Sad I wanted to blog, since I haven't upgraded to Gold.....

I am tired of being disappointed by people. Have you ever known someone for a while, and you built them up to be this really great person. The more you learn about them, you see them for who they really are. And you don't like what you see.
    You can't get upset with them b/c they never said that they were this great person. You just looked at them through rose colored glasses. Now the glasses are off, and you really don't like what you see. I'm 35 and a New Yorker so I was born a skeptic, but when this happens. It is truly heartbreaking.
    I realize sometimes a fantasy is better than reality.
    Last edited by novelist73; 10-26-2008 at 06:04 AM.
    " It takes a lot of courage to love with your whole heart something that you know is temporary."
    - Nyree Emory(dear friend)

• Never give in.

Re: I wanted to blog, since I haven't upgraded to Gold.....

Quote Originally Posted by novelist73 View Post
    I am tired of being disappointed by people. Have you ever known someone for a while, and you built them up to be this really great person. The more you learn about them, you see them for who they really are. And you don't like what you see.
    You can't get upset with them b/c they never said that they were this great person. You just looked at them through rose colored glasses. Now the glasses are off, and you really don't like what you see. I'm 35 and a New Yorker so I was born a skeptic, but when this happens. It is truly heartbreaking.

I think a lot of people are a disappointment these days... they always seem to pretend to be someone they're not, and then people go along with it. I have a friend that I have known for a few years..and um...I thought she was this really nice person that I could talk about anything to, and looking at her now, I can't believe I ever wanted anything to do with her. She definitely isn't who I thought she was...
    ♥ "Don't care about all the pain in front of me
    'Cause I'm just trying to be happy." ♥

Re: I wanted to blog, since I haven't upgraded to Gold.....

You are so right. When I look back at the people who were my friends at one time. At that moment you think you will be in each others lives forever. Now, wow I rarely think about them. All of my close friends now I've most of my life. They are the ones that are there for everything. All of my first, my friends were there. Marriage, kids, family members death, etc, etc. Good times and bad. But there is always that one....
    As Jay-Z says: 'You just lost one"
    Holla
    " It takes a lot of courage to love with your whole heart something that you know is temporary."
    - Nyree Emory(dear friend)