, it can't hurt to find out some info. I'm still trying to settle mine. The crappy part is even though mine was a hit and run as well, he has no insurance and is illegal. Um yeah, my own insurance will NEVER get any money from him. So of course their trying to settle out as cheap as possible with me. Also make sure you get all aches, pains etc documented with your doctor. Go to appts and keep up any medical treatments. That makes a huge difference with the pain and suffering part of the pay out. If minimal injuries and complaints are documented they'll claim that you weren't really injured.

    Things will work out, I know its stressful and a lot to take in right now. But take your time, ask questions, google can be your friend. Do whats best for you and don't let either insurance company make you agree to something that your not comfortable with.

  7. #967

    •   
    • Daffy about Disneyland
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    53,037
    Blog Entries
    119

    Re: RCMC #134 You Have to Be a Little Crazy to Have A Lot of Fun

    I better get a move on this morning. I spent some of it looking at pictures of Christmas being added to the Disneyland Resort. It's probably nice for Rob, as he is visiting and he gets to see some Christmas finery. However, I am old school, and I think Christmas should wait until at least after Thanksgiving. I guess that is not practical since the Christmas Parade is being filmed today, I believe.

    Just an uneventful Saturday for me, except my brother in law is in the hospital having Gall Bladder surgery. My husband got an e-mail this morning, before he went to the auto dealership to have work done on his car.

    Happy Saturday to all of you lurkers out there, and of course to those of you who take the time to post as well.
    My Next Disneyland Vacation - ​May 29, 2014 - June 5, 2014

    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

  8. #968

    •   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Posts
    65,380
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: RCMC #134 You Have to Be a Little Crazy to Have A Lot of Fun

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Disneylandfan View Post
    Wow Pengy sorry about everything that's going on for you. I can truly say I feel for you and understand your situation. Totally glad that you are okay!

    Definitely don't sign anything or admit or agree to anything. The other insurance company will try to pressure you and trick you into the cheapest buy out they can get. On a technicality she is a hit and run even though she later admitted fault. It'll take time but your own insurance company should be fighting for you. It's good that she does have insurance that makes it a bit easier, however you will only get what her limits are. So if she has the bare minimum that CA allows which is 15/30 I believe, then that's all you'll get from her. However your own uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage should make up any difference in costs. Since you have legitimate injuries and she admitted fault I would consult an attorney. Majority of them give free advice/consultations, it can't hurt to find out some info. I'm still trying to settle mine. The crappy part is even though mine was a hit and run as well, he has no insurance and is illegal. Um yeah, my own insurance will NEVER get any money from him. So of course their trying to settle out as cheap as possible with me. Also make sure you get all aches, pains etc documented with your doctor. Go to appts and keep up any medical treatments. That makes a huge difference with the pain and suffering part of the pay out. If minimal injuries and complaints are documented they'll claim that you weren't really injured.

    Things will work out, I know its stressful and a lot to take in right now. But take your time, ask questions, google can be your friend. Do whats best for you and don't let either insurance company make you agree to something that your not comfortable with.
    I did go to the emergency room after but I haven't been to any "regular" doctor since I don't have medical insurance. Then again, I could submit those to have her insurance pay off too. But yeah.... as much as I just want it to all be over, I think talking to an attorney is what I'm going to have to do since I know jack diddle about accidents and insurance and stuff.

    And I was in such a funk last night I started drinking heavily. But.... it was Pepsi I started drinking! I know I'll never be an alcoholic since in a time of stress I didn't hit the booze... I hit the soda. I usually allow myself one glass a day. I think I drank most of a two liter bottle last night.

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    I better get a move on this morning. I spent some of it looking at pictures of Christmas being added to the Disneyland Resort. It's probably nice for Rob, as he is visiting and he gets to see some Christmas finery. However, I am old school, and I think Christmas should wait until at least after Thanksgiving. I guess that is not practical since the Christmas Parade is being filmed today, I believe.

    Just an uneventful Saturday for me, except my brother in law is in the hospital having Gall Bladder surgery. My husband got an e-mail this morning, before he went to the auto dealership to have work done on his car.

    Happy Saturday to all of you lurkers out there, and of course to those of you who take the time to post as well.
    Happy Saturday Barbara!!!

    Guess I should look into a rental for Monday if I can find one....




    Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!


    Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

  9. #969

    •   
    • Daffy about Disneyland
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    53,037
    Blog Entries
    119

    Re: RCMC #134 You Have to Be a Little Crazy to Have A Lot of Fun

    I almost have that afghan finished that I have been crocheting for my neighbor. It will be her Christmas present. I will be super glad when it is complete.

    I need to go find some food for dinner. Not really sure what I feel like eating tonite.
    My Next Disneyland Vacation - ​May 29, 2014 - June 5, 2014

    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

  10. #970

    • Dreaming in Fantasyland
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,994

    Re: RCMC #134 You Have to Be a Little Crazy to Have A Lot of Fun

    Hey guys, said I'd stop by more often, so here I am School is still keeping me busy! I applied to transfer from community college to a state school for next Fall! So that's exciting! In my drawing class we're drawing fabric with charcoal, and in one of my design classes i'm sewing an eiffel tower I've been struggling all day trying to figure out a pattern for the underside of it. Haven't figured that out yet, wish me luck!

    Happy Saturday to you guys too
    :¨·.·¨:
    `·.Michelle


    ╰⊰⊹⊹⊱╮
    () ()
    (. .)
    ( , , )

    .:Was MichelleCutie on VMK and now MeShellMyBelle:.
    The Random Lady in Waiting

  11. #971

    •   
    • Daffy about Disneyland
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    53,037
    Blog Entries
    119

    Re: RCMC #134 You Have to Be a Little Crazy to Have A Lot of Fun

    Bumping this thread to the top of the Fun and Games Lounge.
    My Next Disneyland Vacation - ​May 29, 2014 - June 5, 2014

    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

  12. #972

    • Never give in.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    In tha hood
    Posts
    18,190

    Re: RCMC #134 You Have to Be a Little Crazy to Have A Lot of Fun

    Someone just knocked on the door...and I'm alone. Should I panic?


    Also, hi.


    Loool.
    ♥ "Don't care about all the pain in front of me
    'Cause I'm just trying to be happy." ♥




  13. #973

    • RCMC: Java Junkie
    • Online

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Castro Valley, CA
    Posts
    5,801

    Re: RCMC #134 You Have to Be a Little Crazy to Have A Lot of Fun

    Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    I did go to the emergency room after but I haven't been to any "regular" doctor since I don't have medical insurance. Then again, I could submit those to have her insurance pay off too. But yeah.... as much as I just want it to all be over, I think talking to an attorney is what I'm going to have to do since I know jack diddle about accidents and insurance and stuff.

    And I was in such a funk last night I started drinking heavily. But.... it was Pepsi I started drinking! I know I'll never be an alcoholic since in a time of stress I didn't hit the booze... I hit the soda. I usually allow myself one glass a day. I think I drank most of a two liter bottle last night.
    Exactly right with submitting all bills for the other insurance company to pay for it. They should also be suppling you with a rental car until yours gets taken care of. So I would hold on to those receipts as well. My chiropractor had a decent amount of info to share with me but then he has dealt with many insurance companies when a lot of his clients come walking in from a car accident. One really good point he told me is to have everything put in writing. That eliminates the hearsay of telephone conversations between you and the insurance companies. That way having a paper trail will benefit you and then you don't have to remember everything since it would be in written correspondence. If you have any friends who are claims adjusters they could help you out quite a bit and explain the insurance formalities & legalities of it all. Like I said before, don't let either of the insurance companies rush you through anything and to settle right away, especially when your injuries aren't healed yet. Depending on the extent of your injuries it could be a few more months before their entirely healed. I still get flare ups and it's been almost a year for me. Unfortunately a person never completely recovers from back and neck injuries. If you settle before your done being treated, you can't submit any future medical bills. Just some stuff to think about and to keep in the back of your mind through all the craziness. If your seriously thinking of consulting an attorney its always better to do so sooner in the process than later. After that you'll have to decide whether you think retaining an attorney is worth the cost in the end. If their going to get you tens of thousands of dollars then I suggest using an attorney but if your looking at $10k or less, I would negotiate on my own. Only for the simple fact that attorneys will retain 33-40% of what they get for you on top of whatever their costs are. Currently my insurance company will only give $6k and I negotiated that on my own. If I got an attorney they may get $10k for me but in the end I would get less that way then what I've already negotiated on my own so far. On Tuesday I'll visit my chiropractor and see what final paperwork they've given my insurance as far as what % I healed out at. And if nothing has been sent then I'll have them write up something and see if that raises the settlement amount. And if not then I'll settle out at the $6k. Since mine is for an uninsured motorist claim, CA law says within 2 years I have to do one of three things, settle with insurance, start arbitration, or file a complaint in court.

  14. #974

    •   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Posts
    65,380
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: RCMC #134 You Have to Be a Little Crazy to Have A Lot of Fun

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    I almost have that afghan finished that I have been crocheting for my neighbor. It will be her Christmas present. I will be super glad when it is complete.

    I need to go find some food for dinner. Not really sure what I feel like eating tonite.
    I have so much crocheting I need to do...


    Quote Originally Posted by Disneylander36011 View Post
    Hey guys, said I'd stop by more often, so here I am School is still keeping me busy! I applied to transfer from community college to a state school for next Fall! So that's exciting! In my drawing class we're drawing fabric with charcoal, and in one of my design classes i'm sewing an eiffel tower I've been struggling all day trying to figure out a pattern for the underside of it. Haven't figured that out yet, wish me luck!

    Happy Saturday to you guys too
    Hey!!! Glad you could stop by! Sounds like school is keeping you busy but it sounds like a fun busy!


    Quote Originally Posted by PiG_GuRl View Post
    Someone just knocked on the door...and I'm alone. Should I panic?


    Also, hi.


    Loool.
    Maybe you knocked so you could scare yourself?

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Disneylandfan View Post
    Exactly right with submitting all bills for the other insurance company to pay for it. They should also be suppling you with a rental car until yours gets taken care of. So I would hold on to those receipts as well. My chiropractor had a decent amount of info to share with me but then he has dealt with many insurance companies when a lot of his clients come walking in from a car accident. One really good point he told me is to have everything put in writing. That eliminates the hearsay of telephone conversations between you and the insurance companies. That way having a paper trail will benefit you and then you don't have to remember everything since it would be in written correspondence. If you have any friends who are claims adjusters they could help you out quite a bit and explain the insurance formalities & legalities of it all. Like I said before, don't let either of the insurance companies rush you through anything and to settle right away, especially when your injuries aren't healed yet. Depending on the extent of your injuries it could be a few more months before their entirely healed. I still get flare ups and it's been almost a year for me. Unfortunately a person never completely recovers from back and neck injuries. If you settle before your done being treated, you can't submit any future medical bills. Just some stuff to think about and to keep in the back of your mind through all the craziness. If your seriously thinking of consulting an attorney its always better to do so sooner in the process than later. After that you'll have to decide whether you think retaining an attorney is worth the cost in the end. If their going to get you tens of thousands of dollars then I suggest using an attorney but if your looking at $10k or less, I would negotiate on my own. Only for the simple fact that attorneys will retain 33-40% of what they get for you on top of whatever their costs are. Currently my insurance company will only give $6k and I negotiated that on my own. If I got an attorney they may get $10k for me but in the end I would get less that way then what I've already negotiated on my own so far. On Tuesday I'll visit my chiropractor and see what final paperwork they've given my insurance as far as what % I healed out at. And if nothing has been sent then I'll have them write up something and see if that raises the settlement amount. And if not then I'll settle out at the $6k. Since mine is for an uninsured motorist claim, CA law says within 2 years I have to do one of three things, settle with insurance, start arbitration, or file a complaint in court.

    Seriously I just want it to be over. Since I can't go back in time and make it not happen I just want to go to sleep and wake up like 6 months from now and have it be done.

    I've had people say that many attorneys will give you one consultation for free or let you know off the bat if they think they can help you or not. I figure asking can't hurt. One of the teachers I work with said something about using PTSD... and seriously hubby was driving this morning and came up on the back end of a car what I thought was to fast and I did freak out. I was yelling at him and pushing myself backward into the seat. He thought I was nuts but it seriously freaked me out. Even if I just get some advice at to how it would be best for me to proceed it would be worth a fee to them just for my own piece of mind. But I'm starting a file folder where I am collecting every bit of paper work relating to this together.

    My big concern right now is... new wheels. We went looking on the car lot to see what they had. I did NOT like the newer Focus I sat in. (My old car was an 05 Focus) I felt like I was sitting on the ground. I felt like I was having to reach up and forward to even get the wheel and I did not feel safe and comfortable in it. The Fiesta was a bit better, but the one I sat it was a manual transmission, and I couldn't really reach the clutch very well. Hubby said to move the seat closer but.... I was in the way..... (Damn why did I let myself gain back all that weight!) Honestly I think new cars are build for young skinny people with long legs. I could of got a slightly bigger car, but with that comes a slightly bigger price tag. I don't need a brand new car, but finding one that has low mileage that I can drive comfortably might not be so easy.

    Dag nab it why does it have to be so complicated!!! I just want a car I can afford and fit in thats not super old or had a bazillion miles on it!!!





    Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!


    Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

  15. #975

    • RCMC: Java Junkie
    • Online

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Castro Valley, CA
    Posts
    5,801

    Re: RCMC #134 You Have to Be a Little Crazy to Have A Lot of Fun

    Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    Seriously I just want it to be over. Since I can't go back in time and make it not happen I just want to go to sleep and wake up like 6 months from now and have it be done.

    I've had people say that many attorneys will give you one consultation for free or let you know off the bat if they think they can help you or not. I figure asking can't hurt. One of the teachers I work with said something about using PTSD... and seriously hubby was driving this morning and came up on the back end of a car what I thought was to fast and I did freak out. I was yelling at him and pushing myself backward into the seat. He thought I was nuts but it seriously freaked me out. Even if I just get some advice at to how it would be best for me to proceed it would be worth a fee to them just for my own piece of mind. But I'm starting a file folder where I am collecting every bit of paper work relating to this together.

    My big concern right now is... new wheels. We went looking on the car lot to see what they had. I did NOT like the newer Focus I sat in. (My old car was an 05 Focus) I felt like I was sitting on the ground. I felt like I was having to reach up and forward to even get the wheel and I did not feel safe and comfortable in it. The Fiesta was a bit better, but the one I sat it was a manual transmission, and I couldn't really reach the clutch very well. Hubby said to move the seat closer but.... I was in the way..... (Damn why did I let myself gain back all that weight!) Honestly I think new cars are build for young skinny people with long legs. I could of got a slightly bigger car, but with that comes a slightly bigger price tag. I don't need a brand new car, but finding one that has low mileage that I can drive comfortably might not be so easy.

    Dag nab it why does it have to be so complicated!!! I just want a car I can afford and fit in thats not super old or had a bazillion miles on it!!!

    You poor thing, just take it one day at a time. Not sure the price range you are trying to stick in but a Toyota Camry or Nissan Altima will give more room. Granted its a car size above what you were looking at, so yeah more money comes with it. Although hopping in a small SUV isn't a bad idea?? At least you won't be on the ground and you probably feel a bit safer.

    I understand you freaking out about the driving. I was like that for a while after my car accident. I used to look in the rear view mirror every time I was at a stop. Not too long after my accident I had a few close calls with people trying to rear end me again and YES I was having a heart attack all over again! So it'll take a little time and you'll get back into the groove.

    I understand the piece of mind and finding someone who will point you in the right direction. It's tough sometimes, but sometimes in life you do come across a decent person who will truly want to help you and your situation. That would be great if you could find an attorney who will look at your case and tell you upfront what your options are looking like. Then that way you can weigh things and decide how you want to roll with things.

    Sounds about right with the one free consultation. But the good thing is you can go to more than one attorney and get another free consultation. Compare a few of them and if their all saying the same thing, those are probably your real options. And then you can go from there.

    I've got a file folder for my accident stuff too. Its pretty thick now But I can easily find what I need and I've kept all my stuff in date order. It just made it easier for me and less confusing on myself.

    Oh and back to cars, I agree the newer compact cars do sit low to the ground. My Honda Civic is that way, I don't mind the sporty feel but it is a pain for some of my friends to get in and out of it. Hopefully you can find a car that's a few years old and in a price range that you can live with.

Similar Threads

  1. [Fun] Do you have a silly little traditions when you visit WDW?
    By LuckyJack65 in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-31-2010, 04:31 PM
  2. Do you have cute little kids?! Check these out!
    By Missviolet in forum Community Outpost
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-22-2007, 08:16 PM
  3. What are some of the neat little things you have found at Disney to do??
    By Number1Cowgirly in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 05-17-2007, 05:15 AM
  4. How many Dvd's Do you have??
    By Crazy Legs in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 03-11-2005, 11:43 PM
  5. Who would you have dinner with?
    By Emelius_Browne in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 02-16-2005, 05:09 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •