Page 1 of 43 12341126 ... LastLast

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

The Designated Driver's Thread

There are those of us who don't drink. Perhaps we never have liked the way it tastes. Maybe we can't handle alcohol, because it makes us sick. On the other hand, we may have family members that abuse it, and bad memories are attached.

So when we go out, we are most likely the designated drivers.

I post a lot here. I have made many friends here. We talk about everything. When the conversation turns to alcohol, I get uncomfortable, and I flee.

So I decided that we need a new thread. I welcome you to come and talk here about whatever you'd like. Just refrain from the references to drinking alcohol

There....I have been honest.

This is the Designated Driver's Thread.

May 11 - 16, 2015

• Senior Minion

Re: The Designated Driver's Thread

Sounds good to me!!!
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Another place for me to strike up a conversation. I love to talk.

May 11 - 16, 2015

• Senior Minion

On here, i'll talk and talk, but in life, not so much. I'm usually a very quiet person who keeps to herself, total opposite of when I was little.
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

• up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Joshrzmeup View Post
    On here, i'll talk and talk, but in life, not so much. I'm usually a very quiet person who keeps to herself, total opposite of when I was little.
    Yeah same here but only because most of my friends were back stabbers now i met a bunch of good people here.
    Quote Originally Posted by aashee (Farter Extraordinair) View Post
    Wow. If regular MiceChatters saw this thread they might think we are normal. Thanks Dan & Gina!

• Senior Minion

Yeah, and I used to smile alot too when I was younger, but kids can be cruel to someone who doesn't have white teeth. That was around the time when they tried to teach us that it's what's on the inside that counts.
    I also used to raise my hand alot in class, and that's what the teachers always said, and that I should raise my hand less, so I stopped altogether and been that way ever since.

• up to no good

Teachers should be more encouraging theyy of all people should know bullying is wrong.. So what you want to raise your hand. As long as someone was interested in there boring class
    Quote Originally Posted by aashee (Farter Extraordinair) View Post
    Wow. If regular MiceChatters saw this thread they might think we are normal. Thanks Dan & Gina!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I wasn't a very popular child. I had crooked teeth, and an overbite, and I was teased a lot. My cousin once called me ugly and that hurt a lot. I didn't have a lot of friends.

I liked sports. Sometimes my brother would play baseball with me, when his friends wern't around.

I met a wonderful man and got married and had 2 boys. I have a wonderful grandson named Sean. The great thing about MiceChat is that we can be who we want to be, and people will like us because of the things we convey through our posting, and not how we look.

May 11 - 16, 2015

• Princess of my own world

Quote Originally Posted by I_luv_Disney View Post
    Teachers should be more encouraging theyy of all people should know bullying is wrong.. So what you want to raise your hand. As long as someone was interested in there boring class
    I completely agree with you. I teach 5th grade and always make sure to compliment a student on their answer no matter how far out it is. I make sure to keep the classroom a comfortable place to where they want to volunteer. I think I'm doing a good job so far, when I ask a question that they all know at least 90% of the class raises their hands.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I was a fairly good student. I raised my hand sometimes. My brother and I ended up in the same class when he was graduating from Grammar School. He didn't like that. The teachers would compare us, which wasn't fair. My brother didn't like school much.

May 11 - 16, 2015

• Princess of my own world

The same thing happened to my sister. Her and I are two years apart. I was a good student, A's and B's always turn in work and stuff in high school. Then when she would get one of the teachers I would have they always compared us. My sister hated school so she did bare minimum to pass, but they always asked why when she was my sister. I hate when teachers do that.

• Directly directed

I was discouraged from rasing my hand too. So I stopped and started shouting out the answers instead. I was a very obnoxious child. I'd like to think I've grown out of it but i talk the most in almost all of my classes.
    Great idea for a thread Barbaraann

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I suppose it is hard for teachers to not compare children in the same family. My brother hated the fact that I was in the same room with him the year he was graduating. He said that I spoiled his fun. He wanted to misbehave the way most 8th graders tend to do. He thought that I would go home and tattle to our mother. I never would have. I always thought what the other kids did was kind of funny. Just harmless fun. I was too afraid to get into trouble. I remember that after that, I became a little more outspoken, and began speaking up for myself a little more.

May 11 - 16, 2015

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

What do you do when it rains? It is raining here in Chicago. I am still taking down all the Christmas stuff. I have an attic 2 flights up. So I have been carrying stuff up. I don't think that it will all get up there today.

I have a room in the attic that I am setting up to do my scrapbooking, and my other hobbies in. I like to crochet. I do plastic needlepoint projects, sometimes. I'd like to start going through some of my old stamp collection. I have a lot of Disney Stamps from many countries that were issued in the 80's and the 90's.

I finally had to take a break, so I decided to check out MiceChat.

May 11 - 16, 2015

• Directly directed

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    What do you do when it rains? It is raining here in Chicago. I am still taking down all the Christmas stuff. I have an attic 2 flights up. So I have been carrying stuff up. I don't think that it will all get up there today.

I have a room in the attic that I am setting up to do my scrapbooking, and my other hobbies in. I like to crochet. I do plastic needlepoint projects, sometimes. I'd like to start going through some of my old stamp collection. I have a lot of Disney Stamps from many countries that were issued in the 80's and the 90's.

I finally had to take a break, so I decided to check out MiceChat.
    It's raining and hailing here. On days like this I like to make a batch of chocolate chip cookies and read a good book in my nice warm bed.

You must have an awfully big attic to be able to store stuff and use it as workable space!

Page 1 of 43 12341126 ... LastLast