View Poll Results: Should we change the name or stay the same?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • we keep the thread name,( lady Belle's) but add Beau's to the title

9 64.29%
  • we change the title of the thread to something new?

5 35.71%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 149 of 152 FirstFirst ... 4999124139146147148149150151152 LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,235 of 2273

• no flash photography...

Re: The Lady Belle's are ringing in ! a new beginning

Quote Originally Posted by disneymeimei
    Hi Scuba,

How's that quilt coming along? I was instructed in the "stack 'n wack" just the other day. I'm expected to have it ready for the missions trip to Mexico at the end of December...I hope I can do it!

We had rain today also, .25", very windy and cold tonight.

Have fun at DL tomorrow - enjoy it for us!!

MeiMei
    the quilt is slowly coming along. Thsu drawingthe pattern, then swing , then cutting, then ironing is boring. It does get the little multi colored squares done quicker...it's just tedious. I like the sew two long strip together and then just cut into 3 inch pieces better...LOL..

DL should be interesting. If it's to crowded we will be leaving early. I'll try and post some pics while I'm there.

I'm sorry ti hear the sad news about your family...you'll be in my thoughts.

• Minion

Good Evening Dear Belles, Beasts, and Beaus,

I'm beat. DH and I went to Sears. Said my first, "Merry Christmas" of the season.

The kids and DH pulled out all the decorations today. Our downstairs trees are up! Three kids put their ornaments on the living room tree, so it is almost done. DH and I still have to do ours. DD2 has BF over, so she hasn't done hers yet.... I love my tree. It rotates so all the ornaments can be seen. It is a sight to behold.

My Disney tree is up in the office. Jesus Tree is up by the door. American Girl dolls have their tree up in their "house." Bathroom has it's little tree. Stairs and infamous bannister post are beautifully attired with ribbon, lighted garland and stockings. We don't put them on the fireplace because we have a woodstove, not a good idea .

DH and DD3 have lights up on the fence and arbor in front of the house, and our two cutout reindeer. I think we are the only house on the street lit up, of course it really doesn't matter because we are next to last at the end of a dead-end street and no one goes past us...

It was an all-day project...my foot was throbbing. Tomorrow we will tackle upstairs, bedrooms and bathrooms.

We watched "War of the Worlds" It was quite the "drama." I'm glad we did not pay to see it at the theaters. I would have been thrown out for my comments. Thankfully DH, DS (yes, he showed up in time for dessert yesterday! ) were very tolerant of my "tom-bashing" (I really do not care for him...sorry to any fan of his... Tom Selleck is my kind of Tom!!)

My car is still at the dealers. DH goes to work for the next three days. I will be a busy Suzy Homemaker this weekend since I can't walk past the driveway. And you know what? I'm looking forward to it!!! Total cocooning! WooHoo!! (I will stop in here to check up on all of you!)

I hope you all have tummies full of leftovers!

Night All! (Karla, please listen to your friends here and get checked out and let us know how you are!)

MeiMei, off for some pecan pie....
    Boo!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by hakuna makarla
    Hi girls
    I did go to the doctors today. I have 2 cracked ribs and torn Muscle. ( I posted this in another thread) I got some pain meds and have tried all day to find rest in many positions no such luck but I am sure I will be fine real soon. my doctor gave me vicodin, and it has not reall touched the pain but has taken the edge off so this is ok. I need prayer so I can go to work as soon as pissible, not only because my mom needs me to care for my handicapped nephew but because every day lost is money. any ways I hope you all have wonderful days, ScuBabe good idea about going to the park
    I gave my son his birthday present 2 days in advance, and he has played with it all day. He got a gameboy advance sp and 6 games.( I gave him 3 now) he has not put it down I charged it yesterday so he could play it right away, I need the rest and with him being so high strung I was just not up to entertaining . I will say my kids have been wonderful !
    I have decided to take all the presents for christmas out of there packages and addd batterys and make sure everything works ( thank you DMO2, thats an awsoem idea and also I do not have to be buisy with adding batterys and fixing things and taking them out of packages and just enjoy kid time and no mess ( besides the wrapping paper. I love the fact I can have them all out of the packages, batteries in them and eveything charged up so when the morning of christmas comes I will not have to listen to open this, this won't work, OYE I spend all my time putting things together and am exausted! That and I have to be to work by 8:00 AM Christmas day is such a hassle, I think I am going to beg mom for the day off and we all go out to eat dinner. NO cooking, just out to relax. or maybe gettign chinese the day before and reheating. I am so tired of the christmas day being harried and me being exausted. NOPE I am going to fix all the presents, and put them under the tree the night before when the kids go to bed and let them open them up and play with them right out of the wrapping! take the day off and stay in my robe!!
    ( pray I can do this
    any ways I am feeling better wehen I sit up, its trying to lay down that it gets bad . HAve a night night everyone!!
    OH, Karla! I'm glad you went to the doctors. Sorry about the ribs. They are painful and take so long to heal because they are always moving (everytime you breathe they move!) Take the meds on a schedule, don't wait for the pain to be felt, it will only take that much longer to take effect. I'll be praying for a speedy recovery!

Our santa always leaves his presents unwrapped and set up, with the child's stocking next to their three gifts (that's all he brings here). I was always puzzled as a child why my cousin's presents were wrapped with the same paper that Santa used. Mom explained that he came to our house and wrapped!?

I hope you have a restful night, sleep propped up. Hang in there sweetie!

MeiMei
    Boo!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe
    the quilt is slowly coming along. Thsu drawingthe pattern, then swing , then cutting, then ironing is boring. It does get the little multi colored squares done quicker...it's just tedious. I like the sew two long strip together and then just cut into 3 inch pieces better...LOL..

DL should be interesting. If it's to crowded we will be leaving early. I'll try and post some pics while I'm there.

I'm sorry ti hear the sad news about your family...you'll be in my thoughts.
    I'm with you on the tedious stuff...just quick and simple works for me. The ladies in my quilt group are "purests" they want everything "quilt show" perfect and handquilted to boot! I'm just a simple girl.

Have fun tomorrow, looking forward to pictures if you get the chance!

MeiMei
    Boo!

Quote Originally Posted by disneymeimei
    I'm with you on the tedious stuff...just quick and simple works for me. The ladies in my quilt group are "purests" they want everything "quilt show" perfect and handquilted to boot! I'm just a simple girl.

Have fun tomorrow, looking forward to pictures if you get the chance!

MeiMei
    I've yet to hand quilt or machine quilt. Well, I machine quilt light I guess...mostly I tie them...I go for the real old fashioned look...LOL

• Lights on Nobody Home

I've yet to hand quilt or machine quilt. Well, I machine quilt light I guess...mostly I tie them...I go for the real old fashioned look...LOL
    I have enjoyed listening to all of you talk about quilting. I made an attempt once for a small quilt for my son. It was hilarious. We still have it but it sure is scary looking. SCUBabe, I hope you do go to DL and have a great time.

I am with all of you too on the gift prepping. I can't stand the way they overpackage and make things impossible to get out. I put in the batteries and try everything out. If it is junk it goes back to the store. I do wrap though and Santa uses different wrapping and different printing. I used to love my stocking the most when growing up. We didn't have to wait for anyone to get up to open it and there was always an orange and some candy in the bottom.

MeiMei, would love to see pics of all your festive trees! Hope you are giving that foot a little rest now and then.
    Karla, now you've done it. No giggling for you. That will hurt. Hoping for a speedy recovery for you. Those ribs and muscles take a long time to heal. Keep up with your Zycam as if you got a cough cold right now it might put you over the edge. Glad you went to the Dr. Christmas you will stay home with the kids right??? You deserve that. I am glad Beau is enjoying his Gameboy SP.

DMof2...hope you are getting a ton of good deals. Sorry to hear your bad news. Did you make the drive over to the MIL's to get some leftovers? I just got a phonecall that Devon (watched my house while I was away) broke his kneecap tonight at hockey. DS is over at their place tonight and called to tell me. It happened at the game after he scored. They won't know much more till he talks to the surgeon on Monday. Stupid hospital couldn't even give him crutches.
    Baileykat what kind of deals were there at Starbucks? Sounds like you had a good shopping trip.
    Summer, how did your dinner go? I hope it was good and that you have plenty of leftovers to tide you over.
    I am on my last nightshift... I will be back Tues Morning and not a minute before. I found out the kids are out on the 16th of Dec so I will have to see what I can arrange for DS. Very windy and all the rest of the leaves are coming off the trees so I will be glad to be done with that. I see that while I was at work the rest of the neighbours put up their lights! Our area is becoming festive!

I decided not to go to DL. I woke up and I feel really fatigued still. I'm not up to the crowds that may be there. I told my daughter and she said, "thank god! I don't want to wake up!"...and she is sleeping again...LOL..

It's very windy here today. I just finished the dishes. (put then in the dishwasher and started it...LOL)...and when my child wakes up I'll work on the quilt more. I fear I may need more muslim and I do NOT wnat to go to joanns to buy more. I'm worried it will still be crazy busy.

I really don't have any palns for the day. I just know I don't feel like going anywhere....I must admit part of my decision to stay6 home was looking at the schdule for events at DL. Three parades??? Mainstreet will be packed all day...then fantasmic playing twice and the fireworks at night....all night will be crazy busy also. they really need to scale back these crowd blocking the streets activities. It's not enjoyable to try and wade through people camping out for "prime" positions all day. That and I woke up feeling very drained....oh and after reviewing my bitchy post I think I may have PMS as well...LOL...yes, better to stay home...

• Lights on Nobody Home

I decided not to go to DL. I woke up and I feel really fatigued still. I'm not up to the crowds that may be there. I told my daughter and she said, "thank god! I don't want to wake up!"...and she is sleeping again...LOL..

It's very windy here today. I just finished the dishes. (put then in the dishwasher and started it...LOL)...and when my child wakes up I'll work on the quilt more. I fear I may need more muslim and I do NOT wnat to go to joanns to buy more. I'm worried it will still be crazy busy.

I really don't have any palns for the day. I just know I don't feel like going anywhere....I must admit part of my decision to stay6 home was looking at the schdule for events at DL. Three parades??? Mainstreet will be packed all day...then fantasmic playing twice and the fireworks at night....all night will be crazy busy also. they really need to scale back these crowd blocking the streets activities. It's not enjoyable to try and wade through people camping out for "prime" positions all day. That and I woke up feeling very drained....oh and after reviewing my bitchy post I think I may have PMS as well...LOL...yes, better to stay home...
    Aaah PMS yes that would suck. Maybe you will have a nice relaxing day then instead. I am home in front of the computer now contemplating the day. It will include a nap and maybe a little popping on and off the computer. Are the stores down there busy again today or was yesterday just a major 1 day event?

I don't know if the stores are busy. I haven't left the house since wednesday...LOL...I just can't wait for all theis holiday craziness to be over with. This is my least favorite time of year.

I Think I'll go make soem turkey omlettes for breakfast..

• most magical vaca ever

Devon (watched my house while I was away) broke his kneecap tonight at hockey
    This one had me scratching my head for a few minutes.... That's my son's name I'm saying to myself, Devon didn't break his kneecap Sorry to hear...
    ~~~~~~

• most magical vaca ever

Just a quick hello to my lovely friends here....

Never got a chance to shop yesterday... My niece was here til 10 pm and I did't have a car seat for her I did get all my holiday decorations out last night so it was a fun evening

Oh how I the holidays

Going to Target today to see if anything is left.

My little one went to see a Christmas play today with my friend, DS wanted to stay with me and dad today cuz' he knows we're going shopping

Well, hope to be back later tonight to catch up on all the news here

Karla hope you're feeling better!
    Phoenix, hope you had a great bday!

~~~~~~

• Happy 2007!

Hi everyone! I've been a slug for the past two days. Just hanging around the house and not accomplishing much. I do plan to get some work done today however. Thanksgiving was a lot of fun, but we never got to the karaoke. Turned out that a lot more last minute people showed up than were originally planned so it was not the intimate gathering originally planned. There were between 25-40 people. Well, you would have had to get me to drink a whole lot of wine to sing in that gathering!!!!! It was still fun and the food was great.

We've had a little stray white cat hanging around the house. She is of course extrememly sweet and cute. I cannot have another animal so I am trying like mad to find a home for her. I of course in the meantime have been feeding her and trying to figure out how to keep her warm at night (nights have been getting surprisingly cold for this area-not cold compared to some of your homes though). I tried to ignore her and pretend like she really belonged to someone, but of course she doesn't and I have given in. I'm really hoping that DD's gymnastics coach will take her on Tuesday (DD said she mentioned she wants a cat).

Sounds like most of us had a decent holiday at least. I am in awe of you shoppers. I would not dare set foot out there this time of year. I cannot stand the crowds. So I'm with you SCUBAbe on skipping DL today. As much as I would want to go, the crowds would ruin it for me too.

Karla, what a terrible accident! I am so sorry. I'm really glad you decided to go to the doctor though. I'm hoping it won't be too slow of a healing process for you and that you are not in too much pain.

DMof2- sorry you've lost another family member. It is never easy, but I do think this time of the year is a lot harder.

MeiMei- I am fascinated as well about quilting. I know nothing &DD is learning so much. I guess I'll have to go to the Quilt Museum to learn about it. Do you have a special place you go to to learn about it or do you just hang out with your group?

Disney4Me- glad you have some time off.

I will start my Christmas preparations and decorations next week. Right now, I need to try and get my house back in shape so they can go up. See you all later.

• Sock Puppet

Not one happy birthday wish. Hmmmm

Anyways......

Thursday went well. B & I joined my folks and went out to brunch with my grandma to Hometown Buffet. Got some birthday money from my gma, and an anchor blue gift card from my folks while we were out eating. Then afterwards, we went to my mom's best friend's house for Thanksgiving dinner where we were invited. Instead of having the traditional oven roasted turkey, we had it deep fried. Yum yum. Stayed there till about 8 Thursday night. B met the two girls I basically spent my life growing up with who were like sisters to me. And their kids are adorable and the whole family really took a liking to B. Well, that's Thursday......

Friday, let's just say my overtime paid off. Literally! Got me my own car, my own set of wheels. My own birthday present to myself. Went to DriveTime yesterday afternoon after doing a little pants shopping. I had like 700 to work with and they were looking to work with me on making a 500 dollar down payment and like 150 for insurance to drive off the lot. I was heavily leaning towards getting a truck, but that would prove too expensive and needing a larger down payment in the form of 2 thousand dollars. So I said a car is ok, but one with a moon roof. Didn't have any. The first car I looked at and they were gonna hook me up with was a blue Ford focus. And if you want to know what blue it was, those of you that have windows xp and haven't changed the default settings, look down at your toolbar. It had everything, fully loaded. It had remote entry, low mileage, power windows/locks, alarm, and a 6 cd changer. But that turned out to be a bit expensive needing a higher down payment. And come to find out, it's more of a girl's car. Oh well. Then they come to me saying "There is another one that is a definite, but it is at our Long Beach facility. We can take one of our's and go get it doing a trade over between dealerships." So we hopped in a clown car almost, and drove down there and picked up a silver 2001 four door pontiac grand am. And that is the one I have now. I call it my Silver Bullet. It's also fully loaded. Remote entry for the doors AND the trunk. It also has an alarm, power windows/locks/steering, cd changer, and drives like it's on rails. Being that this name is starting to become outdated, I might just create a new name with reference to my new toy. Silver Phoenix. I can really spread my wings with this one. Well, that's all for now. I'll post a picture of it pretty soon from my camera phone. Catch ya'll later.

• love my friends

I NOW HAVE 2 days off from DCA.. thank GOD>. it has been a long long week.. i have the manager from HELL.. (A new guy) I could strangel the guy.. I tell you, he doesnt make this plac ethe happiest place on earth LOL

Tomarow we are going to the CM mix in christmas party at DCA and disney should be fun but BUSY.. and I hate crowds.. oh well, as long as the girls have a great time, thats all the matters

Oh yes.. TONIGHT is BEER NITE (It always is on my first nite off) lol

Friends for life

• Happy 2007!

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixfire2k5
    Not one happy birthday wish. Hmmmm

Anyways......

Thursday went well. B & I joined my folks and went out to brunch with my grandma to Hometown Buffet. Got some birthday money from my gma, and an anchor blue gift card from my folks while we were out eating. Then afterwards, we went to my mom's best friend's house for Thanksgiving dinner where we were invited. Instead of having the traditional oven roasted turkey, we had it deep fried. Yum yum. Stayed there till about 8 Thursday night. B met the two girls I basically spent my life growing up with who were like sisters to me. And their kids are adorable and the whole family really took a liking to B. Well, that's Thursday......

Friday, let's just say my overtime paid off. Literally! Got me my own car, my own set of wheels. My own birthday present to myself. Went to DriveTime yesterday afternoon after doing a little pants shopping. I had like 700 to work with and they were looking to work with me on making a 500 dollar down payment and like 150 for insurance to drive off the lot. I was heavily leaning towards getting a truck, but that would prove too expensive and needing a larger down payment in the form of 2 thousand dollars. So I said a car is ok, but one with a moon roof. Didn't have any. The first car I looked at and they were gonna hook me up with was a blue Ford focus. And if you want to know what blue it was, those of you that have windows xp and haven't changed the default settings, look down at your toolbar. It had everything, fully loaded. It had remote entry, low mileage, power windows/locks, alarm, and a 6 cd changer. But that turned out to be a bit expensive needing a higher down payment. And come to find out, it's more of a girl's car. Oh well. Then they come to me saying "There is another one that is a definite, but it is at our Long Beach facility. We can take one of our's and go get it doing a trade over between dealerships." So we hopped in a clown car almost, and drove down there and picked up a silver 2001 four door pontiac grand am. And that is the one I have now. I call it my Silver Bullet. It's also fully loaded. Remote entry for the doors AND the trunk. It also has an alarm, power windows/locks/steering, cd changer, and drives like it's on rails. Being that this name is starting to become outdated, I might just create a new name with reference to my new toy. Silver Phoenix. I can really spread my wings with this one. Well, that's all for now. I'll post a picture of it pretty soon from my camera phone. Catch ya'll later.
    What are you talking about???? You had a whole Happy Birthday thread, didn't you see it?It's in the Gibson Girls Lounge. We didn't forget you!!!

So glad all your hard work paid off. Congratulations on getting the car!