• formerly PretzelSouls!

Make-Up Ideas For Halloween?

Hi all. Halloween is in 2 days, and I've yet to find a good make up pair to go with my costume...no I'm not going trick-or-treating, I'm going to a party.

I'm going to be a witch and need help figuring out what I should do make up wise. Any ideas?
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: Make-Up Ideas For Halloween?

Sexy witch or an ugly witch?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

Depending on my mood or the theme of the party you can go two different ways. I've gone as a witch a lot so I have 2 stand-bys:

1.) Smokey black/gray eye. I don't know how to do a real smokey eye so I just load up on black and gray eyeshadow, use a light color on the brow bone, and then line both lids (top and bottom) with black and kinda' smudge it. Lots of mascara. Then the rest of my makeup is really simple with bronzer instead of blush, and either a red-ish lip (apply Cover girl Tru Shine's red with a finger lightly and then clear gloss) or my typical normal berry lipstick (it looks like my natural lip color and I am afraid of nude lipstick.).

2.) ODing on green eyeshadow. This is what I wear if I'm going to work in costume and it's tongue and cheek a quasi-take on the Wicked Witch of the West. Basically I put on the greenest eyeshadow I own (which I bought a Loreal color just for this. It's like kelly green with a pearl shimmer) and put a lot on. Seriously A LOT! Then either put that dry to liquid liner stuff (Two face has it as does Benefit. I own the Two faced because it came with an eyeshadow kit) and line my eyes in a darker green shadow/liner. Or I do black (or brown depending on the mood) eyeliner really heavy. The rest is simple red-ish lips (done the same way just a little darker or actually applied from the tube of lipstick) with lots of lip gloss.

I mean you could go all creepy with the fake wart or do a full green face, but...I don't know that to me is too hard and overkill.

• Disappearing/Reappearing

yeah. I agree with Kk. That's exactly what I was going to suggest. A real dark eye. And bright red lips. If you want to be a little more festive....try adding a little glitter to your eyes. Another trick I like.....use a really sparkly white eyeshadow to brush over the top of your blush. It adds more sparkle, goes great with your eye glitter. There's a great color for this by Bon Bon. It's that 88 cent stuff you see at Walmart. It's perfect for that cause, it's loose eyeshadow. Just dump a little in your palm, and use your blush brush to dab it, and apply it. Oh, they also have glitter in that brand. That's what I buy to do my daughter's makeup with for Halloween.

If you really want to add sparkle, you could apply some glitter to the very middle of your bottom lip. Just to add a little something. The gloss would go on top and really make it sparkle.

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Sexy witch or an ugly witch?

Hmmm....I would go more on the lines of a 'sexy' witch but nothing over the top creepy look.
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Quote Originally Posted by knittingknerd View Post
    Depending on my mood or the theme of the party you can go two different ways. I've gone as a witch a lot so I have 2 stand-bys:

1.) Smokey black/gray eye. I don't know how to do a real smokey eye so I just load up on black and gray eyeshadow, use a light color on the brow bone, and then line both lids (top and bottom) with black and kinda' smudge it. Lots of mascara. Then the rest of my makeup is really simple with bronzer instead of blush, and either a red-ish lip (apply Cover girl Tru Shine's red with a finger lightly and then clear gloss) or my typical normal berry lipstick (it looks like my natural lip color and I am afraid of nude lipstick.).

2.) ODing on green eyeshadow. This is what I wear if I'm going to work in costume and it's tongue and cheek a quasi-take on the Wicked Witch of the West. Basically I put on the greenest eyeshadow I own (which I bought a Loreal color just for this. It's like kelly green with a pearl shimmer) and put a lot on. Seriously A LOT! Then either put that dry to liquid liner stuff (Two face has it as does Benefit. I own the Two faced because it came with an eyeshadow kit) and line my eyes in a darker green shadow/liner. Or I do black (or brown depending on the mood) eyeliner really heavy. The rest is simple red-ish lips (done the same way just a little darker or actually applied from the tube of lipstick) with lots of lip gloss.

I mean you could go all creepy with the fake wart or do a full green face, but...I don't know that to me is too hard and overkill.
    Thank you! I think I am definitely going to go with the smokey eye look!

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchy View Post
    yeah. I agree with Kk. That's exactly what I was going to suggest. A real dark eye. And bright red lips. If you want to be a little more festive....try adding a little glitter to your eyes. Another trick I like.....use a really sparkly white eyeshadow to brush over the top of your blush. It adds more sparkle, goes great with your eye glitter. There's a great color for this by Bon Bon. It's that 88 cent stuff you see at Walmart. It's perfect for that cause, it's loose eyeshadow. Just dump a little in your palm, and use your blush brush to dab it, and apply it. Oh, they also have glitter in that brand. That's what I buy to do my daughter's makeup with for Halloween.

If you really want to add sparkle, you could apply some glitter to the very middle of your bottom lip. Just to add a little something. The gloss would go on top and really make it sparkle.

That sounds awesome, I'm going to try that! Thank you!