Page 71 of 135 FirstFirst ... 214661686970717273748196121 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 2013

• Triple Goddess

Re: RCMC #135 - Merry Christmas - Happy New Year

I've been a stay at home mommy for 10 years or so. My problem with jury duty is child care. When the kids were younger, before they started school, as long as they were potty trained, I was told that I could bring them to the court's daycare. Yet every time I was called, it was to a court that did not have day care. Go figure. Now that they are all in school, I need to be able to leave to pick them up from school. So I am no good between 1:45-3:00. Unfortunately, they aren't very sympathetic about that topic. I usually have to have my mom come and stay at my house so that she can pick them up. Which isn't really convenient for her.

The last time I had jury duty I sat next to a teacher and she had a very interesting proposal: they should take their jury pools out of those on disability, unemployment, or welfare. There was also a man there in tears because he was a small business owner and missing a day of work meant missing out on a day of pay. He did not get excused.

• Elven Queen of Caffeine

Morning! I've missed you guys!

Starting up my business is a fun, but exhausting, task. I'm sooooo busy! But it's awesome all the same.

Hope y'all are well!
    Signature courtesy of Poisonedapples

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I have been procrastinating doing my dishes this morning. Then I need to make something for my husband's lunch tomorrow, as soon as I decide what. I guess my mind is taking a bit of a hiatus today.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

It's great to see you ladies this morning.

Lady N, hopefully, your business will be an instant success.

Kim, I don't know why, but I thought you had a job outside the home. A 9 to 5 one.

Considering the snow we have been having here lately in Chicago, I am glad that I get to stay home each day.

Now it's back to those dishes. No, I do not own a dishwasher. I am the dishwasher.

• Triple Goddess

I don't think I ever had a 9-5 job.

I was a teacher, than a school admin. Then a personal assistant. But mostly, a stay at home mommy. I guess the school admin job was 9-5. But is was more like 6-6.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I only worked until I got pregnant with my first son. I was married in early May of 1966, and had my son in late July of 1967. So I had very little experience with a 9 to 5 job myself. I am thankful every day that I got to stay home with my children, and with my grandson after that. Perhaps I spoiled my children being home with them. Perhaps they would have turned out different had I worked outside the home. If I could turn the clock back, and change things. Perhaps I would. Then again, perhaps not.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I guess no one from the RCMC is headed to Disneyland this weekend for the Anniversary. I noticed in the Roundup, that they mentioned that MiceChat is headed into it's 11th year. I believe MiceChat is starting it's 9th, and it would be MiceAge that has been around for 11.

I will think about being there all this weekend, and wish I was in the California sun, instead of the Chicago snow.

• Hooterville, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    I guess no one from the RCMC is headed to Disneyland this weekend for the Anniversary. I noticed in the Roundup, that they mentioned that MiceChat is headed into it's 11th year. I believe MiceChat is starting it's 9th, and it would be MiceAge that has been around for 11.

I will think about being there all this weekend, and wish I was in the California sun, instead of the Chicago snow.
    Today it's kind of raining here.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Under that tree again!

Quick Hello! I'm going home early tonight.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Goofy

hi room

• world class bilge rat

Quote Originally Posted by coopercaseycody View Post
    I don't think I ever had a 9-5 job.

I was a teacher, than a school admin. Then a personal assistant. But mostly, a stay at home mommy. I guess the school admin job was 9-5. But is was more like 6-6.
    This makes me even more proud of you!

My late wife became a stay at home mommy after our youngest was born.

This was good in more ways than one; not only did she home-school the older kids for a few years, but she was also a Girl Scout Troop leader and a swim team coach.

The worst part of all this is that society has twisted itself so that very few people can survive on just one income. These days it's pretty much required for mothers to work.

And we'll be paying the price for this for many years to come......

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas View Post
    My employer has never paid for me to miss work and jury duty pay won't support my family.

Not bragging here, just stating my position.
    They expect a horribly wage to cover a horrible job. There is nothing acceptable about it.

she had a very interesting proposal: they should take their jury pools out of those on disability, unemployment, or welfare.
    But are those people competent or trustworthy? Generally I think the jury should come from better positioned people. If they are educated and well knowing, that should be perfect. Also lawyers should be half the jurors.

It's just a sickening waste of my time. I detest the whole system.

Quote Originally Posted by micromind View Post
    These days it's pretty much required for mothers to work.

And we'll be paying the price for this for many years to come......
    We have already seen the downfall due to Women's Rights in the post war era. Most of society's ills and inequalities can be linked to it.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

I now throw away my jury summons. I played that game until they started calling me up twice every year. So far, the jury police hasn't come looking for me. My employer has never paid for me to miss work and jury duty pay won't support my family.

Not bragging here, just stating my position.
    Oh believe me.... for many years I ignored them... and sometimes I honestly forgot about it... might have to start forgetting again...

I've been a stay at home mommy for 10 years or so. My problem with jury duty is child care. When the kids were younger, before they started school, as long as they were potty trained, I was told that I could bring them to the court's daycare. Yet every time I was called, it was to a court that did not have day care. Go figure. Now that they are all in school, I need to be able to leave to pick them up from school. So I am no good between 1:45-3:00. Unfortunately, they aren't very sympathetic about that topic. I usually have to have my mom come and stay at my house so that she can pick them up. Which isn't really convenient for her.

The last time I had jury duty I sat next to a teacher and she had a very interesting proposal: they should take their jury pools out of those on disability, unemployment, or welfare. There was also a man there in tears because he was a small business owner and missing a day of work meant missing out on a day of pay. He did not get excused.
    Interesting idea....

I'm pretty lucky that the school does pay me for the day. Although I'm not sure if it comes out of my sick leave or what... not that it matters since I've got a ton of sick leave saved up but..

Quote Originally Posted by LadyNimrodelle View Post
    Morning! I've missed you guys!

Starting up my business is a fun, but exhausting, task. I'm sooooo busy! But it's awesome all the same.

Hope y'all are well!
    Hey!! We've missed you too!!! But sounds like your business is doing Boffo!!!! Congrats!

I have been procrastinating doing my dishes this morning. Then I need to make something for my husband's lunch tomorrow, as soon as I decide what. I guess my mind is taking a bit of a hiatus today.
    My mind does that every day...

Had a couple of people ask me about an RCMC get together this weekend.... said I wasn't going to be there but if they wanted to get together...

Today it's kind of raining here.
    Oh sure. Rub it in. YOU get the rain we get.... jack diddle!

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Quick Hello! I'm going home early tonight.
    Yeah for getting home early!

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
    hi room
    Hi Rex!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Under that tree again!

Lady N want to say hi since you came by.

Nanner everyone.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Nanners Swampy!!! See you tomorrow!! Probably...

Movie and popcorn day at school! Been a crazy week.... ready for some relaxing time!!!

And guess I should nanner out too....

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.