Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Proud US Navy Wife

My baby needs surgery...

Hey everyone. As some of you know, my son was ill and unable to keep down any formula. The doctor switched him from normal Nestle Good Start to Enfamil Lipil to Nestle Good Start Soy to Nutraminigen to Alimentium... They even tried pedialyte but to no avail.. He kept throwing everything up. We went to the dotors two days ago and I told him no more formula changes. He suggested attempting a medicine that will possibly help... But we did not have a clue what was wrong so I didn't want to just try a medicine. Instead we got admitted to the local hospital and they ran tests on him. We got the results and were told only surgery would fix it and that we had to transfer to Arkansas childrens hospital. I forgot what the problem is called, but what it basically is is he has a valve at the bottom of his stomach that helps regulate the food that goes into your system that is too big. Even if he drinks like 20 ccs.. hes lucky to geta few drops that actually go into his system, the rest stays in his stomach til it gets overfilled and he throws it up. So, they discharged us yesterday, gave us all te paperwork we needed and copies of the x-rays and ultraound.. and off we drove four hour to this hospital. We got here at 4 pm and were stuck in the emergecy room til midnight.. then they finally admitted us and we went to our room...which we share with another family and baby that has the same thing... My son hasn't eaten in 12 hours.. they say he can't eat til after surgery.. he been practially starving to death for two weeks.. and they said he -might- have surgery today.. else wise tomorrow.. im really freaked out and angry... but i have to be here for my baby.. I mean he only is a month old and hes going through all of this.. i dont know what to do.. its not fair.

• 333: I'm only half evil!!

Blog Entries

Re: My baby needs surgery...

Oh I'm so sorry. I will keep your son and your family in my prayers. I hope he has a speedy recovery following the surgery.
    AP Holder.
    Stay at home mom of 4 - Austin, Tyler, Sierra and Ashlyn.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

apologies- the computer i am on does not have a working shift button.

that sounds exactly what my best friend's daughter had. i can't be certain it's the same as this was several years ago and i forgot exactly. but it sounds like it's the same. she had the surgery, it went fine and has never had a problem again. she is a healthy, beautiful 4 year old.

i know how scary that must be. i am a mother of two, i can only imagine what you must be feeling. but i am sure everything will be fine and that within a couple days, your little one will be feeling much better.
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• love my friends

My thoughts and prayers are with your baby and your family ((Hugs to you all)) everything will be ok

Friends for life

• Disappearing/Reappearing

you're in my prayers.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Oh my goodness, prayers for you and your family are coming your way.

Please update us and let us know how it went. It sounds like pyloric stenosis, which is not an uncommon surgery to correct, so I'm sure everything will be just fine.
    A signature should go here.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Its extremely scary when your baby is sick. When my daughter was 6 weeks old, she had an allergy to soy that I didn't know about and she was throwing up everything too. I so remember thinking she was so little and I just had her and all the scary thoughts that go through your mind. Thankfully hers was just an allergy and shes now 26 years old and just fine, but I know the helplessness you feel.

I'll be sending my thoughts and prayers out your way! Its going to be scary and rough for a while, but the doctors know what they are doing and in no time at all, I know your son will be healthy again!! Hang in there, and if you need to vent or cry or whatever, remember we're good listeners!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

I think Susie P is right - it does sound like PS. My daughter, now age 10, was a preemie and spent 98 days in the hospital, undergoing a few surgeries during her stay and even when people would tell me it was a very common surgery and the outcome will be great, it didn't lessen my fears. Prayer is a wonderful thing and so is knowing a huge group of people are keeping your family in their thoughts. Stay strong and try, as hard as it will be, to take care of yourself too. Rest when you can, eat when food is offered to you. And the hardest part? Let go and let the doctors do what they need. Recognize that there is nothing you could have changed and you are doing everything you can do for your son.

I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you’d meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later you’d be playing like you were best friends?"

• At one w/ our Disneyness

Hang in there! SO thankful you've found out what it is and that it can be corrected. So stressful when little ones fall ill, let alone need hospital care. Know that we're sending all the best get well wishes!
    Just countin' the days til the next visit!

• no flash photography...

I'm sorry you have to go through this. A lot of unfair things happen in life, stay strong, you are already doing the best for him....you will be in my thoughts.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

I'm sorry this is happening. Just remember, the baby will feel much better after everything is fixed. Stay strong, I wish you the best.

• Directly directed

My prayers are with you and your family!!

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I hope all goes well with your little one. It's scary when they aren't feeling well.
    Visit the Hamand Family Blog to see what we've been up to. http://matthamand.blogspot.com

• Proud US Navy Wife

A update...

Well the baby was suposed to go into surgery last night... He got all prepped and we went down to the OR waiting area... The surgeon came out and said he had to go back to the room, we were being pushed back. A trauma just came in and they had to take care of it. I understood about the trauma but I asked if there was another room and they said there was but they just took another boy in there and started on him.. they said he had a complicated foot surgery and it would be hours.. We would not be going in tonight.. Now I don't wish pain on anyone but I was kinda ticked that a 15ish year old with foot surgery that would take hours went before the three babies all with this pyloric stinosis stuff.. these babies havent eaten in over 24 hours at this point.. and its affected em for two weeks.. they were starving to death! I kind of thought that should have been more of a priority then feet... especially since the surgery takes like 20 mins compared to hours.... Luckily all three of the got surgery this morning. Alexander is feeling a heck of a lot better.. He is eating well and not spitting up. His stomach is a bit sore but otherwise he seems to be happy and calm. Thankfully this should be over now.

• love my friends

I am so glad he had his surgery FINALLY.. it has to be so hard on you. Like others have posted, TAKE CARE of yourself ok. your baby needs you..

((hugs)) the baby and you are continuing in my thoughts and prayers

Friends for life

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast