Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Black Friday - Let's Find the Deals!

Black Friday is at the end of this week! Time for us to locate the best deals.

What are the items you are looking for? How much are you willing to spend this year? Is waiting in line for hours just for the chance to get a "door-buster" worth it to you?

Which stores are you shopping at this year.

And if all else fails, there is always Amazon - who have already started their Black Friday deals: Amazon Black Fri-DAILY Deals

Personally, I'm cutting WAY back this year. Cards for more people. Candy or flowers for family who don't live close enough to visit. I'll shop Amazon and Target for DVDs and Music. Perhaps pick up an item or two at Disneyland to tie onto packages. And that's about it.

Your turn - Where are the deals? What are you getting? Let's hear it!

-Dusty

MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

Re: Black Friday - Let's Find the Deals!

The kids are old enough that this year they will get the usual mom stuff, 'sleep wear, socks, underwear' plus weird random stocking stuff.

I will probably bake but just not as much.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Forum Sommelier

I was at Best Buy in Westminster yesterday and there were people already camped out for Friday! I won't wait in line but I may run out to see if I can pick up another blu-ray player.
    Mike

• Queen of Sarcasm

Target is being super secretive with their ad. I heard some guests went online to look and see if it is available online and you are prompted to put your e mail on a list and you will be emailed with the ad "sometime on Thursday." I know some things that are going on sale for really cheap right now, the perks of befriending the girl that does the ad for us every week.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by PirateChick View Post
    Target is being super secretive with their ad. I heard some guests went online to look and see if it is available online and you are prompted to put your e mail on a list and you will be emailed with the ad "sometime on Thursday." I know some things that are going on sale for really cheap right now, the perks of befriending the girl that does the ad for us every week.
    I found some of the Target stuff here.

Target Black Friday Ad and Target.com Black Friday Deals for 2008

Not sure if it's what your looking for but they have some great sale items listed.

• Queen of Sarcasm

I saw that, I meant in general though. I work at Target and do know what is going to be on sale and what it is going for. I even know some things that aren't on there.

I'm a bit less excited about BF this year after seeing the ads. I've got some items I can order online and save a bit there. I plan on going to Sports Authority since the first 100 get a gift card plus they are having sales on some stuff I need. I'll head over to Bath and Body Works after that. I'm not fighting crowds at the big stores anymore. Those days are behind me now. I know most people will be polite but it's those few random ones that aren't that make me stay away from the bigger stores.

We have also cut back on our shopping this year too. We've set limits for extended family members and are doing more big "together" gifts for our two boys.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by PirateChick View Post
    I saw that, I meant in general though. I work at Target and do know what is going to be on sale and what it is going for. I even know some things that aren't on there.
    Any decent digital cameras for around $50 bucks? I'm looking for a cheap "good" camera for my daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    Any decent digital cameras for around $50 bucks? I'm looking for a cheap "good" camera for my daughter.
    Why, yes! Best Buy has an Insignia 7MP 3X optical zoom Doorbuster Deal for $59.99. They come in multiple colors. As always Best Buy has tons of cameras in stock so I always wait until 9 or 10 pm on the Friday after Thanksgiving to do my shopping. Sometimes they even have some of the "ticket required" items that late in the day. Don't count on them having any of the cheap laptops left, but the other stuff is sometimes still there - especially the TV's. At least that is what I have discovered in past years.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by PhotoMatt View Post
    Why, yes! Best Buy has an Insignia 7MP 3X optical zoom Doorbuster Deal for $59.99. They come in multiple colors. As always Best Buy has tons of cameras in stock so I always wait until 9 or 10 pm on the Friday after Thanksgiving to do my shopping. Sometimes they even have some of the "ticket required" items that late in the day. Don't count on them having any of the cheap laptops left, but the other stuff is sometimes still there - especially the TV's. At least that is what I have discovered in past years.
    Thanks!

• Mrs. J. Depp

Man Christmas will be tight for me this year. I will be penny pinching quite heavily. This is my first semester back at school in awhile. I forgot what it's like to be a poor college student. I LOVE to buy presents for people so I feel this is a dissapointing holiday for me. I will not be taking up on any of the Black Friday deals which is a real bummer.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I don't think I'm doing any Black Friday shopping this year. I might go out in the afternoon to see if anything good is left over. Only thing I saw in Target's ad that I liked were the Mossimo Ultra Sotf sweaters for $14.99, but they were that same price this past Saturday, so I picked up a couple then. I do want to get maybe one more though.

Two years ago I got in line at Best Buy at 3am to get a 22" widescreen monitor they were going to have for $199 (they were regularly $500 at the time). Then later I went to Target and got myself an Atari Flashback for $17.

Last year I bought the main thing I was after online from Circuit City (a $300 home theatre system on sale for half price) on Thanksgiving and picked it up at the store the next day.

•   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness

I won't be doing Black Friday on foot. I'll do most of my shopping online -- hate waiting in the forever lines at the check out counters! *click* I'm done.
    Just countin' the days til the next visit!

• Disappearing/Reappearing

I did black friday 2 years ago, and I wasn't real thrilled with what I found. Now, that I live in a HUGE city.....I don't think I'll drag myself out and fight those lines.

I AM interested on what bath and Body Works will have.....and Disney Store.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

What I want to know is, whose idea was it, after a night in a turkey induced coma to think we need to go shopping at 4 freaking AM in the morning??

I for one, will be sleeping in, having already done pretty much what little shopping I'm going to do and like All4dISNEY will be finishing up online or in catalogs.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast