Page 66 of 134 FirstFirst ... 164156636465666768697691116 ... LastLast

Re: RCMC # 136 - It's Not Easy Being Green - Hop to it everyone....

I had to stuff 1,089 envelopes today. I had help, but still I think I'm going cross-eyed and I can feel myself slowly losing my mind.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

My trip to the eye doctor was not what I expected. I know that I am badly nearsighted. I have been my entire life. I had corrective eye surgery at the age of seven, and have worn glasses ever since. The first thing that I do in the morning is put on my spectacles, and the last thing that I do at night is take them off.

I have never had such a thorough eye exam. At least not that I remember. I have been to many eye doctors over the years. Many opthomologists, and optometrists too. I never spell opthomologist right. The doctor told me today that I have a droopy upper eyelid. I never notice it, because I wear my glasses all the time. I am not a fancy female who applies makeup to her eyes either, or perhaps that would have caused me to notice how much it droops. The doctor says if it droops too much, I might need/want to have it surgically repaired, because it might eventually effect my vision. This is over my bad eye. The same one that I surgery on as a child.

The doctor also said that I have scar tissue on the back of both of my eyes. Not sure what this is called, but he wants me to return in 6 months. Not the checkup I was expecting. I just figured, he'd say you need a new prescription, and everything else is O.K. Nope, that didn't happen.

My husband goes to the same eye doctor because he has glaucoma. He has one good eye, and no vision at all in the other one. His one eye was totally damaged by a BB Gun when he was a young boy. He has adjusted very well these many years, and the eye problem actually kept him out of the service or he may have had to serve during the Viet Nam War.

I hate having my eyes dialated. The eye tests were not painful in anyway. I sure had a lot of them today. I like the eye doctor, and the staff is very nice. I guess I have just become a regular patient.

I get my new glasses in a week.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kirstenh View Post
    I had to stuff 1,089 envelopes today. I had help, but still I think I'm going cross-eyed and I can feel myself slowly losing my mind.
    Yeah that does not sound like fun....

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    My trip to the eye doctor was not what I expected. I know that I am badly nearsighted. I have been my entire life. I had corrective eye surgery at the age of seven, and have worn glasses ever since. The first thing that I do in the morning is put on my spectacles, and the last thing that I do at night is take them off.

I have never had such a thorough eye exam. At least not that I remember. I have been to many eye doctors over the years. Many opthomologists, and optometrists too. I never spell opthomologist right. The doctor told me today that I have a droopy upper eyelid. I never notice it, because I wear my glasses all the time. I am not a fancy female who applies makeup to her eyes either, or perhaps that would have caused me to notice how much it droops. The doctor says if it droops too much, I might need/want to have it surgically repaired, because it might eventually effect my vision. This is over my bad eye. The same one that I surgery on as a child.

The doctor also said that I have scar tissue on the back of both of my eyes. Not sure what this is called, but he wants me to return in 6 months. Not the checkup I was expecting. I just figured, he'd say you need a new prescription, and everything else is O.K. Nope, that didn't happen.

My husband goes to the same eye doctor because he has glaucoma. He has one good eye, and no vision at all in the other one. His one eye was totally damaged by a BB Gun when he was a young boy. He has adjusted very well these many years, and the eye problem actually kept him out of the service or he may have had to serve during the Viet Nam War.

I hate having my eyes dialated. The eye tests were not painful in anyway. I sure had a lot of them today. I like the eye doctor, and the staff is very nice. I guess I have just become a regular patient.

I get my new glasses in a week.
    Wow! Sounds like this eye doc knows what he is doing! Interesting!

Spend my day running around when I wanted to stay home and get some stuff done and now I'm tired and crabby. And need to go do some "work" around here that I'm not in the mood to to but...

And have to do part of my CPR recert online... and can do it at home... need to do that by Friday because then I have to go in and do the actual jumping on the manikin part.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• world class bilge rat

My knees are shot tonight, and my arms ache.......

I had to hook up a 300 horsepower electric motor today on a rock crusher. The motor is about 2' in diameter and about 4' long. It has 12 wires in its terminal box, each about 5/8" in diameter. There are 6 power wires coning in to the box, each about 7/8" in diameter. They needed to be spliced in 3 groups of 6.

It wouldn't have been so bad, except it is located in a spot that I needed to work with stiff wires at mostly arms length.

Yeah, I know; builds character........lol. I've already got plenty of character.........

Lol.

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

Ouch!! That too does not sound like any fun. Ok... my running around was nothing compared to that... I have no room to be crabby!!

all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by micromind View Post
    Yeah, I know; builds character........lol. I've already got plenty of character.........

Lol.

You are a character, Rob.

Hope everyone's evening went well.

Nanners.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

Hey Swampy!!

Think I'll nanner too! Maybe I won't be such a bad mood tomorrow if I get some sleep tonight!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Enjoying my first cup of tea in the morning. For some reason, today's cup is extra yummy.

Now I need to decide exactly what I am going to do with my Thursday.

Hope you all enjoy yours.

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

Didn't get up till the second alarm went off... was so nice and comfy...

And forgot to get the trash out last night... darn it. The recycling doesn't come till mid day but the regular trash truck is usually early. Maybe I can talk hubby into getting it out...

Summer is here apparently. Should be around 90 today I think. I haven't actually seen any weather for a while...

Catch you kiddles later!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I refuse to take out the trash. I put it out on the enclosed back porch, and my grandson usually grabs it on his way out. He goes that way anyway. Everyone in this house, except me always exits out the back door.

My bath tub needs a good cleaning. I think I will get busy doing that, right after I do my dishes. I also think that I will make chili today. My husband needs something for his lunch tomorrow.

I have a new mortgage company, and they still haven't taken out my April payment. The old company did it on the first of the month. The new one said the tenth of the month. I will be nervous until I see the deduction, online on my account. I guess I worry too much.

Back to my chores.

• Triple Goddess

• Meh

I have an interview today at 2pm, wish me luck!
    Grim, I lost her once; I'm not gonna lose her again.

Good luck!

• Meh

Quote Originally Posted by kirstenh View Post
    Good luck!
    It was the most intense interview I've been in And it lasted like an hour! We shall seeeeee!
    Grim, I lost her once; I'm not gonna lose her again.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Mind Tricks View Post
    It was the most intense interview I've been in And it lasted like an hour! We shall seeeeee!

Maybe that's good news?
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.