Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Man O Lantern

Another mom. Another first day of school lament.

Tomorrow is the first day of school for Cassidy and Courtney. I'm so excited, sad, scared for them. I hope socially things go well, I hope academically that they are challenged, I hope they have fun, I hope this year is the best.

But damn. Can't it wait another week?

We did all the supplies shopping back in July, so they're all set to go. We got the school clothes shopping done last week and it was a blast!! It was actually really fun this year.

My oldest, Courtney, is in women's shoes, a size 7, so we always have fun picking out cool shoes. Her faves this year are black low-top Converse with a pink tongue. She's a junior size 1 now in jeans, so we got so many cute pairs of jeans and cords. She has a huge tee collection, so we just added some cute 3/4 length sleeved tees from Lucky and a few new tees. She didn't want anything else. She's definitely more casual this year. Very Paul Frank and vintage tee and beat up jeans. Cute.

My seven year old, Cassidy....her shoe selections never fail to amaze me. She has awesome taste. She picked out a kickass pair of brown hi-top Doc Marten boots (last year she had the black and white flowered ones!). I LOVE THEM!! She also got a pair of the madras plaid hi-top Converse. They are hilarious. She wore them with a skirt and a Darth Vader shirt the other day and I was rolling. Tomorrow, she's wearing a pleated khaki dress with her hi-top Docs. She's in heaven.

They got their hair cut today. Cassidy's hair is SUPER short and cropped into layers in the back (so short they had to use the clippers!) and into an A-line bob. It's SO cute! Courtney's got hers cut to her shoulders and has her first LAYERS! I used some Kerastase and the flat iron tonight and made some chunky layers and we loved it. We'll do that again for tomorrow.

They're excited and sleeping like angels. I'll be up all night....excited....wandering around wondering if I've forgotten anything.

I need a hug. And a stiff drink.

• Smells like beer

Re: Another mom. Another first day of school lament.

Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell
    I need a hug. And a stiff drink.
    Well then get your Stinkerbutt over to the DMCA!! Hugs and Bud Light o'plenty!.....or do you prefer Jello shots??
    I find it hard
    It's hard to find
    Oh well, whatever, nevermind

• Again! Again! Again!

Sounds like they are ready for school!! I'm sure it will be a good year for them. Now go make yourself a giant margarita!

I heard my mom talking to my sister in law. She asked her if she cried today because it was my niece's first real day of kinder. She was in pre-K last year but only gone 3 hours a day. Now she's in school for 6! And my nephew is in 3 day at his school. So today was my SIL's first day with no kids in the house. I can't believe they are getting that old! Now I need a stiff drink!

Oh and this is for you...
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

I told ya before, cherish it, I swear my by was starting kinder one day and then I turned around and he was off to college. Its precious time. I swear growing up is harder on the parents than it ever is on the kids.

• ...the legend

Blog Entries

Aw stink, I'm so glad you started this thread.

My baby is starting preschool tomorrow AND it's his 4th birthday.

Bittersweet to be sure.
    I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it.
    That explains the trouble that I'm always in...

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

and to those Mom's having a tough one today! Treat yourself to something nice, distract yourself as much as possible and come feel the love from your MiceChat peeps!

• Minion

My girls are going into their second week of school... DD2 community college and DD3 5th grade.

The worry and bittersweetness does not get any easier with time...it is hard to believe that at our house we have been having "first day of school" for eighteen years in a row (DD1 and DS are 21 and 23).

I'm so bad I forgot to take a picture of DD3 on her first day of school at home on the fireplace...she reminded me at school where I did take a picture, but still...bad mommie.

• Banned User

Stinkerbell, good thread!!
    my girl went last week and she was upset when she got home. She was sad because she did not know any one and she felt out of place. I brought a cake to school and baloons during lunch reak and she was suprised. All the kids thought this was totally cool and from then on she is having a great time. She comes home happy and I am so relieved!
    Its tough sending them off, but I look at it as them meeting others, playing and being social ( like us at work and on here )
    my little boys will be going to head start and both on the bus starting the 22nd. They are so excited and so am I. Love the fact my kids love school, I hated it and did not get thru all the grades, but if your kids like school its awsome!
    Hugs to you hon, I know how you feel, but I bet the kids are going to be loving it

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Awwwwww Stink I feel ya I LOVE Cassidy's style so much pictures of the Darth tee, skirt and converse have got to be priceless!! I would love to see pictures of their haircut, they sound adorable!!

I understand about wishing for another week, Ky & Shawn have been in for 3 weeks now and it's still so weird with Shawn just taking off to the big playground like a big boy

I hope they both have great first days of school and that you got your drink last night and you are following it up with a latte this morning

<dork alert>Oh and is it weird that when you were talking about Courtney's hair I had flashbacks to you doing mine in July?

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

Big hugs to you stinkerbell.

I love that the girls have their own sense of style. You are a very cool mom to encourage that.

Take a deep breath, drink a big *** margarita, and look forward to picture day.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• My cuties!

I hope your girls had a great first day!

I am SOOO not looking forward to the first day of kindergarten for my two; thankfully it is still 2 years away!

• Man O Lantern

Bah, I tried to reply with pics a few minutes ago.....but MC ate it!! I'll wait and see if it posts....sometimes a half hour will go by and then my eaten post will randomly appear!!

• Man O Lantern

Well, I guess I'll try this again.

Tina!! When I was doing Courtney's hair last night with the flat iron, I was actually THINKING about doing your hair back in July!! So, no, NOT weird!!!

I'm gonna post the pics, hit submit and hope for the best:

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

They are too cute for words! Ali will be excited to see a picture of Chloe. Although, I am sure she will start asking for short hair again.

The Docs are so totally awesome. They really do make the outfit. Is that bowling bag Courtney's lunch box?
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

OH those pictures are GREAT!!!!I just love love love the picture of the Doc's! and I'm telling you when Shawn see's that lunch box he's going to poop!!

I swear your girls are just utterly adorable!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast