Page 97 of 135 FirstFirst ... 4787949596979899100107 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 2014

•   
    • Daffy about Disneyland

Blog Entries

Re: RCMC #134 You Have to Be a Little Crazy to Have A Lot of Fun

My husband is a car dealer's dream customer. All his new cars have been "New", and he never test drives them. He just picks out a car, and buys it. I tell him he's crazy, but he has always been happy with all his car purchases. He also did not start driving until he was in his 40's. He never needed a car to get to work, and we couldn't afford a car before that point in time. Now, he definitely must have a car, and he must keep the car he has in excellent running condition, considering all the miles that he drives each and every week day.

• Hooterville, USA

That's crazy. Did he test drive you before you were married?

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    It's nice to have stuff to read in the morning when I open up the RCMC thread. My husband is definitely looking forward to his Thanksgiving vacation. He works hard, and drives so far to work each day. I think just two more years, and he can finally quit that long commute forever. Sometimes he teases me about how I should go to work for him, and he will stay home and take care of the household stuff. Trouble is, I don't drive, and I don't have any skills to do his job. That's the trouble with being a "stay at home wife" all these years. There's pluses and minus on both fronts I guess. If I had worked, we would probably have had more money, and maybe wouldn't be so much in debt. However, there's lots that I would have missed, with my kids, and I would not have been able to help raise my grandson. I wouldn't change the way we did it. I love having my grandson close by, and I see my one son almost every day. Nowadays most households have/need 2 salaries, and I am glad that we were able to do it on just one.

Next week is my husband's birthday, and we usually start our Christmas shopping. Once Thanksgiving is behind us, I can start decorating for Christmas. We actually got a dusty of snow yesterday.

Well I am off to do the laundry, and get some housecleaning done today.
    All the time we've been married I've pretty much worked for schools, and my jobs have been part time. My husband has complained to me over and over about how I wasted my time... if I had been working a "real" job how much more money, retirement, benefits etc we would of had... But when our daughter was growing up I was on the same schedule as her... when she was out of school, I was out of school. If she was sick it was easy to trade shifts or get a sub to cover me so I could take care of her. I never had to worry about day care or baby sitters, and to me that was worth losing some of the other stuff. We always managed to cover the basics, and occasionally had enough for a few extras. Sure maybe we wouldn't be as in debt as we are if I had worked more but.... life is what it is... can't go back and only move ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas View Post

Off to see what I can get done today....

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

•   
    • Daffy about Disneyland

Blog Entries

I may post a lot about my family, and all of our ups and downs, but some things just never enter my mind to talk about.

• RCMC: Java Junkie

Car buying is easy if you just remember one thing.

1...You are the one in charge, and the sales people work for you!

Don't be shy or afraid to wait until you get what you want.
    Very sound advice indeed.

It's nice to have stuff to read in the morning when I open up the RCMC thread. My husband is definitely looking forward to his Thanksgiving vacation. He works hard, and drives so far to work each day. I think just two more years, and he can finally quit that long commute forever. Sometimes he teases me about how I should go to work for him, and he will stay home and take care of the household stuff. Trouble is, I don't drive, and I don't have any skills to do his job. That's the trouble with being a "stay at home wife" all these years. There's pluses and minus on both fronts I guess. If I had worked, we would probably have had more money, and maybe wouldn't be so much in debt. However, there's lots that I would have missed, with my kids, and I would not have been able to help raise my grandson. I wouldn't change the way we did it. I love having my grandson close by, and I see my one son almost every day. Nowadays most households have/need 2 salaries, and I am glad that we were able to do it on just one.

Next week is my husband's birthday, and we usually start our Christmas shopping. Once Thanksgiving is behind us, I can start decorating for Christmas. We actually got a dusty of snow yesterday.

Well I am off to do the laundry, and get some housecleaning done today.
    Ahh but being a housewife and mother is the hardest job someone could have and it does require skills for that. Don't short change yourself Barbara. That and raising your own children is a blessing and treasure that can't be replaced.

My husband is a car dealer's dream customer. All his new cars have been "New", and he never test drives them. He just picks out a car, and buys it. I tell him he's crazy, but he has always been happy with all his car purchases. He also did not start driving until he was in his 40's. He never needed a car to get to work, and we couldn't afford a car before that point in time. Now, he definitely must have a car, and he must keep the car he has in excellent running condition, considering all the miles that he drives each and every week day.
    At least with the commute it doesn't put "hard miles" on the vehicle. It actually adds to the longevity of the vehicle

I would've never said that to Barbara much less anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    All the time we've been married I've pretty much worked for schools, and my jobs have been part time. My husband has complained to me over and over about how I wasted my time... if I had been working a "real" job how much more money, retirement, benefits etc we would of had... But when our daughter was growing up I was on the same schedule as her... when she was out of school, I was out of school. If she was sick it was easy to trade shifts or get a sub to cover me so I could take care of her. I never had to worry about day care or baby sitters, and to me that was worth losing some of the other stuff. We always managed to cover the basics, and occasionally had enough for a few extras. Sure maybe we wouldn't be as in debt as we are if I had worked more but.... life is what it is... can't go back and only move ahead.

Off to see what I can get done today....
    Again raising your own kid is priceless! To me making the sacrifices for it is well worth it.

Well I just got stuff added to my to do list……..Gaaahhhh will this painting ever end!!!!

•   
    • Elven Queen of Caffeine

Hi y'all - sorry for the disappearing act. I've been remarkably distractable lately, and can't seem to focus on anything for long periods of time. :shrug:
    Signature courtesy of Poisonedapples

Quote Originally Posted by LadyNimrodelle View Post
    Hi y'all - sorry for the disappearing act. I've been remarkably distractable lately, and can't seem to focus on anything for long periods of time. :shrug:
    Hey there

Take care of yourself……..please And if you missed some meds, get back in the routine

Okay I've procrastinated long enough, I must get stuff done today………..gaaahhhh, I just want to go out and play. Maybe its a good thing I don't like within close proximity to Disneyland, I would probably be there waayy too often……..wait can someone really spend too much time at that place?

• Hooterville, USA

Another Tuesday and I can't wait until Thursday.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

•   
    • Daffy about Disneyland

Blog Entries

General Hospital is broadcasting, what I call, a "Crying Episode" today.

•   
    • Elven Queen of Caffeine

Quote Originally Posted by 1Disneylandfan View Post
    Hey there

Take care of yourself……..please And if you missed some meds, get back in the routine
    No missed meds, thankyouverymuch I'm actually OK, I just got caught up meeting new people on OKC and...well it has been distracting. Time to get a little balance back in life.
    Signature courtesy of Poisonedapples

No missed meds, thankyouverymuch I'm actually OK, I just got caught up meeting new people on OKC and...well it has been distracting. Time to get a little balance back in life.
    Glad to hear it!

Funny, the one thing I learned that has been the most benefit to me when I was in a 12 week depression class a few years back was "balance". That was stressed so much during those 12 weeks and I try to stay within my little balance circle. Not always easy and I do lose sight of it at times. I usually have one of my close friends who know me and how my patterns can be, will say just that one word to me "balance".

Okay back to the fighting with the closet…….

*walks in…fluffs pillows, moves remote, leaves cookies next to now hidden remote…walks out*

•   
    • Daffy about Disneyland

Blog Entries

Peach pie.

Yummy!

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Eh... I get distracted once in a while too... I'll have multiple windows open and wander out and get sidetracked and all of a sudden I realize its been a while since i peeked in!

Quote Originally Posted by 1Disneylandfan View Post
    Glad to hear it!

Funny, the one thing I learned that has been the most benefit to me when I was in a 12 week depression class a few years back was "balance". That was stressed so much during those 12 weeks and I try to stay within my little balance circle. Not always easy and I do lose sight of it at times. I usually have one of my close friends who know me and how my patterns can be, will say just that one word to me "balance".

Okay back to the fighting with the closet…….
    A few years ago, when I was in a very dark place I read a book that I credit with basically saving my sanity and life. Its called "When Things Fall Apart" by Prema Chodran. (spelling optional) One of the passages in the book that I found most profound was a section talking about the mountain... it was something along the lines of things come and go... it rains on the mountain, the wind blows.... people and animals do things to the mountain... and yet the mountain just... is. No matter what goes on to it or around it the mountain remains and just... is. For a long time after that I carried around an index card that I had done a line drawing of a mountain with the letter B on it... to remind me to be the mountain....

I think I need to re read that book again and remind myself again how to be the mountain when all around me is chaos.

https://www.goodreads.com/work/quote...ifficult-times

Peach pie.

Yummy!
    Um... that reminds me.... we have a pecan pie in the fridge a friend gave us. I like pecan pie, I just wish it were filled with pecans and not just pecans "floating" on the top of the pie.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Lord of the Sky

Blog Entries

BBQ Lunch was GREAT!( along with a can of PEPSI )

Now....Tomorrow ....I only working half day.....
    then I off for 4 days....

I be heading for IHOP for breaksfast.......Jim
    Soaring like an EAGLE !