Thread: Quija

Quija

Does one have to have a partner in order for the board to work? Is it really considered evil, has anybody used one recently? share your story.

Re: Quija

pronounced (wee:Gee)

• Huh?

You mean a Ouija?

I haven't used one. But, basically, the ones holding it are the ones pushing it around, not some spiritual force. It's more of a psychological nature overall. In studies, the blindfolded participants (all believers) were asked to do use it twice -- once they did it normally, the next time, the board was secretly turned around. During the second time, it pointed to where the letters would have been if the board was in the position that it was in the first time around.

If it really is talking to spirits, I really doubt that the spirits are as blind as the participants.
    -Tim

• Senior Minion

You don't have to have a partner for the board to work, but it does make it more fun. As for being evil, I think it is all in the mind of the person using it. Plus, that type of thinking is more about getting young kids all freaked out when you tell them they have angered the spirits and something bad is gonna happen to them ...

I got a glow in the dark one just for the heck of it and haven't had any bad experiences with it. I've heard plenty of stories though, like once you buy one you can never get rid of it, because no matter how many times you throw it away it will come back to you. Or how somebody cracked the lens on the triangular piece and it bleed ... stuff like that.

In high school though we did something akin to the Ouija board, but used four wooden pencils instead. To this day it still works, and I could swear I feel something ... but it could always be my mind trying to make me believe.

So you get four wooden pencils, any wooden pencils ... oh and another person because you can't do this by yourself. You each get two pencils and hold them by the tips, and you let the erasers of all four pencils touch each other so they form parallel lines. I forgot what means yes, no and maybe ... but the pencils change forms and cross over each other when you ask questions. Try it, if anything you will have a good laugh and a little bit of fun!

• Angel Eyes

i'm a little weird about a ouija board. we were playing with one one night and my mom told me to ask it a question and she was doing it, so i did and it answered it. and this was a question that she did not know the answer to. I dont know if they are evil or not, but i know i havent touched one after that night and it freaked me out so bad that i made them put it on the porch before i would go to sleep. i believe they work if you have the right person doing it. my mom is in tune with the supernatural, she sees ghosts and stuff like that, and that night we were talking to my grandma and she was answering stuff only my dad knew. so the only thing i know is try it and see how it works for you.

For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul. -Judy Garland

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

I agree with FB, I tend to think that they are more psychological then ghostly.

I mean, they are made by Parker Bros., which means something.

The only time that it got, I dunno, weird---my friends had been using one in their dorm room, and, from their reports, not mine, the board kept saying it was a afraid that (my name) was coming and would hurt them (the spirits using the board.

I entered and it stopped working for the night.

HA! That will teach those ghosts to fear me!

Peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend