Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Sock Puppet

Chauvinists... I can't understand

I was just browsing through the bookmarks on my family computer and I found this website linked (courtesy of my brother) and started browsing. http://www.menarebetterthanwomen.com/

I'm going into my second year of college this year but I came to the horrible realization this year that there are a LOT of people out there who are extremely sexist.
    I knew that my father and grandfather are sexist. And I have always mentioned that stuff like makes me extremely angry. I voice that to my brother and he joked back (or so I thought).

I know (or hope) that this is just an extreme example. I know that that is nothing I can do about the way that people think. I know that I can't get all people to agree with me. But I cannot believe that people think like this.

• Minion

Blog Entries

Re: Chauvinists... I can't understand

if your father and grandfather turn out that way, what made you think your brother wouldn't too?

I find the best way to change their minds is to prove them wrong at every turn. have a flat, call them and tell them,AFTER you change it yourself in high heels in the rain! They want dinner on the table everynight by 5....give them salad from mc donalds and tell them, there's dinner, you want something else, you fix it, I work too. If they pull that, grab um in their special place and wait till they cry, then tell thim, "labor is 10 times worse....deal"

ect ect

• Winter in Oceanside...

You are awesome Krystle!!

• Winter in Oceanside...

Quote Originally Posted by Rapunzel View Post
    I was just browsing through the bookmarks on my family computer and I found this website linked (courtesy of my brother) and started browsing. http://www.menarebetterthanwomen.com/
    I started browsing that site and my blood pressure began to spike, so I stopped. Are there still Neanderthals like this out there?

• Better Butter Battle Vic

Blog Entries

I work in a male dominated industry, and I try to ignore the comments that clients make but when the guys I work with are jerks knowing that I can do my job it just irks me up a wall. For some men it doesn't matter what you say or do, they are fine with women being in a workplace, just not in the same position and level as them.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

This problem is so unbelievable real it's awful. My grandfather is this way, and still is to this day at 87. But I like how Krystle put it all. Men aren't going to change and if they have fathers who are this way to...that is what they will be. Such little respect for women...

Oh and if you didnt' like that website (it was awful BTW) DO NOT listen to Tom Likkus. That pig is just....ugh. And men are listening to it..following what he says, which sometimes includes things like, but is not limited to: treat women like dirt, they like it (WTF!), never get married, never buy a woman anything unless she's gonna give it up, just treat women as objects..not humans.

Now granted, to be honest SOME women do act disrespectful to themselves. But when a woman has EARNED her respect, she is NOT in the same category as these other women and should not be treated as such.

And no joke..that man is a pig and he is on national US radio...*vomit*

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessY View Post
    I started browsing that site and my blood pressure began to spike, so I stopped. Are there still Neanderthals like this out there?
    Sorry to introduce the health condition. I had the same reaction. It is just sad that there are people this crazy out there.

A friend refereed to me and my other female friend as the "b" word. Not in the way you would as if you are speaking angrily about someone, kinda in the way glamorized by the music industry. I didn't even think twice about it until another male friend erupted saying that it was the same as calling him the "n" word.

And krystle beautifully said. I was actually just on my way to change the oil in my car.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

I hate to be the one to say this, but I am a total chauvinist pig. I really like the established gender roles we as women play as opposed to the roles males do. I feel as a woman, there are certain things (like feeding my family and running a household) that are my job to do. Just the same, I expect men to be real men and do man things.

Edited to add: These "men things" I mention are things that I can do on my own, but really, why would I want to if I can get someone else to do it? I know I am just as capable as any man, but again, I enjoy the traditional roles assigned to each sex. My huge dream in life is to be a good wife to my husband and a good mother to my kids, and in my eyes, that means staying at home and running things there.
    Last edited by sunnygirl; 07-14-2008 at 11:00 AM.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Minion

Don't let him push your buttons. Men like that are just very insecure and/or ignorant.
    I want my cake back!

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by Rapunzel View Post
    And krystle beautifully said. I was actually just on my way to change the oil in my car.
    LOL totally! I've changed my car tire, bought major electronics (which recently includes a Samsung flat screen tv which I did my research on and KNEW everything about..more than the Best Buy sales guy! :P:P ) and own my own tool box which I've used....

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl View Post
    I hate to be the one to say this, but I am a total chauvinist pig. I really like the established gender roles we as women play as opposed to the roles males do. I feel as a woman, there are certain things (like feeding my family and running a household) that are my job to do. Just the same, I expect men to be real men and do man things.

Edited to add: These "men things" I mention are things that I can do on my own, but really, why would I want to if I can get someone else to do it? I know I am just as capable as any man, but again, I enjoy the traditional roles assigned to each sex. My huge dream in life is to be a good wife to my husband and a good mother to my kids, and in my eyes, that means staying at home and running things there.

This is the way I look at it:

As far as the "House" stuff is concerned, there are things we both do (Dishes, Laundry, cooking, etc). We both work so it just goes to however is less busy that day.

As far as the other stuff (Taking the trash out, taking the car to get an oil change, changing a tire, fixing the plumbing, etc) ... that's MY job. I know it's my Job. Belle knows it's my job. As SunnyG said, she can do it, but why should she have to if I am more than willing to do it.

I'm just waiting for somebody to say that by me opening the car door for my wife I'm attacking her womanhood ... ETC ... ETC.

• Winter in Oceanside...

I really like the established gender roles we as women play as opposed to the roles males do. I feel as a woman, there are certain things (like feeding my family and running a household) that are my job to do. Just the same, I expect men to be real men and do man things.
    I think this is a totally different issue that what is being discussed on that site Rapunzel linked. Being called a b***h is quite a bit different than opening a door for a woman. Saying that "because you have a penis, you won't ******* up whatever it is you are trying to do" (a direct quote from this site) seems just a bit disrespectful. Or that all women are "cheating wh***s and "getting attention from men is a woman's lifeblood." And it doesn't seem to be in a joking way - as if that would make a difference.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Don't misunderstand - I'm totally against anything that degrades women in any way. But I'm also comfortable putting my women's lib hat away and being a girl in most situations. I know I am capable and able. That's enough for me.

As far as calling women "bitches" etc, I'm not into it. But it certainly doesn't belittle me or discount any of my accomplishments thus far. Sticks and stones and all that.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Winter in Oceanside...

But I'm also comfortable putting my women's lib hat away and being a girl in most situations.
    As I am too, and as I believe most women (and men!) believe. It is just the select few who are jerks about it and make some women looks like "radical women's libbers".

• Minion

Blog Entries

I don't mind a guy who wants t take care of me and lets me do what i want ( like the housework and cooking). But i do have a problem with a guy who expects me to do those things and if their not done there's hell to pay. My father was like that and my mom finally dumped him after 25 years of his crap.

She raised me to be independent so I can do what I need to do without a man. It would be nice to have that guy there, but it's not mandatory for me.

I'd bet someone $50 that the author of the site is physically abusive as well as verbally toward women. Did anyone watch the Dr. Phil clip? I wanted to slap that guy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast