Page 114 of 134 FirstFirst ... 146489104111112113114115116117124 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 2009

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: RCMC # 136 - It's Not Easy Being Green - Hop to it everyone....

My flight is not until 1:30, but I should check out by 10, and then I have the front desk clerk call me a taxi. I am flying out of John Wayne airport. I hope the cab does not take too long to get here. Last time, I waited outside because of work being done in Dolphin Coves parking area. My called cab did not show up, and instead one stopped, just because he saw me there, and figured that I needed a cab. He was right, and he got my business.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Have a safe journey home Barbara!!!

Checking in from work since I was slow this morning getting going... no surprize there...

Looks like I'll have company sort of this weekend. "Adopted" adult son and his family are taking the motor home to San Diego, and will stop off here overnight Saturday. Of course, I'm working this weekend so I will get to see them for a grand total of 2 or 3 hours. Such is life.

At least they have the motor home so I don't have to clean places for them to sleep.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I usually stand on my suitcase, so I squish down the clothes. Since I have to get my boarding pass at the airport, I just might spend the money, and check it.

I wish I had this hotel's bath tub in my house. So easy to get in, and out of. My one at home is horrible!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

The lady at the front desk of the hotel, this morning, had no trouble printing my boarding pass. Then she called me a cab, which was there in 5 minutes. That is the shortest that I have ever waited. They have this new thing at the airport called pre screening, so it made going through security much easier.

I am am at my gate. Departure time is two hours from now.

• Under that tree again!

Sounds like the morning is going smoothly for your. Barb have a great flight.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

I always get to the airport early but then always kick myself because I am at the gate waaaaaay earlier than I need to be and suddenly find myself with a lot of time to kill.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Sounds like the morning is going smoothly for your. Barb have a great flight.
    Quote Originally Posted by kirstenh View Post
    I always get to the airport early but then always kick myself because I am at the gate waaaaaay earlier than I need to be and suddenly find myself with a lot of time to kill.
    I had a great flight, until I did something really stupid. I accidentally deleted all of the pictures off my #1 Memory Card. That means that pictures that I took on my first day, and early on the 2nd day, are gone forever. I only meant to delete one photo, and made a huge mistake, and deleted hundreds. I am so bummed.

I now need to lock the other six of my memory cards from my vacation, which is what I should have done in the first place.

I made it home about two hours ago. Safe and sound, and happy from my great vacation, but a bit grumpy, and sad, for the photos that I lost, due to my own stupidity.

Time for bed.
    Last edited by Barbaraann; 06-05-2014 at 07:48 PM.

• Under that tree again!

That is a bummer. Get a good nights sleep in your own bed, and feel better tomorrow.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by kirstenh View Post
    If you err on the side of caution that's what happens, too early. If you barely make it, tragedy follows. I think this happens 90% of the time. I work/live about 10-15 minutes from my airport. If I'm early all green lights and I'm at the terminal in 7 minutes, no line to check in or go through security and the flight is delayed. If I'm running late all red lights, and a car accident slowing things down or a random truck trying to turn on or off the road, huge security wait, and I'm one of the last to board, then the plane sits forever once I get in my seat. Murphy's Law almost every time. I enjoy flying but hate flying at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    At least they have the motor home so I don't have to clean places for them to sleep.
    As a bachelor with a decent sized house, I have 2 extra bedroom and a home office with a couch always ready to go. But I pretty much keep them sealed up so they don't get dirty. My office of course I use a little bit, and I don't do my work work at home, just use it for my personal business.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

• Under that tree again!

Nanners.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Well even though I deleted an entire memory card full of pictures, I came home with just over 3,000 pictures. Not bad for a seven day trip. 219 of those are on my Photopass CD. 635 are photos on my iPhone, where I was practicing selfies, and also took fireworks pictures a few nights. The rest are all on my 6 memory cards, where I averaged about 370 pictures a day.

So now I need a plan. How to do a trip report. One that won't bore the masses.

Lots of editing in the very near future, and lots of organizing definitely.

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

Spent until after 11 last night working on geneology.... traced hubbys paternal side back to the 1500's in England... started working on his maternal side and was almost as far back. My side... a brick wall before the mid 1800's... but will continue.

Will have to come back later when I'm not at work and catch up!

all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

I did that once with my email, Barbarann - I was reading an email on my phone and I went to delete the email and it deleted a whole page of emails. I don't even know how I did it because I don't have a "delete all" button, so it must have been a fluke, but I was so upset. It is disappointing to lose a days worth of photos, but you have the Photopass ones that CMs took and ones from your phone so you have something, at least.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I was very surprised to discover, that while I was gone, my husband bought himself a Kindle. I guess he got a great deal on it from Amazon. The man shops on Amazon all the time. He does not necessarily want to read books on there, but he is very excite to be able to watch videos. I never thought I'd see the day.

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

Wow Barbara! Maybe he finally realized all those books he has will fit on the kindle! (Hey, I'm a book fan too, and I love my "real" books and refuse to go electronic! )

Summer is here. I use to be pretty heat tolerant but the older I get the less I can deal and we still don't have our swamp cooler going... I am mentally melted and as much as I don't want to work tomorrow at least I'll be in air conditioning for 12+ hours. So headed out early to get some snoozies...