Page 41 of 134 FirstFirst ... 163138394041424344516691 ... LastLast

• Under that tree again!

Re: RCMC # 136 - It's Not Easy Being Green - Hop to it everyone....

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    Tuesday. Well yesterday the teacher I use to work with came to the room and got all of her stuff. Or... most of her stuff. We had most of it boxed up and sitting in the middle of the room but the truth is almost EVERYTHING in that room was hers. I was hoping maybe she would forget that the art supplies that we use are hers and that she would leave them....

It was after school when she went and got stuff so we'll see this morning when we go in whats left.

Just want the whole thing behind us and to close this chapter and move on....
    Was the problem with her, or did she have a problem with someone else? Or the district?
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagleman View Post
    To sleep, that was last night.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kirstenh View Post
    Anxious for Pengy to get online so we can see what was taken/left.
    Wow....

Well first I have to say that 90% of the stuff that was in the room was hers. But it was a shock to come into the room this morning and find.... pretty much EVERYTHING gone. She took chairs, the microwave from the kitchen, all the cabinets full of office supplies and art supplies, the VCR.....

And while most of the stuff was hers and she was in her rights to take it... some of our stuff was mixed in. We had most stuff boxed up in the middle of the room and thought she would just take that stuff. But.... we had a few things in with the art stuff we brought in.... I had brought in a bunch of flatware left over from a yard sale that she took. We had some portfolios with examples of art that we had done with the students... one she had dumped all the stuff out but mine and one other person she took all the stuff in the portfolio. Some other random things that we made a list of to give to the secretary tomorrow.

But the VCR was school property. We had 3 Badge-a-minute machines and all the parts that she said she paid for but I remember end of the year school money being used for their purchase. And when we were cleaning out her office we found a bunch of student files... copies of IEP's and confidential stuff... scattered all over her office in piles.... and student files in one of the drawers in her desk... those disappeared. Some we had put in a cardboard box labeled "confidential" to take to the office, and the rest I had left in the drawer where they were.

So the first thing I did this morning was go to the secretary and principal and tell them about the files and the badge a minute machine... a coworker went and got some basic supplies for us (glue, scissors, etc), and the sub teacher we have, who has worked as a principal in the district went to the library to see if he could hunt up another VCR. The librarian sent out an email to see if anyone had one we could "borrow" apparently, and one of the teachers responded "U2 wants to borrow our stuff? You would think they could afford their own…

I saw that in the email and it took every ounce of control I had to NOT respond to that.

Of course... the nights not over yet either.

Its been an emotional roller coaster. Of the 4 or so years this teacher has been on our campus this is the second year we have had to have a different sub every 20 days (union contract thing) because she's been out. One year was a workmans comp thing, this year because she let her credential lapse and was suppose to take a class to clear it. We thought she was taking the class but it was suppose to be finished by the first of the year and.... we never head if she finished/passed the class or what. Supposedly the district has told her two other times to come get her stuff, and given her chances to do it... but this time she was all angry because it supposedly came out of no where and she didn't know she didn't have a job anymore.

Its to bad because she knows her stuff, she's good with the kids and she has a lot of knowledge and ideas about working with the students... just there was never any follow through.

And she's still on my FB friends list... and I feel like I'm stuck in the middle... just want to get through the rest of the year, take my time off and go play with my new grandson.... July can't get her soon enough.

It was nanner time!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Lord of the Sky

Blog Entries

It was nanner time!
    Next time say........N A N N E R timeI'am old
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

• Lord of the Sky

Blog Entries

School Day...at work..........(for training)
    So Iam going to bed eary..........NANNER time
    Good Night All !
    Jim
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

Next time say........N A N N E R timeI'am old
    Well I'm old too!! Maybe thats why I forgot!

School Day...at work..........(for training)
    So Iam going to bed eary..........NANNER time
    Good Night All !
    Jim
    Nanners Jim! Good luck with the training tomorrow!

all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Under that tree again!

Bummer all around.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

*shrugs* Its just another chapter in life... you read it and move on...

• Under that tree again!

Nanners everyone.

Tomorrow will be a new day.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

Sounds like a good plan! Time for me to nanner on down the road too!

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

Woke up to howling winds and a massive sinus headache. At least today is a minimum day at school. I still have to be there at 7 but the kids don't get there until 9.

• Under that tree again!

How does that work? Is it like a half day, but a late start and early end? Or really a 3/4 day?
    Be Cool Stay in School!

• Triple Goddess

I remember when I was teaching. The hardest part was that there was never any money to get all the supplies I wanted so I always ended up purchasing most of the supplies with my own money. The first class I taught was at a private Kindergarten and they had nothing! I even had to buy some chairs for the class! When I left there it wasn't on the best terms, the owners had become careless with our paychecks, but I left all my stuff behind. I figured I bought it for the kids; it should stay with them. I found out from a colleague that all I left behind was looted by the other teachers. The next school I worked at had much more in terms of supplies and whatnot, but I still ended up buying quite a bit for my own class. Everything that I ever bought for any class, I labeled and brought in receipts to have on file. In fact, it was school policy, and everything taken out of the school had to be checked out.

• Triple Goddess

Woke up to howling winds and a massive sinus headache. At least today is a minimum day at school. I still have to be there at 7 but the kids don't get there until 9.
    I don't understand the logic behind those kind of scheduled days. Cooper had 2 last week when he didn't have to go in until 11:30. I guess it's so the teachers can have time to prep and whatnot and not have to stay after school to do it. It just seems that minimum days are a waste. Just give everyone the whole day off. But, I know they have to have so many hours logged in a year. I guess some weird days are to be expected.

• Under that tree again!

I've heard, and maybe someone can firm this.

When I was in school, our teacher went with us to the library, the art, musics teachers and pe instructor came into our classroom. It sounds now that teachers take kids to the library, art rooms, gym/playground, music room and drop the class of for 30 minutes. Then the teacher has 30 minutes free. Plus they have paraprofessionals watching kids at lunch and recess. Teachers are only with their class about 4 hours total each day.

So doesn't that mean teachers have 4 hours of planning time now a days?
    Be Cool Stay in School!

• Triple Goddess

I don't know what they do in the times when they are not with the kids. They are definitely not with the kids at lunch or recess. But my kids' teachers are with them in computer lab, P.E. and library times. I spend a lot of time volunteering in their classes. The teachers are with the kids all day except lunch and recess. Recess is only 15 minutes. And lunch is the teacher's lunch time. Sometimes, they do a combined activity with another class and one of the teachers may leave to go work on something in his/her class, but other than that? In my kids' district we have early dismissal every Wednesday. We get out an hour early every Wednesday. That is supposedly the teacher planning time. But there are minimum days thrown in every now and again that make no sense to me. A minimum day is usually 4 hours long and they DO have lunch and recess on minimum days. It just feels like not much teaching goes on on minimum days; they usually watch movies or play games.