• pixie cutie

How can I get over him?

I recently broke my engagement with my fiance. I had many good reasons to end the relationship. However, I can't stop thinking about him. What should I do?

• Iron-Clad Allie

Re: How can I get over him?

Don't rush into a relationship with somebody else. Stay busy...take things as they come, and try to enjoy the simple things in life. Everything will work out in time, like a happy little rhyme. You probably have more REAL friends and admirers than you might think. Get high on your self again. You're worth it!

Last edited by Ride Warrior; 09-11-2005 at 07:15 AM.

• Know More Than You Should

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior
    Don't rush into a relationship with somebodt else. Stay busy...take things as they come, and try to enjoy the simple things in life. Everything will work out in time, like a happy little rhyme. You probably have more "real" friends and admirers than you nught think. Get high on your self again. You're worth it!
    And next week, on Oprah...

I kid, I kid... Good advice RW!

• GO DBACKS!!

So sorry to hear that Tink Wink. A broken engagement is difficult but in the bigger scheme of things it is easier than a broken marriage. Unfortunately you will never stop thinking about him, dont try, but it will get better. Your main focus now should be on remembering why you broke it off, and you say there were plenty of reasons.

Now is a good time to begin that hobby you always wanted to try. I have a friend who broke an engagement and took up scuba diving. She now travels to Belize several time a year for week long diving trips with her husband of 5 years.

Oh, and I give you permission to slap anyone who begins singing to you "The sun'll come out tomorrow".

It wasn't me, it was Lisa!

Are you thinking about him in a good way or in the "I'd like to see his head on a pike with his "genitals" in a flaming bowl of gasoline below it?"

I could quote from the Chicago song "Hard Habit to Break" , but that would be pretty lame....so....sing with me...

"Being without you
    Takes a lot of getting used to
    Should learn to live with it
    I don't want to
    Being without
    Is all a big mistake
    Instead of getting any easier
    It's the hardest thing to take
    I'm addicted to you
    You're a hard habit to break "

• THE DMCA STONER!

Stick to your guns and know you are doing the right thing for yourself! And take RW's advice that was really decent!
    BOO!

• Still wants to be a cat!

If it wasn't meant to be..........

I had someone in my life for 10 years, that I still think about now, but I never married. Thought nothing could change from that point on...guess what? I found out I was right in leaving him, now I am married to the best man on earth, life has lots of surprises and most of them are good!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

How strong and brave you are. It would take a lot to walk away from a relationship at the point you were at. But, if you were able to make that decision, then it was the right one for you and you need to stick with it. Here's the cliche line, when God closes a door he opens a window! Yep, get out there and do some things that interest you, chances are when your busy living your own life, love will sneak up and grab ya!

• Wantabe DLRR Engineer

Never stop thinking about him, if you were going to marry him there must have been alot of good in the relationship. Too many memories to erase. People come into and out of eachothers lifes for a reason, you will figure out the reason. I'm sure he has many good reasons to end the relationship also. But whatever the reasons are it was a moment of time in both your lifes that will live on forever.

• Minion

((((((((((Hugs))))))))))), that must have been a very painful decision to make!! It is hard when our hearts tell us one thing and our brain tells us the truth!!
    I admire your decision to: 1: know something was wrong and
    2: to do something about it!!

I really don't have any advice as the advice everyone else gave was spectacular, but my only addition is stay busy!!
    It really helps a lot!!!
    Any day at Disneyland is a Happy Day!!!!

• UH..LIKE DUH..

Everytime you think of him, try and visualize him doing someone else..this will help immensely.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I broke off my engagement to my ex about a month after I moved in with him. We stayed together for a couple more years but then I dumped him for good when I happened to meet someone else I totally clicked better with. That was 4 yeears ago and I've never looked back. I am so much happier now than I ever was with that guy.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Tink Wink
    I recently broke my engagement with my fiance. I had many good reasons to end the relationship. However, I can't stop thinking about him. What should I do?
    There's actually a very good article about this exact problem in the latest issue of Cosmoploitan (the one with Cameron Diaz on the cover).

My own suggestions...put everything that reminds you of him in a box and put it in storage, stop doing things that the two of you used to do together...instead find a new hobby or interest, new music to listen to etc. Spend lots of time with your family and friends finding out what's going on in their lives. Do some volunteer work that makes you feel really good about yourself. And be sure to eat well and work out every day.

• Banned User

well hon, for one thing you will not stop thinking about him thats easier said then done!
    I was married to a man I deeply loved. so much in fact that when something happened and I left him it almost killed me. I thought of him, amost constantly ! he wanted me back but I decided there was no way in hell I would ever go back and I divorced him. I do not regret it, but I can tell you in tme it does get better and life goes on. The pain will diminish, and you will begin to feel better but it takes time.
    I am sorry for your pain, real sorry but I do know that with time you will feel better and I am sending good thoughts and prayers your way hugs to you!!