Page 5 of 135 FirstFirst ... 2345678153055105 ... LastLast

• Under that tree again!

Re: RCMC #135 - Merry Christmas - Happy New Year

Quote Originally Posted by micromind View Post
    This is the most effective way to get and keep the best people. In any business.......
    Ultimately we decide to treat our employees how we wanted to be treated when we were employees. It's really simple, when we had problems, we try to keep those problems from happening. We just invest in the people and get a big return.

Quote Originally Posted by 1Disneylandfan View Post
    Swampy sounds like a nice guy to work for

Growing up as a kid the grocery stores were closed by 6pm on Christmas Eve and closed on Christmas Day. Pretty much the only things you would find open on Christmas Day were gas stations and 7/11 stores. But now the greed of big business has taken over.
    I think the egg came first. People want to shop more. I think it has to do with the I need it now system.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Lord of the Sky

Blog Entries

It's so Peacefull out side.......I can see many,many, stars......
    I find myself being part of them......it bring me JOY!

Find myself tire as well.......time to Nanner out
    All have a restfull night....... Jim
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas View Post
    today is Christmas Eve Eve. I am excited!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by coopercaseycody View Post
    Happy Holidays!
    Kim!!! Good to see you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    This is the shortest week ever. We have about a quarter of the office here right now and tomorrow is a half day and from talking to people I think just a handful coming in. I think these people are really using busy as an excuse but have nowhere to go for the holiday.

Tomorrow I want to leave by late afternoon to get to my parents. I'm thinking of taking the 5 or so people that come out to lunch. Think I should offer drinks too? I'm worried a couple people may get depressed.
    Swampy, how far away are your parents? I hope you have a safe journey!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayley B View Post
    Yes, this past 2 weeks, I've been working 60 hours. I so missed seeing the daylight during that time. Right now, I am enjoying 4 days off (as I know of, right now).

I hope everything is well with you.
    Hayley!! Good to see you too! Sorry you are having to put in so many hours, but glad that you have a job!

Quote Originally Posted by coopercaseycody View Post
    Saving Mr. Banks is a great movie!
    Thought I'd mention that.
    Sure have missed you guys.
    We've missed you too!

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleman View Post
    I going to see it this week..........looking forward to it....
    and tomorrow Iam going to walk around at KNOTT's Caft Fair
    something to do for free on Christmas Eve.
    Jimmy
    Oooh Knott's Craft fair!! That sounds really cool! I'd love to see that!

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
    merry christmas room. hope you have a wonderful safe christmas
    Merry Christmas Rex!

Quote Originally Posted by kirstenh View Post
    I only have a few small things to do, then I am ready for Christmas. I'm only making dinner for myself, my boyfriend, his mom and my uncle so it will be pretty easy. I'm making a ham and scalloped potatoes, my uncle is brining a green bean casserole and his mom I think is brining a salad and rolls. I will make a pear pie tomorrow.

Today I need to tidy up the house a bit, return a pair of earrings I bought and pick up one more item each for Darren and my uncle. I know what I'm getting them so it should be easy. Then stop at the post office to figure out postage for a card I'm sending to my friend in Canada. Then a quick stop at the store to pick up a few things and then home.
    Umm... pear pie... that sounds interesting. I've never heard of a pear pie! I just had my first sweet potato pie a few weeks ago. It was actually very good.

I do not think so Hayley....Dinner.....
    KNOTT"S CHICKEN ...of course ,I guess ,Ican put boysenberrysyrup,on it?
    Ummm Knotts chicken dinner.... second only to the Plaza Inn's chicken...

It's my company so basically I'll be the manager today and for the half day tomorrow. Another partner will be doing Thursday and Friday so I can be off.

Our policy is any one is welcome to take this week and next week off, using their paid days or take them unpaid. It really helps some of the employees who are parents and makes it easy for those who travel. We don't want anyone to feel like they are committed to work, we want them to enjoy the Holiday.
    Thats awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    My son works in a grocery store, and he has to work Christmas Eve. That means that he will miss our annual family Christmas Eve Party. That's when my husband's family always comes over. We have done that my entire married life.

I remember the the days when grocery stores closed at 5/6 p.m. They were never opened on Christmas Day at all.

Another time, another mindset.
    Seriously.... now they are open no matter what. But I for one refuse to go shopping on the holiday. I do go the day after Christmas if I'm not working, just for the half price stuff...

Swampy sounds like a nice guy to work for

Growing up as a kid the grocery stores were closed by 6pm on Christmas Eve and closed on Christmas Day. Pretty much the only things you would find open on Christmas Day were gas stations and 7/11 stores. But now the greed of big business has taken over.
    And thats totally what it is... greed. On both sides. I cringe when I read news stories about people Black Friday shopping and getting in fights and attacking other people... for heavens sake... its a THING!!! And seriously, the prices are NOT that spectacular that I would risk life and limb to save $2-3 bucks on a THING.

Quote Originally Posted by kirstenh View Post
    Got all my errands run, now just to wrap prezzies tonight and mop and make Kahula, pie and banana nut bread tomorrow.
    Oooh Kahula!! One of the things I'm going to try to make is a Kahula pumpkin cheesecake. We'll see how it turns out.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

Nanners Jim!! Its to cold to go out and look at the stars here! I do want to go out and take a picture of the Mickey light outline in my kitchen window. Its the only lights I put up this year. But I already showered and my hair is still wet so I'll have to try to go out tomorrow and see if I can get a picture.

all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Under that tree again!

My parents are a few hours away. Drive should be pretty steady the whole way.

My sister's family may come tomorrow night. I might go to there house and pick up my niece and nephew and go to the parks during the day.

I guess everyone went to bed. Nanners.
    Last edited by swampymarsh; 12-23-2013 at 10:51 PM.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

•   
    • RCMC: Java Junkie

I think the egg came first. People want to shop more. I think it has to do with the I need it now system.
    Yes, it's a combo of the I need it now (or yesterday), greed of business and people and the me 1st attitude of people in general. Pretty sad actually.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    And thats totally what it is... greed. On both sides. I cringe when I read news stories about people Black Friday shopping and getting in fights and attacking other people... for heavens sake... its a THING!!! And seriously, the prices are NOT that spectacular that I would risk life and limb to save $2-3 bucks on a THING.
    That's exactly it, a "thing". I like your viewpoint Pengy!

My sister's family may come tomorrow night. I might go to there house and pick up my niece and nephew and go to the parks during the day.
    Sounds fun and been tracking the weather it should be beautiful during the day

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

That's exactly it, a "thing". I like your viewpoint Pengy!
    I have many "things" in my life.... I am fortunate enough to over the years been able to acquire a house full of "stuff." But thats all it is... stuff. Some of it makes my life easier, some of it is just for fun but in the end its just stuff... and I don't need to stand in line for hours and hours getting pissed off at other people just to save a few bucks on more crap that I really, seriously don't need that bad. Thats why we stopped exchanging Christmas gifts some years ago. If I NEED something, I'll go get it. Other wise the important thing to be is to be with people and spend the day eating, relaxing and enjoying being alive. It would be more important to be to be able to be with family and friends than to go out and buy "things."

And my brain is getting fuzzy so I'm not sure that even made any sense. I think I'd better nanner on out too!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Merry Christmas Eve.

It will be a busy day for me. It will start with me wrapping all of the gifts we are giving, and then piling them up around the tree. Sometimes there isn't enough room under my skinny tree, so we also pile them up in a second corner. On Christmas Eve, there is always about 12 of us family, and a few friends.

I need to to clean out the refrigerator, and do a small amount of food preparation. My brother in law usually brings the bulk of the meal. I am very appreciative of that.

It is my usual laundry day. I may try and do a few loads, just so I do not get too far behind.

• Hooterville, USA

Time to shop. Waited 364 days to do it.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I hope that you find the absolute perfect Christmas gifts.

My presents are all wrapped, and lie waiting to be opened tonite.

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

You couldn't get me near a store today for all the money in the world!! Well... thats not totally true. I'll have to hit the grocery store today to pick up some last minute stuff for tomorrow but other than that..

Time to go fix breakfast, double check my grocery list and get a few more things done!

• Delawarean Girl

I do not think so Hayley....Dinner.....
    KNOTT"S CHICKEN ...of course ,I guess ,Ican put boysenberrysyrup,on it?
    awww, I've never really been there to know what they have good for dinner. All I know is that I love there boysenberry stuff. Syrup, Cookies, Juice. Jelly, &, etc.

• Delawarean Girl

Hayley!! Good to see you too! Sorry you are having to put in so many hours, but glad that you have a job!
    Good to always see you Pengy . Yes the important part is that I'm holding on a job right now. I hope I get kept this time. I'm still on a temp badge right now. I hope that you are having a joyful Holiday.

• Lord of the Sky

Blog Entries

You couldn't get me near a store today for all the money in the world!! Well... thats not totally true. I'll have to hit the grocery store today to pick up some last minute stuff for tomorrow but other than that..

Time to go fix breakfast, double check my grocery list and get a few more things done!
    AUNT PENGY
    Chistmas......I keep things ,very simple as possible.........
    for Iam only one...
    less I do not have to, make mountain out of a moe hill.....
    Just enjoying my time off...care free......and stay away from shopping area's LOL...JIM
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

• Lord of the Sky

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hayley B View Post
    awww, I've never really been there to know what they have good for dinner. All I know is that I love there boysenberry stuff. Syrup, Cookies, Juice. Jelly, &, etc.
    well
    Smucker's food division of Knott's Berry Farm,
    but not the theme park, which Cedar Fair owns.
    Knott's family, sold out ,long time ago...
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

Page 5 of 135 FirstFirst ... 2345678153055105 ... LastLast