Page 100 of 134 FirstFirst ... 507590979899100101102103110125 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 2009

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: RCMC # 136 - It's Not Easy Being Green - Hop to it everyone....

The final score of the Hockey game was Kings 6. Ducks 2.

Watch out, Blackhawks, the Kings are determined.

• Under that tree again!

My poor Ducks lost, and my back up Avalanche did too.

Not sure there is a team left that I will care about.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I have actually been watching all the games. Not just the ones that the Blackhawks played. It has been some exciting Hockey.

• Under that tree again!

Nanners everyone.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• world class bilge rat

My mom and dad are down from Oregon for a couple of days. They're staying at my house; it's always good to have them over.

My daughter-in-law graduated med. school today. 8 years.......but she is now officially a Physician!! OB/GYN.

I'm pretty proud of her.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

It's nice that you still have your parents, Rob.

Congratulations to your daughter in law. That is a great accomplishment.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Nanners everyone.
    Nanners!!!

That was a quick visit!

Quote Originally Posted by micromind View Post
    My mom and dad are down from Oregon for a couple of days. They're staying at my house; it's always good to have them over.

My daughter-in-law graduated med. school today. 8 years.......but she is now officially a Physician!! OB/GYN.

I'm pretty proud of her.
    Oh congrats!!! How neat having a doc in the family!

Do not want to go to work tomorrow.... took a nap this afternoon but still tired. Seriously need to get my diet under control and start exercising. I know I'd feel better.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

And its nanner time for me too!

all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I only got half of my bedding plants planted outside, before the cold weather and rain took over in Chicago. Hopefully, it will warm up the next few days, and I can get the plants out of my basement, and into the ground.

I have a busy day ahead of me, and a meeting with the insurance man at 11 a.m. this morning. Now I need to get dressed, and round up all of my documents.

Happy Saturday.

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

I'm hoping my day isn't to busy but at the hospital... you never know from one minute to the next!

I do however know it will be HOT today here... feel free to blow a bit of the cold air my way Barbara and cool it down for me!

•   
    • RCMC: Java Junkie

Allergies are kicked up kind of bad for me today and yesterday. And still feel sick. It's weird, the sick symptoms come and go and they get mixed in with the allergy symptoms. Oh joy!

Garage door turned out nice except for one small mistake on the 3rd panel. The measurement in where the design of the wood on that panel should've been placed was off by 8 inches. So it doesn't uniformly line up with our neighbors. So of course HOA wasn't happy and has asked us to fix it.

I have no problem in doing that because I agree with HOA. However, it was a customized door and no one is going to want to pay for the mistake whether it be us, the garage door company, or the manufacturer.

The garage door company came out and took measurements and sent it to the manufacturer for a design sketch approval which we had to sign off on and our HOA approved of it. Both of us overlooked the height difference. I saw the basic design looked right so assumed the measurements were fine. I don't know if its the garage door company sent the wrong measurements to them or the manufacturer made the mistake when designing the sketch.

We noticed it after install and pointed it out to the tech and he gave my Mom some excuses that the panel wouldn't look right and how it would cause problems in the long run. But my other neighbor a couple doors down didn't have those issues and his measurements are the same in design on his 3rd and 4th panel like ours. Although his 1st and 2nd panel measurements are different from ours.

All I know is it needs to get fixed and I'm going to be mad if we have to eat the cost. A lot of money went into it. My neighbor said push them about it and tell them you will give them negative reviews on Angies List and Yelp, and you'll call "7 on your side" (Channel 7 news for us and they investigate and help to resolve problems that clients have with businesses) and that will put it in the news.

Why can't any house project run smoothly? It's even more challenging and a hassle when your trying to schedule and communicate with contractors while your at work. It's practically impossible.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Contractors. I have had way too much trouble with most of them that I have dealt with. Some of them start out O.K., and then down the road, they break their promises. I hate being cynical, but my experiences were mostly bad. I have a great plumber, and have found an excellent electrician, so all is not bad. Next week I am having more electric stuff fixed, but that is minor compared to what I had done last year.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Hopefully Disney won't raise their ticket prices too much, or they might price me out. I am all set for this year's Disneyland trip, but I do want to return next year, especially if they have special stuff for the 60th. Harry Potter, and Diagon Alley might have to wait until 2016.

•   
    • RCMC: Java Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    Contractors. I have had way too much trouble with most of them that I have dealt with. Some of them start out O.K., and then down the road, they break their promises. I hate being cynical, but my experiences were mostly bad. I have a great plumber, and have found an excellent electrician, so all is not bad. Next week I am having more electric stuff fixed, but that is minor compared to what I had done last year.
    Yes I remember that attic nightmare you dealt with. I went out earlier and took a closer look and figured out what they need to do and its just one panel that needs to be fixed. My other 2 neighbors were out there and we were chatting about it. A mistake was made in the panel and they just need to re-do it. I just know it'll be a battle of who will eat the cost. Bottom line, it has to be fixed in order for HOA to be satisfied.

This week we have a contractor to fix our dry rot on the side of our house. He should begin on either Tuesday or Wednesday, waiting to hear back from him to confirm that. He's pretty knowledgeable and seems to be honest. We found him almost 2 months ago and he came out and did a bid with us, we were just waiting for the rainy season to finish at the time. So been trying to get in contact with him over the last few weeks and it's been tough. When I did finally hear from him he had some issues going on with his Dad. He had surgery and it didn't turn out too good, so he had to be with him daily and juggle his construction schedule. I felt bad for him. As long as he can still do our project. He said he would and just asked for a little patience. So I agreed, he's aware of our time deadline for when the painters will come through and he agreed to it. So I just have to trust his word.

Anyway, I've been hearing rumors of price increases for the tickets to Disneyland. Kind of too bad that it constantly has to go up. I know it takes XXX amount to run the place, but at the same time I don't feel it merits yearly increases. I think it just boils down to the share holders demand XXX amount and they have to make that number happen. Just my opinion though.

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

Good grief Lori.... sorry you are having trouble with the door. I'm just glad I don't have to deal with a HOA. I'm to much of a rouge and individualist to have someone tell me what to do with my house!

Busy but ok day at work. Had 5 admits that had to be held in ER all day, but between the tech in ER and I we did all the orders and built the charts so when they come to the floor tonight everything will already have been done. But.... when I left there were at least 3 more admits holding for tomorrow... depending on how many RN's we have tomorrow. The RN's are only suppose to have 4 patients and all of them were already at 5. Just never can tell with hospitals what is going to happen when.