Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: BareMinerals

• formerly PretzelSouls!

BareMinerals

Hi all. I was in a Sephora store on Saturday and came across bareminerals...the lady who worked there highly recommended the products.

What do you think about them?

For the mineral veil, what is the difference between feather light and mineral veil?

Is it worth paying $20 for the brush?

Extra input?

Thanks!

http://www.sephora.com/browse/produc...dPaginate=true
    http://www.sephora.com/browse/produc...categoryId=RVP
    Last edited by MsSarah; 11-10-2008 at 04:20 PM.
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• Winter in Oceanside...

Re: BareMinerals

Bare Escentials Bare Minerals!! Love the stuff! I use the tinted mineral veil, so don't know about the feather light.

There are many on here who use BE Bare Minerals. I'm sure someone will chime in soon to help you out.

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessY View Post
    Bare Escentials Bare Minerals!! Love the stuff! I use the tinted mineral veil, so don't know about the feather light.

There are many on here who use BE Bare Minerals. I'm sure someone will chime in soon to help you out.
    Thanks!
    I have fairly light skin, I'm not quite sure if I should check into the tinted mineral veil or not.
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• Winter in Oceanside...

I have light skin too and the tinted works fine for me.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

If you're interested in Bare Minerals, I would highly suggest buying the getting started kit. The price of the kit is worth it for the brushes alone, but it's a great kit.

If you do a search in Gibson Girls I'm sure you'll find a wealth of information about Bare Escentuals. There's quite a few of us here that swear by it.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

Love the starter kit. I've used my mineral veil like twice. I have 2 big things of it too. I don't know when to use it.

I will say this about the whole line: it quasi-stopped break outs. I used to break out a ton with regular make up. Now it's only PMS and even then not that bad.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Highly recommend! And like Dmom said, the price of the starter kit is worth it just to get the brushes.
    A signature should go here.

• Mrs. J. Depp

All my friends use and swear by it too. As soon as this darn MAC is gone, BE Starter Kit here I come! I can't wait to wear a makeup that is actually better for my skin.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by knittingknerd View Post
    I will say this about the whole line: it quasi-stopped break outs. I used to break out a ton with regular make up. Now it's only PMS and even then not that bad.
    Same here. My skin looks better overall since I started using it.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Good to know that it is really good for your skin. I breakout a lot.

• no flash photography...

LOVE bare minerals and get the intro kit. You will get all the brushes and everything you need to start.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

HIGHLY recommend Bare Minerals! I've been using it for 3.5 years and I absolutely love it. Best makeup EVER. Like others have said, get the starter kit. You get 2 shades of foundation, so you can figure out which is right for you, or you can blend them to get your perfect shade. Now that my tan is fading for the winter but it won't be completely gone, I mix some of the Tan shade with the Medium Beige and it matches perfectly. And the brushes are worth the price of the kit alone.

As for the Mineral Veil... the regular is totally sheer. The tinted adds just a tiny hint of warmth. I prefer the tinted myself.

Besides the foundation, I love, love, LOVE their eyeshadows. I have like 20 different shades right now and I always want more. They're so much fun to mix and match colors, plus you can apply them dry or wet.

• Can't get enough!

The Feather light mineral veil has some shimmer to it. I dont want to scare you from it b/c it's not the sparkly-teeny-bopper kinda shimmer. just a little bit to reflect the light etc. it looks really shimmery in the jar but when you put it on you can hardly tell, just adds a tiny bit of "glow". I have used both and I like the feather light....

It's kind of fun to do the impossible- Walt Disney

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Ok, I've been convinced to get the starter kit. Does anyone know the difference in how much you get powder wise in the starter kit vs. buying it alone.

Oh, how do you know what color to get in the starter kit?

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

You get more buying them seperately but because of the brushes it's worth the money to invest in the starter kit first off.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast