View Poll Results: Should we change the name or stay the same?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • we keep the thread name,( lady Belle's) but add Beau's to the title

9 64.29%
  • we change the title of the thread to something new?

5 35.71%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 50 of 152 FirstFirst ... 2540474849505152536075100150 ... LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Re: The Lady Belle's are ringing in ! a new beginning

Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell
    It took two hours. And it caused an errand. Cassidy had $46 cash and $34 in change. Chloe had $41 in change and some cash. Courtney had $42 cash and about $20 in change, almost all of it PENNIES. I have all the change in three gigantic freezer bags and need to get cash today. I'm not looking forward to walking in with all that change.
    That's a lot of mula..good for them!

Does your local grocery store have a change machine? Our Nob Hill has one and all you do is dump all the coins in it and then it spits out a slip of paper that you give to one of the cashiers to get the cash.

My bank requires us to roll the pennies so I stopped turning change in there a long time ago.

• Rally Time!

i'm pretty good at spending pennies as they accumulate and i'll always pick them up when i see them. every penny counts! my girls need piggy banks though too.

Having weekdays off really helps being a parent - we took Zoe to the dentist yesterday at 230 pm - she had a few very small cavities on her back teeth that'll be in there a few more years, so we're going to fix them after we get back from DLR. And Syd and I skated this morning, it's my favorite time to skate because the rink is so quiet compared to the later afternpoons and Saturdays.

Break out the parkas! - it's going to be down to the 80's over the weekend!
    a friend of Walt.

• Lights on Nobody Home

Quote Originally Posted by disney jones
    i'm pretty good at spending pennies as they accumulate and i'll always pick them up when i see them. every penny counts! my girls need piggy banks though too.

Having weekdays off really helps being a parent - we took Zoe to the dentist yesterday at 230 pm - she had a few very small cavities on her back teeth that'll be in there a few more years, so we're going to fix them after we get back from DLR. And Syd and I skated this morning, it's my favorite time to skate because the rink is so quiet compared to the later afternpoons and Saturdays.

Break out the parkas! - it's going to be down to the 80's over the weekend!
    and here I was packing shorts. My son will be very well dressed but I can't find anything to put in the suitcase. When we get there...look for the pale people in Parkas! You won't need sun, our legs will be glowing!

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Disney4Me
    : You won't need sun, our legs will be glowing!

LOL

Just make sure they're hairless!! LOL

My hubby just called to ask "permission" to play in his softball team's final game. The reason he asked is because at the first game of the season he slid into third base and injured his ankle. Having his ankle out of commission hindered some of our activities over the summer. I told him he can play as long as he doesn't slide AND he's willing to take me dancing afterward ...if his ankle can handle softball , it can certainly handle dancing. (Especially since he barely moves his legs when he's dancing! LOL) Am I mean or what?!

I love my hubby!!
    Last edited by Princess Buttercup; 10-06-2005 at 01:58 PM.

• Man O Lantern

Our bank just has one of those machines where you throw the money in and it counts it for you. Thank goodness. I'd rather throw pennies away than roll them. Especially as my kids accumulate so many so quickly.

My mom and my grandma always send my kids home from their houses with little zip-locs full of change, plus they steal mine and my husband's. I never have change. I'm that lady at the check-out rooting through her wallet for a single penny....then when I don't have one, I get my 99 cents back, and one of the kids promptly steals it. Brats.

• Pucker Up, Sweetie!

Kat steals all spare change from us as well! She's very good at saving it so I don't usually mind...of course it's only to be used for vacation spending money.

I think I'm getting my fill of this hotel room business! Today's day consisted of getting up at 6:30am, getting the kids ready, taking them to school. Back to the room, back in bed, slept two hours.

Got dressed, microwaved a Lean Cuisine pizza (which was quite good actually!) then off to pick up the mail, sign some papers for the house and pick up kids.

Back to room, back in pajamas and here we are! I think I'm bored!

Tomorrow I get to haul all the laundry to the laundrymat! Whoo hoo! Fun times! I HATE doing clothes at the laundramat, laundromat, laundrymatt! Whatever! I hate the way they smell when you bring them home..like old metal! Bleck! Not to mention I hate the idea of washing my unmentionables where Joe Blow just washed his unmentionables. Dear Lord I hope he used hot water! Urp!

The kids are doing remarkedly well! It's still slightly like an adventure!

But next weekend we off to Texas for 4 days...Kat's getting her puppy. Then we move in on the 21st! Whoo hoo!!!!

• Man O Lantern

I hope time passes quickly for you! I'm sure the kids love it.

When I was little, we moved to Sitka, Alaska because my dad was in the Coast Guard. Our home wasn't ready, so the USCG put us up at the Shee Attika Lodge for the summer.

I loved living in the hotel! The front desk clerk lived in an apartment in the hotel and I'd go and watch The Mickey Mouse Club in her apartment, since my sister was about 18 months old and annoying. She and her husband even came to my birthday party after we moved out of the hotel. I'll never forget them. I still have the tiny gold locket they gave me.

I had access to everything, including the service floor. They had their own floor for the restaurant, laundry, maids, whatever. They let me roam all over the place. I remember stealing things off the carts....like jelly packets.

It was a gorgeous hotel.....apparently my parents didn't care where the heck I was, as long as I wasn't in the room watching TV and they felt it was safe. I had a blast.

So your kids.....are probably enjoying the novelty of the hotel. I'm sure you're in hell, like my parents were though. Sorry!!!

• Minion

Good Afternoon Belles, Beasts, and Beaus!

We have a beautiful day here! It's 80 degrees right now on my back deck. It was 39 degrees at 5:30 this morning! I don't know how to dress in the morning! I end up changing about a dozen times a day.

I love all the talk about loose change...it's fun to hear what other people think about pennies. We have a Mickey Mouse Sorcerer (sp) popcorn bucket that we throw our pocket change, found monies, and even bills on occasion. We call it our DL fund. There is usually enough for a few ice creams and churros.

Who wants to hear a story? Okay, I see three hands...

Last Saturday my DD3 she was out in the yard playing "old fashion." This means wearing one of her sister's dresses with a crinoline slip to poof it out. She was under the fig tree at the picnic bench pretending that it was the olden days and she was making food (figs, acorns, apples, dried corn, water whatever she found in the yard). I was just getting ready to go out the door for our last big quilting bee and in she comes with that voice. The voice that says, "mommie....I'm hurt" I look up to see her still in the dress, but now wearing a bicycle helmet, hmmm. What happened? Well, it seems that part of playing old fashioned includes riding horses. She has three bikes, her steeds, they have a corral and everything. She took one of her mighty steeds out for some trick riding - stand up with your left foot on the pedal, throw your right leg over the bar and pose your leg, oh and raise a hand for show, all this done wearing a big, poofy dress...yep, you guessed it...she ate it, royally. Her front tire hit a rock and down she came on top of her mighty steed. She had a scrape from her right arm pit down to her wrist and her right hip was very sore (fortunately not broken as I first suspected). After I got her comfortable with ice and DVD, I left her in the care of DH and headed straight to Starbucks for that Pumpkin Spice latte DJ mentioned - I seriously need a good strong drink!

I thought having a little girl would keep me from having these kinds of traumas! She is always up a tree, jumping her bike, and other various modes of movement that make this mama hide her eyes!

MeiMei,
    (oh, we added more quilt pictures!)
    Boo!

• Lights on Nobody Home

[QUOTE=Princess Buttercup]LOL

Just make sure they're hairless!! LOL

How did you know? making a mental note to shave legs.

Where the heck is Karla today..actually the board was pretty quiet..where did everyone go today. Must be busy with fun stuff I hope and not sick.

MeiMei, Sounds like your daughter has a great imagination...if I had girls instead of boys I would hope they would be as much fun!

I remember living in a hotel/motel as a kid a few times..it was great..from a kids point of view for a period of time anyways.

DJ..saw Piggybanks on the Angel's site that are cute little piggies wearing A's uniforms.

Hey, I just noticed the check spelling icon...lol

Schools here went on strike today! Do not send your child to school said the letter. I hope that they work something out with the teachers. This has been a long time coming and they have some valid issues. If they stay on strike while we are gone, DS will be ahead when he gets back as I have work for him. They will probably be legislated back to work. I think it may be an illegal strike so am not 100% sure how it all works...Good time to plan a trip to DL!!!

• Minion

Good Morning Belles, Beasts and Beaus,

D4me is right...it is quiet here lately.

Could they have all gone to DL without us D4me? No, they wouldn't leave us, they must be busy with real life - Real life can get a bit overwhelming...I personally wanted to run away from home yesterday morning, but thankfully my bible study group turned me around and I came home...

Dealing with striking workers seems to be something we have to do more and more. Our metro drivers are on strike here and it has been hard for a lot of people. I believe in unions and what they originally stood for, but some of the "benefits' that are on the bargining table do not always sit well. There are many people who would love to get the salaries and benefits that the strikers already recieve.

On the good side of your school's strike - like you said, your son will be ahead scholastically and won't be marked "absent" for the trip! It's good that you have this trip coming up, a trip to DL is always good!

MeiMei
    Boo!

• Minion

When is your next trip to DL?

We plan to go early December. I need to change our reservations. Originally we booked at GCH, but after our wonderful stay the BWPPI, we will stay there and save $$.

Let's see...DJ and D4me are going very soon.

Who's next? (sneaky way to do a roll call! hee, hee)

MeiMei
    Boo!

• most magical vaca ever

Hi Belles & Beasts

Wow, it sure has been quiet here over the past day or two... Hope everyone is doing well. Karla, where are you?

Meimei sorry to hear about your daughter getting hurt. My daughter (7) is the same way! ALWAYS getting hurt somehow- everyone says she should have been a boy Sorry, have no plans on visiting DL anytime soon. We are planning our WDW trip for 2006 right now. Just waiting to see what day my daughter will be making her first holy communion and then we can set our dates for Disney

DJ- We will be nice to your monkey lovin' angels I just hope we can get the games in with all the rain we're going to have. Tonights game shouldn't be a problem but tomorrow is going to be hard. It figures, we haven't had rain here in a while, there's a drought and NOW it has to rain

Stinkerbell- my bank has that wonderful machine as well. The kids love taking their change and then depositing it into their accounts. My change compartment in my car is ALWAYS empty thanks to them!

baileykat- I feel for you, I was at the laundromat for a good 2 hours last night. I HATE going there but have no choice We're not allowed to have a washer/dryer where we live. I try to go 2 x's a week so it doesn't pile up but with 2 kids you can imagine the piles!

D4Me- School's on strike Oh no! But it couldn't have happened at a better time Hope they resolve their issues ASAP! My kids have today off, there is some teachers workshop so they're happy to have their first day off this school year.

PB- when is the big game for you hubby? That's funny how he called you to ask first. My hubby is the same way, his friends all laugh at him for always saying "Let me ask my wife"... I don't think there is anything wrong with that

Well, have to go check out the movie times... it's a toss up between Corpse Bride and Wallace & Gromit. We may even go bowling instead....
    ~~~~~~

• Circle of Ancients

Now my hubby's asking if I care when he gets his hair cut today! I told him I don't care WHEN , just HOW! LOL He's had the exact same haircut for the last 18 years. He's also had a mustache almost the entire time. He's shaved it off exactly three times! Without it, he looks like an 18 year old boy which really freaks me out, especially now that we're 42. I don't want to feel like a cradle robber in bed!!! LOL

I sure hope Karla comes online today! I miss her when she's gone!

Meimei...how's your daughter's boo-boo?

DJ and SCUBAbe...I'm not sure I've been following all this baseball talk correctly, but are you two rooting for opposite teams? I vote for the monkey one!!

bailekat...I'm out of the loop ...why are you living in a hotel right now?

stinkerbell...thanks for sharing your story about the time you lived in a hotel...that was a fun read!

D4Me and DMof2....I keep getting the two of you mixed up because you usernames are so similar!! I'll get all the details of your lives straight sooner or later!!!

Ugh..I wish we had not gone out dancing last night. By the time we got there at 9 pm I was already tired and now I'm even more tired. It's been a busy week and tonight is homecoming at the highschool. My son is playing in the freshman game, my daughters are running a booth for the carnival part, and my hubby and I are working at the front gate! Go Falcons!!
    Last edited by Princess Buttercup; 10-07-2005 at 09:43 AM.

•   
    • So fetch

Morning Belles and Beasts

Boo, it's laundry day! I got it sorted. Now I just the motivation to lug it down the hall. I'm just glad that I only have to do 3-4 loads once a week.

Any exciting plans going on this weekend? I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my mother in law comes to down to visit tommorow. I really want to see a movie and have some "away from the kid" time. It's been a while.

• Pucker Up, Sweetie!

PB - we just moved to Kansas from Arizona. We don't close on our house til next week and then don't get possession until the week after. So instead of the kids and I staying in Arizona and paying an extra months rent and then making hubby fly out to move us...we decided to take the company up on their offer to put us up in a hotel for 4 weeks!

So here we are! Two weeks left...I can do this! I keep repeating!

I think it would be a bit better if we had better hotel amenities. But we have no pool, no exercise room, no laundry. The breakfast stinks. It's a Microtel Inn, but it's brand new. Everything is new and clean...the staff is a bit scary. They all look in bred! And spend the majority of their time sitting outside with their families smoking. It was the only pets acceptable place.

Two more weeks....two more weeks!