Page 56 of 135 FirstFirst ... 63146535455565758596681106 ... LastLast
Results 826 to 840 of 2013
  1. #826

    •   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Posts
    65,601
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: RCMC #135 - Merry Christmas - Happy New Year

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    I suddenly have a mad desire to make chicken stew. I am going to the grocery store tomorrow, so I'll shop for some key ingredients. I have never made chicken stew before. I am sure that I can probably find a fairly easy recipe online.
    Where did that come from!! Sounds good though.... and I'm sure there are tons of recipies online!

    Quote Originally Posted by Eagleman View Post
    Well
    I had a SO,SO.....day at work T G I F ......
    at Lunch a co-worker Gal...went to BLACK BEAR ,

    and she got me a ,BBQ, Bacond ,Cheese Burger.....mmmmmm
    That Burger was 1/2 pound ,thick......Woe
    It was so GOOD!
    Now I hope the rest weekend can be restful........Jim

    Jim
    There you go again.... eating at Black Bear when I don't have one. We do have a new Asian Buffet place. Ate lunch there today. Wasn't to bad. Not the best Asian Buffet I've ever had but it was pretty tasty and I enjoyed it. I'm just happy to have some place different to eat at.

    Quote Originally Posted by micromind View Post
    The Western BBQ Hamburger is one of my favorite things at Black bear. I also like the Tri-Tips and the Hot Turkey Sandwich.

    These days, it's sort of become a habit....Black Bear on Monday, cook something myself on Tuesday, Pizza on Wednesday, cook again on Thursday and Friday, lunch at The Sizzler Saturday, and Sunday maybe go out, maybe cook something.
    You are such a creature of habit! I do like Sizzler... I like their salad bar. They always have good salads!




    Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!


    Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

  2. #827

    •   
    • Chicago Gal
    • Online

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    53,983
    Blog Entries
    120

    Re: RCMC #135 - Merry Christmas - Happy New Year

    My tastebuds are in a rut, so I'm looking for some new things to eat. I just wish I could get the rest of my family members to try some new dishes. My husband is the worst. He won't eat chicken, or pork. He only eats turkey on holidays. Most of the stuff I make for him, and my son and grandson has groundbeef. So boring.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

  3. #828

    •   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Posts
    65,601
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: RCMC #135 - Merry Christmas - Happy New Year

    My husband has no adventure when it comes to food. He pretty much eats the same stuff. And he hates Asian food... the fact that he actually went to the Asian Buffet today is a miracle. Of course I told him they have salads and fruit... which is true... and he could eat that. And thats most of what he had. He did try some of the fish and mystery meat on a stick they had... it was greasy he said but not bad.




    Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!


    Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

  4. #829

    • Lord of the Sky
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    o.c. Calif
    Posts
    19,640
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: RCMC #135 - Merry Christmas - Happy New Year

    Rob and Aunt Pengy
    it's funny you guy's brought up Sizzler!
    I went there last sunday night to check out
    All You Can Eat ....rib's.....
    It has been many years ...I have been at a Sizzler...
    for me they was not worst ribs .....same time time they was not the best....

    As for Black Bear ever Thing ,I had there has been GREAT......
    even Chicken Pot Pie.....again ,mmmmmmmmm

    I just wish they was closer to me at home......(they are near work)
    But if I had the time......they are worth a drive ......

    Jim
    Last edited by Eagleman; 01-24-2014 at 08:16 PM.
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

  5. #830

    • Lord of the Sky
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    o.c. Calif
    Posts
    19,640
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: RCMC #135 - Merry Christmas - Happy New Year

    Speaking of Western....
    I have a 85 WesternMovie call
    "SILVERADO"
    Good time to have a bag Popcorn and a glass of PEPSI!


    Jim
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

  6. #831

    •   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Posts
    65,601
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: RCMC #135 - Merry Christmas - Happy New Year

    Quote Originally Posted by Eagleman View Post
    Rob and Aunt Pengy
    it's funny you guy's brought up Sizzler!
    I went there last sunday night to check out
    All You Can Eat ....rib's.....
    It has been many years ...I have been at a Sizzler...
    for me they was not worst ribs .....same time time they was not the best....

    As for Black Bear ever Thing ,I had there has been GREAT......
    even Chicken Pot Pie.....again ,mmmmmmmmm

    I just wish they was closer to me at home......(they are near work)
    But if I had the time......they are worth a drive ......

    Jim
    Since we do have a Sizzler here I go there once in a while.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eagleman View Post
    Speaking of Western....
    I have a 85 WesternMovie call
    "SILVERADO"
    Good time to have a bag Popcorn and a glass of PEPSI!


    Jim
    Yes for the popcorn and Pepsi!!!! I am stuffed but the Pepsi sounds good! But I'm being good and drinking some water. Starting to get RBS however... might have to wander out for a bit




    Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!


    Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

  7. #832

    • Not on the Jedi Council
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    676

    Re: RCMC #135 - Merry Christmas - Happy New Year

    Barbaraann, I know your grandson's pain. I was laid off last February, and I am still looking for work. The good news for me today was that I am getting a really nice tax refund that will keep me going for at least a few months longer.

    Sorry about not being back sooner, I had dinner with a friend last night.

    So, Wednesday I was lucky enough to meet Marty Sklar, the former President of Imagineering who was there for fifty four years. I got a signed copy of his book, and he signed my last Dland pass till I get more work. It was a panel for UCLA Alumni, as Marty was UCLA Class of 1957.

    The panel went from 7-9:30, and Mary showed us all sorts of videos, including the pitch reel Walt did for Epcot that Marty wrote the script for, and was the last time Mr. Disney was on film before he passed. He showed us concept art, and the plots of land for every single theme park from the one in Anaheim to Shanghai... the land with all trees cleared before building started. He gave us Mickey's 10 Commandments (such as Know your audience!), showed us videos of his old office, and it really was a great evening. He was asked his favorite song from Frozen, and he said it was a great movie, and he just wishes Pixar could incorporate songs better in their movies.

  8. #833

    •   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Posts
    65,601
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: RCMC #135 - Merry Christmas - Happy New Year

    Quote Originally Posted by QuiGonJ View Post
    Barbaraann, I know your grandson's pain. I was laid off last February, and I am still looking for work. The good news for me today was that I am getting a really nice tax refund that will keep me going for at least a few months longer.

    Sorry about not being back sooner, I had dinner with a friend last night.

    So, Wednesday I was lucky enough to meet Marty Sklar, the former President of Imagineering who was there for fifty four years. I got a signed copy of his book, and he signed my last Dland pass till I get more work. It was a panel for UCLA Alumni, as Marty was UCLA Class of 1957.

    The panel went from 7-9:30, and Mary showed us all sorts of videos, including the pitch reel Walt did for Epcot that Marty wrote the script for, and was the last time Mr. Disney was on film before he passed. He showed us concept art, and the plots of land for every single theme park from the one in Anaheim to Shanghai... the land with all trees cleared before building started. He gave us Mickey's 10 Commandments (such as Know your audience!), showed us videos of his old office, and it really was a great evening. He was asked his favorite song from Frozen, and he said it was a great movie, and he just wishes Pixar could incorporate songs better in their movies.
    Sorry about getting laid off!! I don't care how much they talk about how better the economy is getting... its still rough out there, and a lot of people are still struggling. But glad you had dinner with a friend! Thats always fun to get out once in a while!

    The meet and panel sounds like it was great fun! Through MC I've meet/seen a lot of Disney celebs, but he's one that I haven't seen yet. Interesting thought about music and Pixar... I still haven't seen Frozen.... I'll probably just buy it when it comes out on DVD.




    Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!


    Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

  9. #834

    •   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Posts
    65,601
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: RCMC #135 - Merry Christmas - Happy New Year

    Ok.... bed time for me... nanners all!




    Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!


    Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

  10. #835

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    2,227

    Re: RCMC #135 - Merry Christmas - Happy New Year

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    I suddenly have a mad desire to make chicken stew. I am going to the grocery store tomorrow, so I'll shop for some key ingredients. I have never made chicken stew before. I am sure that I can probably find a fairly easy recipe online.
    I love allrecipes.com for finding recipes

  11. #836

    •   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Posts
    65,601
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: RCMC #135 - Merry Christmas - Happy New Year

    Happy Saturday!! Did breakfast, swap meet... now should get out and do a bit of yard work. Got a nice overcast day going on, should go take advantage of it.

    I love allrecipes! I like how you can type in a particular ingredient/ingredients and it will pull up recipes that have those things in it!!




    Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!


    Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

  12. #837

    •   
    • Chicago Gal
    • Online

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    53,983
    Blog Entries
    120

    Re: RCMC #135 - Merry Christmas - Happy New Year

    This might sound like sour grapes, but I am glad that the ANniversary talk is almost non-existent this year, since I will not be attending. The funny thing is that I could probably get a flight, even at this late date.

    I could also care less about the Super Bowl next week, since nobody is in it that I care about.

    My next trip is in May, and I also decided to visit again in November the week before Thanksgiving. Hopefully, I can see some Christmas finery while I am there.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

  13. #838

    • Lord of the Sky
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    o.c. Calif
    Posts
    19,640
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: RCMC #135 - Merry Christmas - Happy New Year

    Aunt Pengy
    Were you live...and you want to go out...to eat
    You have to go...what you have....like Sizzler

    Now .......were I live...there is alot to pick from.....
    BUT :
    only handful are worth going....


    it worst during the work week for dinner
    Iam so tire..when ,I get home ,I just want something to eat
    but do not want to go back in my car ...to get something
    so I end up eatting tv dinner or hotpocket.....


    Hope You having a restful weekend
    the weather is nice today......
    Jim
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

  14. #839

    • Lord of the Sky
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    o.c. Calif
    Posts
    19,640
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: RCMC #135 - Merry Christmas - Happy New Year

    This PENGUIN....you do not want mess with enther...
    you can get a arrow in your heart !
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

  15. #840

    • Lord of the Sky
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    o.c. Calif
    Posts
    19,640
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: RCMC #135 - Merry Christmas - Happy New Year

    Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    Happy Saturday!! Did breakfast, swap meet... now should get out and do a bit of yard work. Got a nice overcast day going on, should go take advantage of it.
    I love my Breakfast time on the weekend.......
    I also got some Garden work done...like pulling weeds
    took a shower....Now it time to relax.......
    Jim
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

Similar Threads

  1. I got my Happy New Year greeting from Disneyland at 12:01
    By DISNEYJUNKIE in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-01-2006, 09:42 PM
  2. Happy Holidays & Happy New Year
    By Disney Wrassler in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-24-2005, 10:50 PM
  3. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
    By CUatDL in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-24-2005, 12:03 PM
  4. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Everyone!
    By Barbaraann in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-23-2005, 06:30 PM
  5. La Shana Tova-Happy New Year!!
    By awinner in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-01-2005, 04:57 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •