•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Speaking of Sports

So what kind of Sports do you like?

With the closing of many of the threads that were created for the purpose of getting a club formed, I thought it might be a good idea to start a general thread about sports.

As you may know, I love Baseball. I am fortunate enough to have 2 baseball teams in my town. I also follow football, when the Bears play, and have even been involved in a friendly family football pool.

It was hard not to like sports, growing up in my house. My brother taught me how to play baseball. We use to play a form of tackle football on our knees, in the house, when I was young. We used to watch wrestling on Saturday nights. Later wrestling was on, on Sundays at noon.

My boys played Little League baseball. My husband is a referee for softball, basketball, and football. He played hockey as a teenager. Our youngest son played ice hockey, and both of my boys played floor hockey.

Then there's bowling. My grandson loves to bowl. Probably most of you have bowled at least once in your life.

Sports is a good thing, I think. It gives us physical exercise, and also an emotional outlet.

So let's talk Sports. Any, and All Sports. It's a fun thing to do.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

• 'Taint sure it's puddin!

Re: Speaking of Sports

Golf first and foremost. My wife and I love to play - only downside is the price, but you can usually find a cheaper club to play it.

Many fond memories of sitting in Riverfront stadium watching the Big Red Machine - I was able to run around the bases before they tore it down. I was so tempted to dive headfirst into home like #14, but chickened out at the last. I played softball for a few years, but my total lack of power, speed, and skill hampered that!
    "Search the boat...."
    First works spoken by Captain Nemo (James Mason) in the Disney classic - 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

PROUD Member Of................

Do you MiceChat?
    There are several ways for you to help support the site you love:
    - visit the MiceChat store
    - Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page
    Whatever you do, your help is much appreciated!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

When we take my grandson to Wisconsin Dells, they have a Little Links course for families. It is 6 holes. Par 4, I believe that's what they say for each hole. One year, I played with Sean. I said, "How hard can it be?" Well, it's harder than it looks. It was, however, a lot of fun. The Wilderness Resort is where the course is located. We have a great time each summer there. This year Sean has invited 2 friends to go along on our yearly summer trip. The kids, who are a brother and sister, are really looking forward to playing golf with Sean. I will caddy, and keep score. It's a great way to spend the morning. The cost is reasonable, and they provide the clubs, golf balls, and tees.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

• 'Taint sure it's puddin!

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann
    When we take my grandson to Wisconsin Dells, they have a Little Links course for families. It is 6 holes. Par 4, I believe that's what they say for each hole. One year, I played with Sean. I said, "How hard can it be?" Well, it's harder than it looks. It was, however, a lot of fun. The Wilderness Resort is where the course is located. We have a great time each summer there. This year Sean has invited 2 friends to go along on our yearly summer trip. The kids, who are a brother and sister, are really looking forward to playing golf with Sean. I will caddy, and keep score. It's a great way to spend the morning. The cost is reasonable, and they provide the clubs, golf balls, and tees.
    I used to think golf was boring until I tried it; same with my wife. And it is MUCH harder than it looks, but I think that is its broadest appeal. Kind of a journey, never perfected. Good analogy for life.

I was born in Wisconsin - I sure miss the cheese! (but not the snow)
    "Search the boat...."
    First works spoken by Captain Nemo (James Mason) in the Disney classic - 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

PROUD Member Of................

Do you MiceChat?
    There are several ways for you to help support the site you love:
    - visit the MiceChat store
    - Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page
    Whatever you do, your help is much appreciated!