Page 69 of 135 FirstFirst ... 194459666768697071727994119 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 2013

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Re: RCMC #135 - Merry Christmas - Happy New Year

Slept in until about 8:30.... still need to shower and get dressed and go to Wally World to get some cough drops and stuff before I go to jury duty... blah.

I haven't done any scrapbooking for.... for so long I don't even remember how long its been. Maybe the new grand baby will inspire me this summer.

A nice hot jacuzzi sounds pretty good to me today too! Submerge myself in hot, bubbly water... oh yeah...

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Minion

Hi all,

Ok so I am hoping any of you can help give me an opinion. We are taking my son to DL for his birthday in May and need to get some first hand opinions on a couple hotels. We usually stay at the Holiday inn on Walnut when we are doing a quick trip but we have found a really good deal that we might not be able to pass up. So has any of you stayed at the Portifino hotel? If so what did you think?

Thanks

Bryan
    BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by mickdaddy View Post
    Hi all,

Ok so I am hoping any of you can help give me an opinion. We are taking my son to DL for his birthday in May and need to get some first hand opinions on a couple hotels. We usually stay at the Holiday inn on Walnut when we are doing a quick trip but we have found a really good deal that we might not be able to pass up. So has any of you stayed at the Portifino hotel? If so what did you think?

Thanks

Bryan
    It was years ago when I stayed in the taller building. I would call it a little less fancy than a Holiday Inn. Just not as nice room décor and materials. However it was recently updated so may be better if not newer.

They are building right next door if you happen to get a room on that side and sleep during the day.

The walk is better, probably about the same, but without time for the tram.

Can you get the Red Lion across the street for a simliliar? I was very happy there a couple times.

Either way maybe something new would be a treat for the birthday?
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mickdaddy View Post
    Hi all,

Thanks

Bryan
    Hey Bryan!! I've never stayed there myself... my go to place is the Quality Inn on Manchester... basic and cheap... my most important things I look for! You could check out reviews on Trip Advisor... but I find those to be hit and miss.

Well what a loooooong day. Got to the court house about 11:30 which gave me an hour to eat most of a sandwich I bought at Wally World. Got started at 12:30, but the power had been off so every thing was behind. Didn't actually get into the courtroom until after 2 so of course by the time 5 rolled around they not only didn't have the two alternates but didn't even have a firm grasp on the initial 12. So I get to go back at 8:30 in the morning.... joy.

At least if I get called up I'm pretty sure I can get dismissed. Its a DUI case, and I think the lady that hit me in Nov. was under the influence of something so there is no way I can be impartial at this point. I've never wanted to be one of the first ones called up in my life... until now. Now when I have a legit reason to not be on the jury... and... its taking forever. Plus the fact that I have bad hearing and can't really hear what the judge is saying a lot of the time since he's not using his mike.

all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Chicago is expecting about 6 more inches of snow tonite. I'm sure when I wake up tomorrow, my husband will still be home. I will have my work cut out for me, having to shovel the pathways and stairs in the front and back of our house. At least the temperatures are not too bad.

I guess it's a good thing that I didn't plan any Winter travel this year. I might be sitting in O'hare airport in the days coming up.

The Biggest Loser winner had a 59% weight loss. The "At Home" winner had 54%. Amazing results.

May 11 - 16, 2015

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I have been pretty lucky when it comes to Jury Duty. I got summoned a few times, and showed up, but I never made it out of the jury room, and each time we got sent home early. Here in Chicago, it's one day or one trial, and I escaped that each time. Even when I got called for Federal Jury duty. I showed up the first day, and they filled their quota of jurors. They then sent the rest of us home, and told us to call each night to see if we had to appear the next day. Nope. The reason they did it that way, of course, was because then they only paid me for the one day I had to show up, which was the first day.

May 11 - 16, 2015

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

I'm glad you made it to the anniversary meet that one year.. but sorry you got "trapped" in Anaheim!

Here its one day or one trial technically too. Well I served my one day more or less but I guess since they didn't get enough for the jury they have to keep going through the lot of us. There were 105 that showed up. Since I work for the school dist. I don't get paid for duty. In fact I had to sign a waver thing that I don't get the jury fees... but I think I get milage. Thats because the school pays my regular daily wage if I have jury duty I think.

Interesting how different states do it differently.

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

Nose is plugging up... think I'll go take some cold meds and head for bed. No telling how long I'll be at the court house tomorrow....

•   
    • RCMC: Java Junkie

My Mom has a jury summons next week. She's had to serve a case years ago. It wasn't totally awful but you do get to the stage where you feel like the case is just stringing it out and taking longer than what's really needed.

I get summoned every year. I think most lawyers like the biggest pool of candidates that they can choose from. It's funny how they only need 12 people and they will have a room full of 200 people or more and just go through people like kleenex. But then again I don't make it easy for the lawyers during questioning. I object to everything, that way I'm either so annoying or seem like an idiot and you end up excusing me.

• Under that tree again!

Pengy, I'm glad you gave an update.

Don't be surprised if you get put on the jury. Your excuse is what one half wants.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

• Under that tree again!

I'm tired out.

Nanners.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I have actually made it to two Anniversary Meets, and was really originally planning on being there this year. Circumstances changed that, and as I watch the weather conditions here in Chicago today, and for the next few days, I'm glad I'm staying home.

I will be out shoveling snow later though. My husband gets first shift. Yes, he is home today. Not going anywhere. He has been calling his coworkers, who drive the last stretch of highway that he does. High amounts of snow don't get cleared soon enough, and he won't drive when the roads haven't been cleared yet. Of course he drives a much greater distance than those coworkers who live closer to work.

Today is my neighbor's birthday. I'll have to tease her and ask her if she ordered this storm.

Happy Wednesday. Enjoy your day.

May 11 - 16, 2015

• Under that tree again!

Do you think they eastern half of the nation will buy more snowplows?
    Be Cool Stay in School!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I think they have enough snow plows, what they need is more "Salt".

They are running out of salt in the Chicago area, and have started to mix the salt with sand. I don't like when my husband and grandson want to put salt down on our sidewalks. It just makes things worse. Right now, near the back door, we have too much ice, because they insisted on putting down salt. I shovel down to the sidewalk, and when they salt it, the melted snow turns to ice overnight. The plain shoveled sidewalk doesn't do that. This one particular area is bad, mostly because it is right by my neighbor's dryer vent.

May 11 - 16, 2015

• Under that tree again!

It sure seems like they have trouble plowing.

Go to Tahoe, the snow falls and gets cleaned up in the morning, it doesn't sit around for days.
    Be Cool Stay in School!