Page 25 of 135 FirstFirst ... 1522232425262728355075125 ... LastLast

• Goofy

Re: RCMC #135 - Merry Christmas - Happy New Year

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    Ugh...I really am curious as to how far up they will go. As of today, from the website, these are the current prices:

Premium: $669
    Deluxe: $499
    Southern California: $359
    Southern California Select $279

Wow....I say within 2 years, that Premium price will easily hit the $1000 mark.
    basically that is your whole rent money there. crazy stuff lol.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I finally put all of my Christmas stuff away. This is probably the latest that I had it out.

This year, I am hoping to get back to doing my scrapbook projects. I have a lot of photos of family members that I'd like to put into scrapbooks, rather than just photo albums. I have a lot of supplies. Before I start, though, I need to sort out my supplies. It will refresh my mind as to what I actually have. I have a lot of scrapbooking stuff. I certainly don't need to buy any new.

• Elven Queen of Caffeine

Hello all, I see Clara peeked in! Hi Clara!

I'm watching the ORIGINAL "Secret Life of Walter Mitty" with Danny Kaye. I forget how good this one is. I'll see the remake on Saturday.
    Signature courtesy of Poisonedapples

• Hooterville, USA

Started watching Saving Mr. Banks but it was a snoozer. Maybe it's just not my kind of movie.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

•   
    • RCMC: Java Junkie

Here is my mini trip report from when I recently went to the DLR last year. Didn't get the pictures from my sister but I did steal some photos off FB from my niece

The day starts out at 3:30am (yes you read that correctly) on Friday 12/27/13. Ready to leave for the airport at 4:40am for a 6:15am flight. Fortunately we were carrying on our luggage so no need to check baggage. Good thing because the line for Southwest check-in was outrageous. I did online check-in and printed our boarding passes the day before. So we get to proceed to the security line...

Get to our gate and its 5:15am. No one there but at least the plane is. Only 30 people on our flight to Burbank. Why Burbank you might think?? Because it was only $54 each way. Orange County sells out fast when Southwest runs a sale like that. Anyway, sat in front row so we could be first to exit plane

Arrive in Burbank at 7:10am and if you know anything about the Burbank Airport your out on the curb in no time. Walked to the end of terminal and picked up the rental car and off we went. Currently only 7:30am. It was a brand new Toyota Corolla, pretty nifty car with lots of gadgets. Anyway, traffic wasn't too bad. We exited Harbor Blvd about 8:30am and it was already a balmy 61 degrees with blue skies. And the masses had already ensued the crosswalk to Disneyland and along Harbor Blvd.

Checked-in at the Anaheim Desert Inn and Suites and parked the car. And by 8:45am we were walking across the street to Disneyland! Which was perfect timing because my sister, brother-in-law and youngest niece were riding the tram to DTD. A ton of people at the security tents. But I walked all the way to the end where no one was and walked right thru.

DCA was our first place to enter and meet up. And my family had just walked thru the gates as well a few minutes before us. My sister and niece headed for the RSR fast pass line. We met up with them and all got our fast passes together. We got return times of 7:10-8:10pm. Ariel was the 1st ride they wanted to do.

You can't see me but I am riding with my niece in that clamshell She hasn't been in 3 years and she was so excited!

Okay after that we went and got tickets for WOC that night. We got yellow section at 8:45pm show. Never been in the yellow section. I've done blue pretty much. Now is when I get to do what I do best at the DLR, be lead person and show them around and try to keep up on ride times. Being that the previous year I went to the DLR 5 times before my AP expired and knew what to expect in Cars Land and at the resort period during Christmas season I made a few suggestions. So single rider for RSR it was, and that was a 50 min wait, regular line was 2+ plus hours and it wasn't even 10am yet. Next suggestion stay in one park and do everything there instead of hopping back and forth. That was a no, but I'm just along for the ride and be their personal tour guide. Gave them the reminder that the gates will close at some point for Disneyland today, which they did around 12pm. So if you have any plans or intentions on going their today you better hop over pretty soon. So we did around 11am.

Yaay to be back home in Disneyland! My niece happy as can be!

First thing was get a locker and ditch some jackets and such. It was already 70+ degrees probably in the middle somewhere. Since the new Starbucks was right there we all opted for coffee as well. So frappucinnos for all and a breakfast sandwich. BTW creme' brûlée frap was awesome! Now off to Space Mountain to get fast passes. We barely got any, our return time was between 11pm and midnight.

Then my niece ran into a friend and their family who was there. They hung out with us off and on over the next few days. And they were a lot of fun. So they all chatted for a while and I look down the walkway and see what looks to be a cousin of mine. Yes it sure is, so he now joins up too!

They want to ride Indiana Jones or at least get fast passes for it. So we head over there and the lines were so confusing. What looked like the line for Jungle Cruise was actually the fast pass line for Indiana Jones. It went quick since they had a CM who had a handful of them just passing out for the amount in your party. The standby line was at 70 mins.

Its now around noon and I reminded everyone everything will have long lines even for the bathroom. You'll waste too much time trying to run around a crowded park trying to hop on rides that have a minimal wait time. Choose an area and the rides you want and wait out the lines. So to a certain extent they did. They chose rides they wanted and waited out the time. I kept in the back of my mind when we had to hop back over to DCA for RSR fast pass and the WOC show and when we were going to squeeze in dinner. I suggested early dinner between 4-5pm.

Now its off to Pirates and finding where the end of the line was. What looked like the normal walkway along the ROA wasn't. It was the extended que for Pirates.

And it wrapped up the bridge and back down.

So about 45 mins later we were riding Pirates but I have to say with all the extension of the line que it moved along the whole time and didn't stop much. Here is my oldest sister and niece just before boarding.

We moved on to Haunted Mansion after this since it was right next door. It was about a 25-30 min wait. After that we moved on to Fantasyland. First Mr. Toads wild ride, Pinnocchio, Snow White.

It did turn out to be quite a beautiful day. I think on Friday it topped out just above 80°. The evening wasn't too bad, only needed a light jacket or sweatshirt. I think after that we took a ride on the train but only from Tomorrowland to New Orleans Square. We got off there to eat an early dinner at the French Market. I got the jambalaya plate, my Mom, niece and cousin all got the chicken caesar salad, my sister got the red beans and rice plate, and my brother-in-law got the meatloaf plate. Everyone enjoyed their food and we got to relax for a bit and the band started playing so it was pretty nice.

Next up my nieces friend and family met up with us and we did single rider for Matterhorn and only waited 10 mins or so. I think standby was 90 mins at about 6pm. After that we used our fast passes for Indiana Jones. That whole area is pretty confusing when it comes to lines and the crowds trying to get through. I mean there really isn't a way to rope off an area for fast pass entrance. You could hardly move through the Adventure Land area.

Evening was in full swing by now and Main Street was pretty packed. But we had to brave it so that we could hop over to DCA and use our fast passes for RSR and watch WOC. Since we got our fast passes before running into my cousin and even knowing he was there he didn't have passes for either one. So I gave him my fast pass for RSR to ride with my whole family. He's never been and I've been on it a whole bunch of times in the previous year.

So the other best thing I do while at Disneyland is to collect coffee. My sister and cousin wanted coffee so I went to Starbucks while they ran off to Cars Land. And on the walk over there I was able to capture a few pictures. I love Cars Land at night. But just before heading over here is a shot of Hollywood Land from Carthay Circle.

And now on to Cars Land at night!

Family had a great time riding together on RSR. We headed over to WOC for the show it was after 8pm by then. My cousin was tired so he left for the night. He was staying over in Buena Park. We got to our section of yellow and it was mostly filled up already. I felt bad for my family because we didn't get that great of a viewing spot. But then after the show was done my niece said she wasn't impressed with the winter version of WOC then I didn't feel bad anymore I wasn't impressed with the show either. Although the ending was quite spectacular with all the lights running along the backdrop of CA Screamin'.

At that point it was 9:20pm and I was beat. I've been awake since 3:30am and went to bed after 11pm the night before so I was out of steam. My niece's friend and family met up with them and the hopped back over to Disneyland and kept going. So I gave my niece our fast passes for Space Mountain.

My Mom and I walked across the street to our hotel and watched some of the fireworks going off as we walked over. And I was in bed by 10pm. Planned on doing park opening the next morning. My family was planning on it as well but I know better, they never want to get out of bed early enough.

At some point that night after we left my niece got this picture of goodies.

Its now the next day Saturday 12/28/13 and my Mom and I are lined up at the DCA gates at 7:20am and its a big crowd of people waiting. I called my family and they weren't awake yet. I wasn't surprised, but they got back to the hotel about 1am. Around 7:30am they let us through the gates for rope drop. Some people lined up for the RSR fast pass line. Once they were officially open the majority of the crowds went over to Cars Land. My Mom and I headed for Toy Story. That was a 5 min wait. I wanted coffee and checked the line at Starbucks and it was to the door. I texted my cousin and he was over in Disneyland waiting in line for Space Mountain.

So I said lets hop over to Disneyland and meet up with him. We got a locker for our things. I popped into Starbucks there and the line was long as well but it moved pretty quickly. I got a white chocolate mocha and a breakfast sandwich. My Mom got a soy latte and a maple oat scone.

Waited for my cousin to exit Buzz Lightyear and while waiting my sister texts me that they are on their way to the parks and it was after 10am by then. Asked me to get a locker for them so had to run back over there. Finally met up with my cousin and we headed over to Pirates. While we were on the ride my niece text me that they were in line for Peter Pan and to meet them there afterwards.

And my niece wasn't kidding when she said come over to the side where Snow White's wishing well is. They had just walked through the castle when we got there. It was probably close to a 90 min wait. Fantasyland was pretty crowded. We went on Alice in Wonderland after that. Met up with my niece's friend and family at Innoventions after that. My family has never been in there. I went in there for the first time 2 years ago. Its fun and pretty cool in there. And if you want somewhere to sit and relax that is the place to go. Just before entering I took these pictures.

When we came out we headed over to the Tiki Room. While waiting some of us got Dole Whips! Afterwards some people were still thinking of food so we went over to the hub and got in line for the chimichanga cart. I went to the locker and got our jackets since it was semi close by and the sun was going to be going down soon. While we sat and took a little break I took a picture of the castle.

We hopped on the train from Main Street with the intention of making the full loop. But half way around we decided to get off at Toon Town to watch a show that was new to me. It was Mickey and the Magical Map. It's a live musical show. It was actually quite good. Tried to get a few pictures.

After exiting the show we headed over to the French Market again, for dinner. It was probably 6:30pm or so. All the adults went to eat and the kids decided to go on the Matterhorn and use the single rider line. I got the chicken caesar salad this time and its quite good. The kids showed up not too long after and ate with us.

Since it was close to Fantasmic starting we stood and watched most of it. Afterwards my niece decided she wanted to go Small World. Okay, kind of bad timing when the show lets out and you can't move. Finally got around by walking through the backside of Thunder Mountain. Being that the fireworks were just finishing up as well, they had it roped off and you had to wait. But we got this picture.

It was after 11pm when we finished up there. Everyone is pretty much worn out and done for the day. So we head for Main Street. On the way out we hit up the Emporium Store for a little shopping. I didn't get anything but my cousin bought a few mugs to bring back.

It was about 11:30pm when we walked through the turnstiles. When I'll be back again? Not really sure, and I don't have anything planned out for it this year. So it was bye to Disneyland for now. And it was bye to my family as well. They had another day in the parks on Sunday while my Mom and I were headed back home early that morning.

Shortly after I got home late Sunday morning I got a text from my sister saying they miss their own special guide. So I looked up some wait times for them and they parks were pretty calm that morning and they said the same thing. They spent most of their day at DCA and hopped over to Disneyland late that afternoon. They enjoyed everything to the last minute and just like us when the walked throughout the turnstiles that night, it was bye to Disneyland for now not knowing when they'll be back.

In a nutshell I had a fantastic time with my family. It was super crowded but I went in knowing that and didn't have any expectations. I went to be able to hang out with my family. I can say I'll never go during that time frame again and they said the same

Hope everyone enjoyed!

• world class bilge rat

Those old movies were really well done. Great plots and storylines and very well cast.

Can't say the same about most recent ones.....

• Goofy

great pictures thanks

• world class bilge rat

Wow, Lori; just wow. That was one of the best TRs I've ever seen.

I don't know which was better, the pics or the narration. But both were exceptionally good.

Great work!!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Thanks for the trip report Lori. I always love looking at pictures of Disneyland/DCA. It's nice that you got to spend holiday time with your family.

•   

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
    great pictures thanks
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by micromind View Post
    Wow, Lori; just wow. That was one of the best TRs I've ever seen.

I don't know which was better, the pics or the narration. But both were exceptionally good.

Great work!!
    Thanks Rob. I actually enjoyed telling the stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    Thanks for the trip report Lori. I always love looking at pictures of Disneyland/DCA. It's nice that you got to spend holiday time with your family.
    Thanks Barbara. I'm going to see if I can get more pictures from my sister. That will probably mean I'll have to actually just go to her house and download them from her camera myself. Good thing she only lives 10 mins from me

I forgot to add that on Saturday they closed the gates to Disneyland again about mid-day. Forgot to mention that I rode the Mark Twain Saturday morning. It was cool, maybe because it was still morning and the sun was out and the back of the park at the time was still quiet.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Mini Trip report!!! Holy cow the crowds were insane!!! But glad you had a good time with the fam and thanks for sharing!!!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

•   

Thanks Pengy!

Yes the crowds were insane but funny enough it didn't bother me too much. Probably because I mentally prepared myself for that. I just went with whatever my family wanted to do and enjoyed my time with them.

My family said the next time they come back during a holiday season they're going in November. They actually want to go on Thanksgiving Day one of these years.

I should probably go to bed.

• Elven Queen of Caffeine

Yay! Great TR, Lori! Glad you had fun!!!
    Signature courtesy of Poisonedapples

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Bed sounds good to me... I think I'll nanner on out...

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by kirstenh View Post
    I have noticed that he's getting taller with a deeper voice but we watch every week so it was a more gradual transition for me. What was more of a shocker is that the actress who plays Alex seems to have "developed" over the summer, so now the actress who plays a nerdy wallflower has the body of a Victoria's secret model. They play it down by dressing her modestly but you can still see it and it's kind of funny.
    I'll have to look next time. Has she been in anything else?

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    Ugh...I really am curious as to how far up they will go. As of today, from the website, these are the current prices:

Premium: $669
    Deluxe: $499
    Southern California: $359
    Southern California Select $279

Wow....I say within 2 years, that Premium price will easily hit the $1000 mark.
    I suspect it will go to $699, then somewhere under $750. No more than $50 per year until it reaches 1k.

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas View Post
    Started watching Saving Mr. Banks but it was a snoozer. Maybe it's just not my kind of movie.
    Too much talky not enough parky?

It's really late and I know I haven't posted much this evening at all. It took forever to post this.

Thanks for the TR Lori.

Nanners.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.