Page 102 of 134 FirstFirst ... 252779299100101102103104105112127 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 2009

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: RCMC # 136 - It's Not Easy Being Green - Hop to it everyone....

Our insurance guy called me back today about our retirement annuity. It seems he has been doing a bit of research, and if we switch products, even at this late date, we can get a few more thousand in income a year. Sounds like a small deal, but it works for me. He's coming back on Saturday.

When I think about what my mom lived on for her retirement, I don't know how she survived. We are way better off, thankfully.

•   
    • RCMC: Java Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    Our insurance guy called me back today about our retirement annuity. It seems he has been doing a bit of research, and if we switch products, even at this late date, we can get a few more thousand in income a year. Sounds like a small deal, but it works for me. He's coming back on Saturday.

When I think about what my mom lived on for her retirement, I don't know how she survived. We are way better off, thankfully.
    Hey a few extra thousand a year isn't necessarily a small thing. I would take it too. And I always view it in terms of, it's vacation money For a couple grand you can easily take an international trip somewhere. You could definitely do Disneyland once a year if not twice.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I hope to be able to continue to save enough for our vacations. My husband is a homebody, and I'm not sure how much longer he is going to want to drive up to the Dells for our one getaway together. He worries about everyone else, before himself. He is always encouraging me to take my trips. I can't believe in 2 1/2 years he will be 70.

•   
    • RCMC: Java Junkie

I hope to be able to continue to save enough for our vacations. My husband is a homebody, and I'm not sure how much longer he is going to want to drive up to the Dells for our one getaway together. He worries about everyone else, before himself. He is always encouraging me to take my trips. I can't believe in 2 1/2 years he will be 70.
    Bummer, hope he continues to take vacations with you. You guys are the same age as my Mom. She'll vacation and go places if I take her. My Mom has been retired for quite some time now and she loves it. Well at least you still have Disney vacations you can take.

I can't wait to go Labor Day weekend. I can't remember which fireworks is playing then. I hope its RDCT it's my favorite. Although I've only seen Magical once, when I was down over Memorial Day weekend a few years back. I believe Dumbo flies in that fireworks show.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Magical is really cool. That is the one that will be playing while I am there. I love seeing Dumbo, and Tinker Bell fly. I haven't seen Fantasmic in a very long time. I am looking forward to that.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

The hockey game is over so it looks like I will hit the hay early tonite.

• world class bilge rat

My legs are tired; can I stop climbing ladders all day?

Lol.

My mind still thinks I'm 25, the rest of me is a bit older and simply cannot keep up anymore.

• Under that tree again!

Bring everything up in one trip. It take a lot of planning to avoid those tiring trips.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by 1Disneylandfan View Post
    I can't wait to go Labor Day weekend. I can't remember which fireworks is playing then. I hope its RDCT it's my favorite. Although I've only seen Magical once, when I was down over Memorial Day weekend a few years back. I believe Dumbo flies in that fireworks show.
    The last two or maybe it's been three years, they have summer going through that week. You will probably see Magical.

I think the downside could be that RDCT gets replaced next year for the 60th. Of course it could be Magical that gets replaced. Or both.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

• Under that tree again!

I wonder if there will be a catch. You usually don't get something for nothing.

But still worth looking into.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

• Under that tree again!

Nanners everyone.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Hey if you can get more... I say go for it! More is never a bad thing!

Quote Originally Posted by micromind View Post
    My legs are tired; can I stop climbing ladders all day?

Lol.

My mind still thinks I'm 25, the rest of me is a bit older and simply cannot keep up anymore.
    So relate.... my mind wants to act like I'm still 18 but by body goes... are you nuts!??? Don't even think about it or you will be sooooo sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Nanners everyone.
    Nanners Swampy!!!

It was actually a bit cooler today. I just hope this weekend its decent. Weather channel says a chance of some clouds this weekend. I'd take that. No rain but even some clouds might keep the temps down a bit. Plus if we go into JT Park... and I'm sure we will... it will make for better picture taking opportunities.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I woke up super early this morning. I guess that's because I was in bed before 10 p.m. last night. I have laundry to do today, and I need to walk to Walgreens to refill all of my husband's prescriptions and mine.

Happy Tuesday everyone.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Happy Tuesday! Working both jobs today, but this will be the last split shift I have to do for a while... probably.... unless the phone rings or I get a text message from one of the other techs.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• world class bilge rat

Rained here all day today. Just a lite sprinkle, but actual rain nonetheless. Kind of a nice change......