• formerly PretzelSouls!

Smile The Okara Cookie Diet

Has anyone tried this? Do you know anyone who has tried this? Results?
    I am thinking about it, my friend recently bought a box of them during her quest of loosing weight.

Soy Milk Okara Diet Cookie
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• My cuties!

Re: The Okara Cookie Diet

Eat these cookies and you'll lose weight??! Why not just watch your calories and exercise? Oh wait, that is too hard. It never ceases to amaze me at how many people want a quick fix to their weight problems instead of making life style changes.

This isn't directed at you, pretzelsouls; I just get really annoyed with weight loss claims like these cookies are making.

• Mr. Faranheit

Blog Entries

How much weight loss are they promising? They don’t come out and say, but promotional materials urge the dieter to “aim for” a nine pound loss in nine days. But even taking the company’s own calorie data, the deficit between a box lunch and the cookies is only 750 calories, enough to help you lose only about two pounds in nine days.
    This may not concern Kenkou, whose marketing efforts are hit and run. The company’s representatives show up in retail food stores for one-week special promotions, and then move on, before disgruntled customers can return to complain. The diet cookies are also sold via mail-order flyers distributed door to door and an internet site. How much does the diet cost? A one-meal packet of the tiny cookies sets you back about $4.00.
    Soypal Cookie Diet: Soy Milk Cookie Fad Diet Sweeps Japan, Comes to U.S.
    Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

• Mr. Faranheit

Blog Entries

She says cookie diets DO work -- in the short-run. Cutting calories leads to weight loss. But in the long-run, they're too short on calories to remain effective. You should be getting your vitamins and minerals from real food, she adds. And cookie diets don't teach how to approach eating properly, or how to deal with "emotional" eating.
    "Cookie Diets" May Crumble Over Long Haul, Dietician Keri Glassman: They're Short On Nutrients, Calories, And Education For Long Run - CBS News
    Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I don't do any of the fad diets. They don't work. Period. The best way to lose weight and keep it off is to watch your calorie & fat intake and exercise regularly.

• Senior Minion

People are desperate for a 'quick fix' these days and are mad when the weight comes back.
    Diet & exercise is all it takes. Watch what you eat and exercise. Simple as that.
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

Okara is the fiber and protein left over from making tofu. It is healthy to eat as part of a balanced diet. It can be added to baked goods. But, I like to make vegetarian chicken nuggets and patties from it. I get fresh okara when I make my own tofu which is also a very healthy food to eat.

The Okara Cookie diet probably won't hurt you. But you will be spending a lot of money for something you can make much cheaper. You can buy dried okara at oriental stores and their are numerous recipes for okara cookies on the Internet.

If you want to get really committed to using Okara, tofu and soy milk, you might consider buying a soy milk maker on Ebay. Soybeans are relatively cheap.