• Waiting for the stork

Sad My babies are growing up...

Well today is the first day of school for both of my kids.
    And I'm very sad, they are growing up so fast.

both started new schools because we moved over the summer, the good news is I had more anxiety than either one of them....they were so excited last night it took forever to fall asleep and they were both up before me this morning....

but T is in 1st grade now, He looked so cute, and so big , he just rushed right off into his new class like such a big boy.

K is in Middle school now, OMG MIDDLE SCHOOL!!!! that can't be right? I am so not ready for this....She looked beautiful and all grown up in her first day of school clothes...She has a scheduel and class changes, locker and everything.

What happened to my babies???
    When did they get so big???

I took the day off work, that's how hard the first day is for me.....ahhhhhh

still an hour and a half before I can pick up K 2 hrs for T.....

I miss them already....

(damn attachment parenting....it bites you in the A** everytime)

Does anyone else have this hard of a time on the first day????
    I hate it.
    procrastibating

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Re: My babies are growing up...

Well I don't have kids, but my nephew will be turning two in a few weeks. He does not live near by unfortunately but the last time I saw him he was just a few months old. Now over the phone I can hear him starting to talk and I have heard that he is already walking. I can't wait to see him again. When he gets old enough to play with action figures, I will give him some that I use to play with. Man have those two years gone by fast. I am very curious to see what interests he will take up as he gets older, that is pretty exciting to think about, atleast I think so.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

I could've written that post last week, I totally feel your pain

Take solace in the fact that while you are counting the minutes T is probably running around the big kid playground with a huge grin on your face and will come home to tell you alllllllllll about his wonderful day

And K is feeling comfortable already and will come home saying it was "cool"

Last week Shawn didn't even want to go to the playground in the morning and I walked him, today he dropped his backpack and lunchbox off, gave me my hug AND kiss and ran off with a new friend, an adorable little girl in braids!!

Last week Kyler knew absolutely no one in the 6th grade and today when I took him to the school to get on the bus for camp there were at least three "HEY KYLER"'s yelled out(AND I got to see his crush! )

I have the "how did my kids get so old" feelings too. It's been really strong this past week. Especially when Kyler told me "my birthday's in two weeks & I only have two more more non-teenage birthdays left!"

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Original Mice-Chatter

heh- ok, try having a sophomore, an 8th grader and a 6th grader and your last baby has started kindergarten..yeah- that would be me. Davis is almost as tall as me- in his shoes he is taller, hugging him is weird....I see the man in him and it is just amazing.

• Man O Lantern

Oh man. Welcome to my world. I'm so sorry you're having those owie pangs in your heart, Tink!! I know exactly how you feel!

The first day of school is always traumatic for me. They're all excited, we've been ready for months, shopping-wise, we've gotten lucky with teachers, with schools, with friends.....and yet I'm freaking out on the inside.

The last two years were really hard for me. Courtney filling out and turning into a big kid, Cassidy going to kinder, then going full day last year. Ack.

Now that Courtney will be in 5th grade next week and Cassidy will be in 2nd grade, I'm dying!! I SO don't want school to begin. I'm not even buying them soccer cleats....or new jackets yet. I'm really in some major denial.

Courtney will be separated from her best friend this year for the first time, but THANKFULLY the rest of their group is in Courtney's class AND they got the "cool" teacher. The only male teacher in the school and he's great. Everyone loves him (and he's not hard on the eyes ) and he makes a huge deal about the fifth graders being the oldest in the school. He makes that year extremely special. And even though they switch classes during the day, being in his homeroom is the place to be.

Cassidy has the most professional teacher in the school. She's strict/structured, but SO sweet and friendly. She doesn't bend the rules, she's extremely organized (still uses teaching plans after 20 years on the job!), and she is THE teacher to get, as she's also the TAG coordinator for the school and pushes her kids to excel. I'm so happy for Cassidy. She's going to have a really great year. She had a similar teacher last year, and she blossomed academically. She never thought she was a smart kid until first grade. Courtney was born thinking she was smart, so it was a big deal for Cassidy to figure out that in a lot of ways she is more advanced than Courtney at the same age.

Chloe has one more year of preschool and doesn't start til a week after the other two. So we have an extra week of play.

The freaking weather....it's RAINING here. It never rains in August. We were supposed to go to the coast for three days tomorrow....but it looks like we might have to bolt in the other direction, somewhere sunny and with a pool. We need to relax and celebrate together this last week before our lives get super-chaotic again. I just want to cuddle with them...all three together...while we have no schedule, no place to be.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

The best advice I have for you is to enjoy every minute that you have with those gorgeous kids.
    I had my baby early, I just turned 40 and he's already a few years into college.
    I don't know how it happened. I swear I put him to bed one night just an adorable boy who wanted a bedtime story and woke up to a 6'4" hulk of a manboy with a car and his own house.
    I have no idea where the time went, I certainly wasn't ready for him to grow up, certainly not ready for him to leave the house and I probably cling way to much.

Enjoy, that growing up bit happens when your not looking

• Waiting for the stork

Thanks everyone,
    I had a rough day yesterday, but they had a fantastic time!!!

K sais the day goes so much faster when you get to switch classes, she loves it.
    She found 2 girls that she used to go to school they moved form her elementry school in the last couple years...so old friends reunited that's a very good thing.
    She even said Chorus was fun (she was so dissapointed to get chorus, she wanted exploratory.....the only elective they got to chose)

T had fun too, but he didn't really want to talk about it (which shocked me, usualy you can't get the kid to shut up!) I do know that he had a great time on the playground.....he was too busy to eat!!! his whole lunch was still in his lunchbox and this child is my bottomless pit!)

I survived too, just barely

I cleaned the kitchen, baked cookies, cleaned the bathrooms....just kept myself busy.

when they got home the work started, they each came home with thick packets of papers I have to read and sign....and then we had togo shopping for school supplies, first time ever (gawd that was expensive!) but she is all set (and color co-ordinated)

Lunches are made, now I need to make breakfast....and send them out again...

oh well, i guess that's the way it soppossed to be....

oh one more comment, when we went to pick up K, we were watching all the other kids come out....what shocked me was the 8th grade girls....Oh no, that's going to be her in 2 years.....have you seen them??? they look so grown up!!!! This mommy gig is hard.

thanks for listening, and everything....
    procrastibating

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

Tinkerbelle - glad you survived. It never got easier for me and its still hard every time my kid drives off in his car for school. Guess thats why the call parenting a life long job! Hang in there!