Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• formerly PretzelSouls!

What Are You Paranoid About?

What Are You Guys Paranoid Of? [Phobias work]

Me:
    1) Dying in an air plane crash.
    2) Getting struck by lightning after sticking chopsticks in the middle of rice.
    3) Going uphill on Disneyland rides.
    4) Going downhill on Disneyland rides.
    5) Over sleeping.
    6) Failing classes.
    7) Ghost,spirits,dead things.
    8) The year 1868.
    9) Being injured at Disneyland.
    10) Being attacked in line rage at Disneyland.
    Last edited by MsSarah; 03-28-2008 at 09:46 PM.
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

Re: What Are You Paranoid About?

Ummmm.....do you really mean paranoia? or just an irrational fear or phobia? There's a pretty big difference there.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by disneytim View Post
    Ummmm.....do you really mean paranoia? or just an irrational fear or phobia? There's a pretty big difference there.
    Thanks......the original post doesn't seem to have the correct definition of Paranoia.......

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Ok, so I'm not the clearest person lol...
    I meant 'phobia or fear' I'm just really PARANOID about 99% of things so I just use that phrase a lot.
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PretzelSouls View Post
    Ok, so I'm not the clearest person lol...
    I meant 'phobia or fear' I'm just really PARANOID about 99% of things so I just use that phrase a lot.
    Are you paranoid about paper plates?

• formerly PretzelSouls!

o_O LOL - Only the ones with flowers printed on them...they've been known to be used as deadly weapons. You could consider that in the 1% of things that aren't exactly scary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    Are you paranoid about paper plates?

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Well, if we going to discuss phobias or fears then here is one of mine:

HEIGHTS

Now, when I am dropping from the top of Splash Mountain, it doesn't bother me in the least - being up high. I love it. However, if I am in the Mickey and Friends Parking Structure and I have to walk across the bridge (where cars drive underneath) I get totally nervous. Do you know which bridges I speak of? Anyway, I have to look straight ahead when making the brisk trek across those bridges otherwise I get shaky because I feel like I am going to be sucked over the edge. I know it sounds bizarre, but it's how I feel. The same is true if I go to the railing of the second or third story of a multi-level mall.........I just feel like I'm going to get sucked over the edge.

It sounds ridiculous........I know.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

Paranoid means you believe a person or a group of people are out to get you or are causing you to be fearful. For instance, you can be paranoid about people correcting your use of the word "paranoia."

Unless you believe someone's conspiring to mess with you when you're going uphill or downhill on a Disney ride, then you just have an irrational fear.

• formerly PretzelSouls!

OOOH that scary thing, I've always hated that crossing in the parking structure. When I was I think 14 or 15 I really loved staring over the balconies at hotels, especially the ones that were like 26 stories up...I'm a giant chicken now. I feel your pain! By the way, I really like your pic in your siggy.

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    Well, if we going to discuss phobias or fears then here is one of mine:

HEIGHTS

Now, when I am dropping from the top of Splash Mountain, it doesn't bother me in the least - being up high. I love it. However, if I am in the Mickey and Friends Parking Structure and I have to walk across the bridge (where cars drive underneath) I get totally nervous. Do you know which bridges I speak of? Anyway, I have to look straight ahead when making the brisk trek across those bridges otherwise I get shaky because I feel like I am going to be sucked over the edge. I know it sounds bizarre, but it's how I feel. The same is true if I go to the railing of the second or third story of a multi-level mall.........I just feel like I'm going to get sucked over the edge.

It sounds ridiculous........I know.

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Well, at one point I thought a group of 'people' were out to get me...so I guess that would qualify.

&&p.s. I'm really not crazy, I just have a few issues I'm working on
    Quote Originally Posted by disneytim View Post
    Paranoid means you believe a person or a group of people are out to get you or are causing you to be fearful. For instance, you can be paranoid about people correcting your use of the word "paranoia."

Unless you believe someone's conspiring to mess with you when you're going uphill or downhill on a Disney ride, then you just have an irrational fear.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PretzelSouls View Post
    I'm really not crazy, I just have a few issues I'm working on
    I think we all pretty much qualify on that.

• Colorful

April Showers bring May flowers all in the Golden Afternoon

Fireworks...or rather...the loud noise they make. I an legally blind and can't see them or where they are coming from. Spooks the heck out of me. It used to be a really bad phobia. used to have panic attacks on 4th of JUly and New Year's Eve. Not cool...or fun. I've learned to control it very well. I just don't hang around somewhere where they are about to shoot them off. Get indoors and watch TV or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    We are 100% grade A Disney Dorks.

• Disappearing/Reappearing

hmmmm....

I'm scared of bugs....esp. Spiders.

Deep water (I can't watch those shows where they show ship wrecks. creeps me out)

Heights (I'm with DLDaddy, Splash doesn't bother me...but, Astro Orbiter...scares me silly)

Elevators (is it any wonder I HATED ToT and STILL have flashbacks when I ride elevators?)

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchy View Post
    Heights (I'm with DLDaddy, Splash doesn't bother me...but, Astro Orbiter...scares me silly)
    See, Rocket Jets (or, Astro Orbitors) and Dumbo don't freak me out.......for some reason.....and even when the PeopleMover was in action, nada - same for Monorail........doesn't freak me out in the least.........just these bridges.....Skyway didn't bother me either....as long as I didn't hang my head over the edge....

There's a bridge over the 57 around Lincoln that we used to roller skate down years ago.........and when I used to go on it, I was fine...but the idea of going up there now freaks me out....

Driving up to the mountains freaks me out too.....I cannot let my vision waver off the path, because then I feel like I'm going to get sucked over the edge..... I know it sounds crazy, but that's how I feel.

• Disappearing/Reappearing

see...I'm fine on mountains. I can sit close to the edge, walk around....I'm fine. But, man made structures...nope. I'm fine on Dumbo, and the Magic Carpets and People Mover....the Astro Orbiter just terrifies me. Maybe it's the combo of having to ride an elevator to go up there and then, being on top of a building AND then going further up. Just the thought of sky scrapers terrifies me. I can't go above the 3rd floor.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast