Page 70 of 135 FirstFirst ... 204560676869707172738095120 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 2013

• Minion

Re: RCMC #135 - Merry Christmas - Happy New Year

thanks for the input I have looked at trip advisor but the reviews are from one end to the other as far as good and bad, the website looks nice but those can be misleading as well. either way not really planning on spending a lot of time in the room.
    BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

It took me an hour to shovel my snow. It looked like about a half foot of snow.

At least the temperature was not too bad, and the sun actually came out for a bit.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I have only stayed at the Hilton Anaheim, the Candy Cane Inn, Howard Johnson, the Quality Inn, and now my regular go to establishment is a Wyndham Timeshare, Dolphin's Cove. Although they are not too close, and require an ART pass. I have liked, all the places that I have stayed at. No bad experiences.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    It took me an hour to shovel my snow. It looked like about a half foot of snow.

At least the temperature was not too bad, and the sun actually came out for a bit.

Did the sun dry off what areas you shoveled?
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

The snow stopped for a while, but we just got a bit more, so my husband just came in from shoveling again.

This Winter in Chicago we have gotten almost 60 inches of snow. The record snowfall was almost 90 inches, in the Winter of 78-79. I remember that Winter. We lived in a different house, and there was so much snow on our garage roof, that the roof totally collapsed inside the garage. People have since started shoveling their roofs after large amounts of snow falls in a short period of time.

My husband and I try to keep the sidewalks clear. I wish all Chicago residents, and businesses did the same. It's hard walking in the city after too much snow falls, and the sidewalks are not properly cleared. I complain a lot about how the world revolves around the automobile, and not too many care about the pedestrian who has to walk.

• Under that tree again!

I can say records will be being broke if it stays cold enough and spring holds off.

That another unfortunate thing about places that won't admit they get enough snow to deal with it. When I go skiing, you see crews working the village areas any time it's snowed.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

• Under that tree again!

I left the office late tonight. A couple employees were working late and I needed to lock up. I'm not sure why they wanted to stay past 5. I suspect a vacation request will be coming up.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

• world class bilge rat

Cold again today, supposed to snow a bit tomorrow.

I don't know if I'm just getting old or if it's actually colder these days, but it get to me more than it used to.

I was told today that in addition to designing and building the electrical control panel for the entire oil plant, I now get to design and build one for the thermal oxidizer as well.

Actually, I really enjoy this sort of work. I have to think once in a while. I like that.

• world class bilge rat

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    I left the office late tonight. A couple employees were working late and I needed to lock up. I'm not sure why they wanted to stay past 5. I suspect a vacation request will be coming up.
    The voice of experience?.......lol.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Pengy, I'm glad you gave an update.

Don't be surprised if you get put on the jury. Your excuse is what one half wants.
    Well as it turns out... I never even got called up. They ended up finding the 14 people they needed before I even had to go up. Thankfully there were still lots of people left over... so I dodged the bullet again.

Came home and promptly went back to bed and slept for a couple of hours.

Felt like I could of gone back to bed at 4 PM.... Whatever this bug is, its one that is just zapping my very soul out and I don't want to even breath... just so exhausted. And dehydrated. So I'm trying to drink some water to recharge.

Quote Originally Posted by mickdaddy View Post
    thanks for the input I have looked at trip advisor but the reviews are from one end to the other as far as good and bad, the website looks nice but those can be misleading as well. either way not really planning on spending a lot of time in the room.
    Thats the thing about not only Trip Advisor, but any of the sites... you can find good and bad reviews, sometimes from the exact same day. I think some people just like to complain.

Quote Originally Posted by micromind View Post

I don't know if I'm just getting old or if it's actually colder these days, but it get to me more than it used to.

I was told today that in addition to designing and building the electrical control panel for the entire oil plant, I now get to design and build one for the thermal oxidizer as well.

Actually, I really enjoy this sort of work. I have to think once in a while. I like that.
    My daughter use to LOVE cold weather. She use to want to live where it got cold and snowed. Last year in Idaho she didn't mind except when they had their water freeze up.. this year.. she said if she wasn't working she would come for a visit and warm up. I told her all her energy is being diverted to another part of her body this year!!

Ok going to attempt to go back to work in the morning if I can muster up the strength to get out of bed so I'm just doing a fly by posting and nannering out!!!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Under that tree again!

Officially a quiet evening.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by micromind View Post

And it's more work too, that's got to be useful, right?

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    Well as it turns out... I never even got called up. They ended up finding the 14 people they needed before I even had to go up. Thankfully there were still lots of people left over... so I dodged the bullet again.

Thats the thing about not only Trip Advisor, but any of the sites... you can find good and bad reviews, sometimes from the exact same day. I think some people just like to complain.
    Except that you had to show up, it was otherwise perfect jury duty?

For sure, if you read reviews, 3/4 poor reviews are written. 1/10 ok reviews are written. 1/20 great reviews are written. People take more time to complain.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

• Under that tree again!

Nanners everyone.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Officially a quiet evening.
    Yes it was. Everyone must of been staying warm somewhere!

Except that you had to show up, it was otherwise perfect jury duty?
    I guess thats one way to look at it. It actually is interesting to watch the process in action. Its just that I felt like crap and it was the kind of case I wasn't comfortable being involved in. Interestingly enough... one of the jurors they kept was a lady that had been a victim of a DUI and was injured 35 years ago. Interesting that the defendants attorney didn't dismiss her... *shrugs*

Hopefully a quiet, short day at work today. Then I may come home and take a nap depending on how my head feels.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Hooterville, USA

I now throw away my jury summons. I played that game until they started calling me up twice every year. So far, the jury police hasn't come looking for me. My employer has never paid for me to miss work and jury duty pay won't support my family.

Not bragging here, just stating my position.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.