Page 118 of 134 FirstFirst ... 186893108115116117118119120121128 ... LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 2009

• Under that tree again!

Re: RCMC # 136 - It's Not Easy Being Green - Hop to it everyone....

I don't know how long cell service was down. I just noticed went to lunch and noticed it come up just after sitting at a table.

There was an older lady near me. She either understood technology or didn't. Her phone missed a bunch of messages, email, text or call, I don't know. But when the network was going again her phone was notifying here in a very loud manner, over and over and over again for a couple minutes. She didn't know how to silence it, but knows how to communicate with it.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Under that tree again!

Nanners, I'm very tired. Because it's late.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I lost track of the days. It is Thursday, isn't it. I have almost been home a week from my vacation. I am always ready to go back.

Have a super day everyone.

Jody, I hope you solve your internet problems soon.

Quote Originally Posted by 1Disneylandfan View Post
    I'll take a guess you have a DSL hook up?? Those usually come with the modem & router in one unit. So when it goes bad you replace the entire unit.

I have the cable hook up for internet. I have my modem and router as separate components.
    It depends who you have as your internet service provider - we have cable internet with Comcast, and our modem and router are all one unit.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

I'll take a guess you have a DSL hook up?? Those usually come with the modem & router in one unit. So when it goes bad you replace the entire unit.

I have the cable hook up for internet. I have my modem and router as separate components. The reason why? It's easier to trouble shoot what hardware pieces are giving you problems. If the modem is dead you won't get access to the internet at all because that's the gateway to be able to access the internet period. Now if it's the router you can still access the internet without it. The router just makes it possible to have a wireless connection to your computer. You can hardwire directly to your modem and access the internet. I've had to do that until I've replaced my router.

Ahh technology it's a blessing and a curse……
    Yup... its a modem/router together. Seemed easier at the time than getting two different ones. Plus.... where I live I have one place to buy equipment... Wally World.... and they only had either routers only or one that was both.

The downside of living in BF nowhere and being miles and miles from anything.

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    I don't know how long cell service was down. I just noticed went to lunch and noticed it come up just after sitting at a table.

There was an older lady near me. She either understood technology or didn't. Her phone missed a bunch of messages, email, text or call, I don't know. But when the network was going again her phone was notifying here in a very loud manner, over and over and over again for a couple minutes. She didn't know how to silence it, but knows how to communicate with it.
    I can relate to that. I'm still trying to figure out stuff on my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    I lost track of the days. It is Thursday, isn't it. I have almost been home a week from my vacation. I am always ready to go back.

Have a super day everyone.

Jody, I hope you solve your internet problems soon.
    You and me both....

Quote Originally Posted by kirstenh View Post
    It depends who you have as your internet service provider - we have cable internet with Comcast, and our modem and router are all one unit.
    Apparently after "talking" to Earthlink the other day the best we can get with DSL where I am is 3.0 Mbps.... which beyond sucks. I've got the router actually... mostly.... working by having it plugged in in the living room... still not sure if it is the phone plug in here (hubby says they rarely fail) or the modem/router since yesterday it was still going in and out at will or depending on its mood. Right now its saying connected but that 3.0 that we are suppose to be getting? Yeah through the WiFi I'm barely pulling in 1.0. I know you lose some by going WiFi but this is freaking nuts. At least I can sort of get online.

I had been thinking of switching to cable for a while. (I could get cable through TW but it would still also be Earthlink) I've been with Earthlink since 1999, and while everyone else thinks nothing of switching ISP's I have so much of my life/world tied up into my Earthlink email... but when I mentioned switching one of my FB friends who is an electrician and who is very smart with tech stuff said "For all the heartache of DSL, Cable Internet is worse - performance craters during busy hours 3-11 PM, anyone with a 'sniffer ' app on your cable segment can see the entire data stream - everything you do that isn't encrypted goes by and can be captured, including some usernames and passwords."

That kind of freaked me out... then again millions of people use cable internet and don't have any problems. And has for service "cratering" in the evening.... I'm only pulling 1.0 Mbps now!!! Heck it it cratered to 4 I'd still be better off!!!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• world class bilge rat

I have the cable hook up for internet. I have my modem and router as separate components. The reason why? It's easier to trouble shoot what hardware pieces are giving you problems. If the modem is dead you won't get access to the internet at all because that's the gateway to be able to access the internet period. Now if it's the router you can still access the internet without it. The router just makes it possible to have a wireless connection to your computer. You can hardwire directly to your modem and access the internet. I've had to do that until I've replaced my router.

Ahh technology it's a blessing and a curse……
    I've found that a pretty fair number of modem/router failures are not the actual device but the power supply. I'm not very good with computer technology, but I can troubleshoot electrical/electronic stuff pretty good.

When I hear of a modem/router causing trouble, the first thing I check is the power supply. Simply remove the plug from the device, measure voltage with it plugged in (it's low voltage; you cannot be shocked with it), and compare the reading to the nameplate.

The last one I did was supposed to be 9 volts, and it was sitting at about 3.5, new power supply and it worked again.

A bad power supply will cause either a slowdown or a complete failure, depending on how low the output is.

• Under that tree again!

Quick hello and good bye. I was tired this afternoon because I was up so late the last couple days. Going to get to bed soon.

Nanners.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by micromind View Post
    I've found that a pretty fair number of modem/router failures are not the actual device but the power supply. I'm not very good with computer technology, but I can troubleshoot electrical/electronic stuff pretty good.

When I hear of a modem/router causing trouble, the first thing I check is the power supply. Simply remove the plug from the device, measure voltage with it plugged in (it's low voltage; you cannot be shocked with it), and compare the reading to the nameplate.

The last one I did was supposed to be 9 volts, and it was sitting at about 3.5, new power supply and it worked again.

A bad power supply will cause either a slowdown or a complete failure, depending on how low the output is.
    Um.... never thought of that. Will have to check that out tomorrow maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Quick hello and good bye. I was tired this afternoon because I was up so late the last couple days. Going to get to bed soon.

Nanners.

Well hello and Nanners Swampy!!! Always glad when anyone can stop by and say howdy, even if its just for a minute!

all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Disney Renaissance FTW!!

I'm seeing World of Color for the FIRST TIME this Sunday
    The Disney Renaissance

1989-1999

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by RenaissanceMan View Post
    I'm seeing World of Color for the FIRST TIME this Sunday

Have an excellent time. Try to get into the middle of the viewing area, and don't hurry to the front just try to get a spot along a rail in any tear.

I watched most of the recorded early world cup game. Mexico v Cameroon. Lots of sloppy soccer.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I didn't make it to World of Color on my last vacation. There's a lot that I didn't do.

• world class bilge rat

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    I didn't make it to World of Color on my last vacation. There's a lot that I didn't do.
    Too crowded, or it just happened to turn out that way?

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by micromind View Post
    Too crowded, or it just happened to turn out that way?
    A little bit of both, actually.

5 days in the parks just isn't enough time for me to do everything that I wanted to do. I move a whole lot slower than when I first visited Disneyland in 05. Crowds definitely played a part in my choices this trip. After a long day on my feet, standing for WOC is not a priority for me. I am going to have to plan my next trip a bit differently. I am already re thinking my strategy for my WDW trip.

• Under that tree again!

Well bummer. But something to look forward to for next time.

Everyone check out that moon if you haven't, but watch out for black cats.

Nanners! Going to watch some soccer tomorrow.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

Still intermittent net and phone issues... yesterday no dial tone, no net... then got the phone back... today no dial tone but I can sort of get online.... sporatically.

Seriously do not like technology....