Page 48 of 134 FirstFirst ... 233845464748495051587398 ... LastLast
Results 706 to 720 of 2009
  1. #706

    • world class bilge rat
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Fernley, NV (Near Reno)
    Posts
    14,269

    Re: RCMC # 136 - It's Not Easy Being Green - Hop to it everyone....

    Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    Did ours early (for us) since we had to use the returns to get health insurance. We ended up paying... not as much as it could of been but still...
    Actually, owing a bit is the best way to go. When you get money back, it's not free money; what you've actually done is give the government an interest free loan.

  2. #707

    • Under that tree again!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,496

    Re: RCMC # 136 - It's Not Easy Being Green - Hop to it everyone....

    Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelluh View Post
    Hi room!!!
    Well hello!

    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
    hello room.
    Howdy Rex!

    Quote Originally Posted by micromind View Post
    I get those updates too; I'm with you, very often the latest and greatest is actually worse than what it updated.
    What the update on how you feel? Did you body recover from the hard work yesterday? Did you get a soak in last night?

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    I finally figured out how to scroll. My grandson helped me with that. "Grandma", he said, "I don't know why you don't just use the track pad". Of course, once again, Sean's right.
    That's good you learned something new.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

  3. #708

    • world class bilge rat
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Fernley, NV (Near Reno)
    Posts
    14,269

    Re: RCMC # 136 - It's Not Easy Being Green - Hop to it everyone....

    Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    What the update on how you feel? Did you body recover from the hard work yesterday? Did you get a soak in last night?
    Yep, spent some time in the hot tub. Mine is outside and even though I usually don't go in if it's windy, last night was worth it anyway.

    Sore in the morning, not too bad though.

    Today was no better; the wet plant (it makes washed sand) got a new slurry pump last winter. They started the plant for the first time this season and discovered that the new pump needed more power than the existing motor could supply.

    So they replaced the 125HP motor with a 150. And I replaced the wire feeding it. It was about 140' long, 80' underground and 60' aboveground. The underground part went into a box about 10' up, so I had to pull upward while standing on a ladder. Fairly hard pull.

    My shoulders hurt. Even more than yesterday.....lol.

    The aboveground part wasn't exactly easy to pull, but not very hard.

    Bet I sleep good tonight.....

  4. #709

    •   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Posts
    65,933
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: RCMC # 136 - It's Not Easy Being Green - Hop to it everyone....

    Quote Originally Posted by micromind View Post
    Actually, owing a bit is the best way to go. When you get money back, it's not free money; what you've actually done is give the government an interest free loan.
    True. We usually wait until the last minute because I know we will owe each year so why rush into it. I figure if we can get close to breaking even its all good!!!




    Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!


    Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

  5. #710

    • Hooterville, USA
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The Haney House
    Posts
    10,176

    Re: RCMC # 136 - It's Not Easy Being Green - Hop to it everyone....

    Big earthquake at 9:10 pm!


    This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

  6. #711

    • Lord of the Sky
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    o.c. Calif
    Posts
    19,754
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: RCMC # 136 - It's Not Easy Being Green - Hop to it everyone....

    Local

    3.6-Magnitude Quake Strikes
    La Habra Area


    Soaring like an EAGLE !

  7. #712

    • Lord of the Sky
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    o.c. Calif
    Posts
    19,754
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: RCMC # 136 - It's Not Easy Being Green - Hop to it everyone....

    report went up to 5.4
    a good rolling earthquake!
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

  8. #713

    •   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Posts
    65,933
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: RCMC # 136 - It's Not Easy Being Green - Hop to it everyone....

    Apparently there have been like 3 so far with the 5.3 or 4 being the biggest one.

    I felt nuttin......




    Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!


    Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

  9. #714

    •   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Posts
    65,933
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: RCMC # 136 - It's Not Easy Being Green - Hop to it everyone....

    Correction... 4 quakes so far.


    • 3.6
      2km SE of La Habra, California2014-03-28 21:30:51 UTC-07:000.1 km
    • 3.4
      2km ESE of La Habra, California2014-03-28 21:11:53 UTC-07:000.1 km
    • 5.1
      2km E of La Habra, California2014-03-28 21:09:41 UTC-07:001.9 km
    • 3.6
      1km ESE of La Habra, California2014-03-28 20:03:39 UTC-07:006.8 k




    Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!


    Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

  10. #715

    • Hooterville, USA
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The Haney House
    Posts
    10,176

    Re: RCMC # 136 - It's Not Easy Being Green - Hop to it everyone....

    Kind of shaky around here.


    This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

  11. #716

    • Lord of the Sky
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    o.c. Calif
    Posts
    19,754
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: RCMC # 136 - It's Not Easy Being Green - Hop to it everyone....

    Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    Correction... 4 quakes so far.


    • 3.6
      2km SE of La Habra, California2014-03-28 21:30:51 UTC-07:000.1 km
    • 3.4
      2km ESE of La Habra, California2014-03-28 21:11:53 UTC-07:000.1 km
    • 5.1
      2km E of La Habra, California2014-03-28 21:09:41 UTC-07:001.9 km
    • 3.6
      1km ESE of La Habra, California2014-03-28 20:03:39 UTC-07:006.8 k

    YES...I getting same report........
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

  12. #717

    • Lord of the Sky
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    o.c. Calif
    Posts
    19,754
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: RCMC # 136 - It's Not Easy Being Green - Hop to it everyone....

    OK......sound like ....no body was hurt........at this point.......
    But E S still checking for damage......
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

  13. #718

    • Lord of the Sky
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    o.c. Calif
    Posts
    19,754
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: RCMC # 136 - It's Not Easy Being Green - Hop to it everyone....

    good night all
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

  14. #719

    • Under that tree again!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,496

    Re: RCMC # 136 - It's Not Easy Being Green - Hop to it everyone....

    Quote Originally Posted by micromind View Post
    Yep, spent some time in the hot tub. Mine is outside and even though I usually don't go in if it's windy, last night was worth it anyway.

    Sore in the morning, not too bad though.

    Today was no better; the wet plant (it makes washed sand) got a new slurry pump last winter. They started the plant for the first time this season and discovered that the new pump needed more power than the existing motor could supply.

    So they replaced the 125HP motor with a 150. And I replaced the wire feeding it. It was about 140' long, 80' underground and 60' aboveground. The underground part went into a box about 10' up, so I had to pull upward while standing on a ladder. Fairly hard pull.

    My shoulders hurt. Even more than yesterday.....lol.

    The aboveground part wasn't exactly easy to pull, but not very hard.

    Bet I sleep good tonight.....
    I don't like swimming or tubbing when it's really windy either. My tub is outside, it's connected to the drained pool and I drained it too, for the winter. I've though about filling the tub back up and now you have me thinking I should so it's ready when I go on a long bike ride.

    I'll have to call a pool guy and see if I can fill one and not the other. Because the tub spills over into the pool and the pool won't be topped out to overflow and get pumped back into the tub. It's making me wish I had two separate systems.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eagleman View Post
    good night all
    Sleep well.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

  15. #720

    •   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Posts
    65,933
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: RCMC # 136 - It's Not Easy Being Green - Hop to it everyone....

    Up to 9 quakes as of now. Only one "bigger" one and the rest have been 3.0 and under. Gonna be a long night for the La Habra/Brea area....

    Nanners Jim!!! Stay safe and get some sleep!




    Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!


    Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Similar Threads

  1. VMK's 'It's Easy Being Green' Quest
    By cyre in forum Disney Interactive and Game Industry Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-01-2008, 04:24 AM
  2. Tim Allen: being Santa isn't easy - USA TODAY 10/30/06
    By ALIASd in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-30-2006, 07:46 PM
  3. HK Disneyland `not delivering' on its green promises - The Standard - 8/24/05
    By 100th Dalmation in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-24-2005, 01:53 PM
  4. Not Another Thread About The Little Green Boxes...
    By MickeyJCA in forum The Tech Lounge
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-12-2005, 06:25 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •